You can type here any text you want

KCIR Saturday March 10

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

daviss

Any one going to KCIR Saturday? It's a pre register event that a friend of mine puts on. I'll be there all day without my car, just wondering if there will be any buicks or just more mustangs and camaros.

Steve

I was there with the white turbo regal limited...

Talked with lots of people that day, were you one of them?

Slow to post, yeah i know :)

Attachments

• IMG_3973 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3973 (Small).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 87
That was you in the limited? I didn't talk to anyone really, I was there with my daughter and she was kind of cranky from the drive. I did take a good look at all the Buick's though. I really wish I would have brought the car. There were more turbo cars than I thought would show. You guys had quite a gathering of cars there.

I was going to pm you before I decided not to take my car. I was going to see if you could give me a hand dialing in my car. I don't spend enough time at the track lately and I've got kind of a new setup that I need to get dialed in. Just alky and a front mount, but i just don't have the time I need to make it right.

I've known the Tosto Brothers forever. Our dad's raced together since I can remember. They were all over me to take my car but I opted to go the family route. It was a good time though. It ws my daughters first time to the track. Nothing like a little father-daughter time out of town.

Steve

I dont know the tosto brothers personally, but i did sign up for the race on mofbody... We went to last falls event and dialed in Scott Reeds 87 GN.
He was pitted with V&P Racing. / his brother :) I had a blast this year and last, LOTS of racing!

Yeah there was Joe Jr. with the light blue turbo regal, Papa Joe with the super nice show GN that wasnt racing... My white limited that i was racing.
Those were parked together at Joe Jr's white enclosed trailer right between the V&P camp in the corner and the consession stand.

Greg had his primered GN parked next to us but he wasnt racing.

JohnPlogii had his GN there running/ dialing in the new motor... He ended up having a bad alternator, and some loose connections..

And Scott Reed in his 87 GN was battling a new convertor in his turbo 400 with all new trans convertor and turbo combo.

If everyone else would have gotten off their duffs, there would have been 20 more turbo regals there... Theres alot of them here in KC.

Man, wished we could have met up... You planning on going to next falls event? I do plan on going, and if you show up, bring lots of racegas and or methanol and a turbo tweak chip, ill help ya out :)

BW

Yeah, I'll be going in the fall, and i've got the chip and plenty of meth already.
It would be great to have more buicks than mustangs since it was originally supposed to be a GM event.
Was that GNX 397 the real deal. Never seen a GNX with a roll bar before. I guess you KC guys have a lot more money than we do.

Its a GNX clone and he drives down here from omaha nebraska to race at that track quite a bit.
He is johnplogii on the site.

Do you know the dates for next fall?

Do you guys come to KCIR often?

BW

That was actually my first time @ KCIR in about 25 years and I'm only 31, so I guess the answer is no. The guys I run with go a couple times a year at least and go to MoKan every once in a while. I've never had time to pack up the car and go racing out of town. I would guess that you guys are there pretty regular. I don't know the date for the fall event yet but I'll let you know and I'll probably post it on here. Maybe we could get quite a turnout.

Steve

Brian,

When do you plan to head to KCIR again? I'm waiting on a replacement 3 bar map sensor from Julio, but after that i'll be ready to hit the strip again.

I'm hoping to go to KCIR someone, but dont know when. I dont wanna run here the at HPT, but it opens the 11th of April because a lot of rice and prob a lot of idiots will be there. But we'll see.

-Adam

Back