You can type here any text you want

just replaced the knock sensor and now the engine wont start!!!! help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I gonna have to wait til the wife comes home I can't check the spark by myself ..... I'll post results in the morning

Pull the #5 wire off the plug, reach thru the back of the hood, stick you little finger in the boot, reach in and turn the key..

Pull the #5 wire off the plug, reach thru the back of the hood, stick you little finger in the boot, reach in and turn the key..

rolling.gif

RemoveBeforeFlight

When i check for spark, i pull a plug wire and put a spark plug in it and lay it on top of the throttle body to ground it and use a piece of duct tape to keep it in place,then turn the key to crank the engine over,you will be able to see if it has spark. Could be you damaged the crank sensor while reinstalling the connector plug for the ignition module.

Sounds like you need to do some troubleshooting now to find the no spark problem here is a link to help.

vortexbuicks-etc.com

unplug the connector feeding the CCCI module and carefully look at all the pins, making sure nothing got damaged when you plugged it back in.

Did you take off the coil? If you did check the wires and connections to the coil from the module.

When you installed the new knock sensor did you torque it to 14 ft.lbs. This has nothing to do with it not starting but before you get everything bolted back in place and the car running, just thought i would ask.

Yup I torqued it down good .... I came from auto zone and I have a bad control module...... I guess that's why I won't start.....

Yup I torqued it down good .... I came from auto zone and I have a bad control module...... I guess that's why I won't start.....

Ok, i just wanted to see if you were aware that the proper torque of the knock sensor was 14 ft.lbs.

The ignition module from Autozone works great on our turbo v6 engines,it's the only ignition part that i have used from them that works and doesn't cause any problems though other than the Bosch premium spark plug wires.

That's odd your coil module died at the exact instant you replaced the knock sensor. Or by 'control module' did you mean the ECM, I.E. the car's computer?

You'll notice goofy stuff like that happens often messing with these cars.

14lbs is not "torqued down good". Too tight will give you false knock.

That's odd your coil module died at the exact instant you replaced the knock sensor. Or by 'control module' did you mean the ECM, I.E. the car's computer?

You'll notice goofy stuff like that happens often messing with these cars.
Not the ECM the ignition control module ...... I don't know maybe I removed it wrong? I thought the module was going bad anyway sometimes my car sputtered while under boost and sometimes when regular driving........

Back