Just got back from vacation and decided to do some work under the hood, git the right fenderwell cleaned up and rerouted some of the wiring. Still need to clean up the ac comp, trans cooling lines and some other items. Also removed the overspray off the blue steering column collar. I ordered a carb kit for the Dualjet and hoping to have that in a few days so I can clean it up and install new gaskets and whatever else it may need. Planning on being done completely under the hood this weekend until I get the motor back. Also It appears the heater valve has been changed out at some point to the black plastic one. Going to get a ac Delco one since they still make the original style and they aren’t too expensive for the correct piece
Taped up the taillights and resprayed the chrome outline I think they came out very nice. I used a rustoleum chrome metallic paint. I’ve used it before on similar things and haven’t had any issues with it. Lays down nice and blends in well if you need to do a touch up
Got some more parts and brackets removed and ready for cleaning. Got the manifolds and crossover pipe off the donor engine without having any bolts break off into the manifolds which is awesome as I hate drilling out broken bolts. Got the brakes bled this evening as my wife finally helped me with that. Also got the original exhaust off the car to make way for the new pypes dual exhaust system. Going to go by the machine shop tomorrow and see how we’re looking as I haven’t been by there in a couple weeks due to me being on vacation. Hoping he is about done with the engine so I can get it back and get it prepped for some corporate blue paint and start reinstalling parts. Ready to see a engine back in this engine bay. I plan on ordering the GTA wheels probably in the middle of August along with the center caps and lug nuts. Then all that will need to be ordered is the exhaust.