Just Ordered A Stripped M&P 15 Lower! Help Me Build It!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
As the title says, I just ordered my new lower for a SBR setup for home defense and SHTF scenario's...

Any suggestions on parts for the lower? Already have nice upper ready to go so....

I was looking at this trigger set up by damnnnnn it's high...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/16...lk-pins-ar-15-small-pin-154-3-lb-single-stage

I also have a Acog TA44 on the way for it:cool: Several 60rd surefire mags, just waiting on the 100's:eek:

Jard makes a nice 1.5 lb adj. for about a $100 less and got great reveiws. That is the trigger I'm going to use in my 6.8spc ar15 build . For home defence don't forget your tac lite & laser.:cool: Sam

Why are you getting a single stage when a double stage is much better Shane? If you can get the first pull and then get a good pull off the second you don't have to worry about primers. Check Brownells and you can find them, but they cost a little more.

Why are you getting a single stage when a double stage is much better Shane? If you can get the first pull and then get a good pull off the second you don't have to worry about primers. Check Brownells and you can find them, but they cost a little more.

Charlie, I haven't really had much expierence with the double stage triggers. I have purchased one for my mac10 Ak -47 just haven't installed it yet.

I plan on putting a slide stock on this gun so I am not sure how that would work with a double stage trigger! That would be a good thing to test out:D

Charlie, I haven't really had much expierence with the double stage triggers. I have purchased one for my mac10 Ak -47 just haven't installed it yet.

I plan on putting a slide stock on this gun so I am not sure how that would work with a double stage trigger! That would be a good thing to test out:D
I'm suprised you haven't fired a Garand or M1A Shane. They have really good trigers most of the time and the reason I don't like single stage on an AR based rifle is because they don't always fire properly. If you get a hard primer it may not fire and a double stage doesn't have that isse most of the time.

Shane,
with the slide fire stock, you want to run high quality parts if you intend to run a lot of rounds through it. Parts that are true MIL spec and high quality.

For a lower parts kit, I would recommend this kit from Daniel Defense. Built for warriors, by warriors.

https://danieldefense.com/components-parts/lower-half/lower-receiver-parts-kit-semi-auto.html

Also, I do not recommend a two stage trigger for a slide fire stock. That is a recipe for a runaway gun.

You will also need to run a high quality Bolt Carrier Group if you plan on running a lot of rounds, as well as a quality buffer.

These parts are what will wear very quickly if you intend to make this a "slide fire stock" only SBR.
Also, go with a quality single stage trigger. Something like a CMC or a Timney, but honestly, I would try the supplied trigger first as a light weight would definitely take some getting used too with the slide fire stock.
Hope this helps.

Patrick