just replaced the knock sensor and now the engine wont start!!!! help

cecil bass

I just replaced the knock sensor now the engine won't start ..... I took a reading from across the coil pack I'm getting 10.6 Ohms, now I dont know what to do....... Some one help me track down this problem

Are you getting spark?
Fuel pressure?
If you have a noid light you can check injector pulse
Did you check your ecm fuse?

the injector harness has a connector right by the knock sensor. check to see you didn't knock it loose or pinch a wire.

when you replaced the sensor, what parts did you remove?

Bob

If you didn't forget to connect the harness to the coil (coil module actual)... Take that 1/4" bolt and back it out about 1/4 turn. On some cars, clamping that retainer bolt down tight will cause bad connections and kill the spark.

the terminals in the coilpack connector can lose tension from heat and age, or it may be loose (or too tight)

Retracing your steps should reveal the issue..

B

Did you tighten ign. mod. to mounting bracket nuts? There are 3 11mm nuts on my cars. Once I swapped mods/coils from one car to another and left one loose and it ran like$hit. Just a thought.Mark.

I gonna have to wait til the wife comes home I can't check the spark by myself ..... I'll post results in the morning

Ecm wire is connected ,all fuses are good , fuel pressure is normal. If OK unplug all the wires from the coil and turn over engine nothing just smooth crank when I plug the wires in it will crank over a few times fine then the engine hiccups and the dash lights dim..... So that's letting me know its something with the ignition let know what you all think?

Does your plug wires match this technical drawing?
attachment.php

...and did you loosen off that 1/4 bolt that holds the wiring harness to the coil module?