Kill after Mcdonalds + WB info

Pablo

It was cool meeting some of you in person at McDonalds. Hopefully I can make it out to some more get togethers. I wasn't expecting any turbo buicks to be there at all so it was a pleasant surprise to see so many.

On my way home I got a little lost and ended up on what I think was Anaheim blvd? anyway, along comes this terminator cobra out of nowhere and starts pacing me. So I decide to give him a little taste of boost and get on it for a second. He then decides he wants to run. I hear him drop down a couple of gears and start hearing the supercharger whine so I get on it again and it's on. This thing was surprisingly fast. I right off pulled a half car on him and was creeping up on a full car when we had to let off. We only got on it briefly. Turns out his passenger was video taping the whole thing. We then went to the freeway and they tried to run me from like a 65 mph roll. I was surprised to find out that I was killin' em worse there. Every time we took off I immediately put a couple cars on him. The guy said he would post the video on streetfire so I'm pretty excited about seeing it.
It was probably one of the faster cars I've raced on the street. Normally nothing I've ever run into has given me even a close to decent run. I'm wondering what he had done to it. Def. had a lot of supercharger whine+ exhaust at a minimum

BTW we had talked about WB sensor placement.. here is some info for you:

Support :: Innovate Motorsports

"The Bosch LSU4.2 wide-band O2 sensor (shipped as part of the LM-1 kit) is rated to operate at an exhaust gas temperature of < 1300 degrees (F), and a sensor housing temperature of < 900 degrees (measured at the bung) for maximum accuracy and control. When either of these operating temperature ranges is exceeded, the sensor can no longer be accurately controlled. Further, operating at or over these temperatures for any length of time can significantly reduce the lifetime of the sensor"

as for plumbing your wideband pre-turbo

"On a n/a engine you will not see any back-pressure high enough to influence the readings appreciably with the ST-12 and Bosch sensor (NTK is different). The "excessive" backpressure warning is for people wanting the sensor before a turbo. There you would have backpressures up to 2 times boost. Depending on AFR, it can cause up to 1 AFR difference at very rich AFRs. The error will be larger, the more the AFR differs from stoich." - innovatemotorsports site administrator

Measuring 1600+ pre turbo in the stock o2 bung is pretty common. I think post turbo temps dont come down that much more till you get a good ways down the down pipe. Thats why I have my wb mounted at the end of the downpipe.
Your results may vary, just sharing what the sensor limits are and what works for me.

Pablo, your car is absolutely insane :eek: I love the "street tires" you're rolling around on :biggrin:

hah thank you, hey I don't remember you telling me what your screen name was at the meet (maybe you did I have a bad memory)

Refresh my memory so I can put a face with a name

I had the white buick T-type with the blacked out trim that was on the same row as your syclone. I was parked a few cars down.
You have a really nice truck, I was talking to you about your boost problem and also pointed out how your throttle body looks exactly like a TPI throttle body (if that helps jog your memory)

Here are pictures from last night: Motorgen - Photos - Fullerton McDonalds 06/14/2008. The guy in the gray shirt, that's me. I run that site with a couple other guys. We try to go to as many of the local events as possible and tape or take pictures at almost everything. My brother had the other white Turbo Buick there last night, although his is TAME compared to yours :biggrin:

LOL, this is one of my friends talking about your car on our board:

I especially like the part where he said his DRs and skinnies were his "street" tires, and he puts the slicks on at the track. :smack: It's too bad it's not like the ole days where there were long abandoned stretches where you could race at only a risk to yourself. No more. :(

Holy crap1!!!!! thats me!! I'm going to have to get in touch, hahah

BTW i discovered that my nitrous spool wasnt even working till a couple days ago... one of my wires came loose

woulda def. made for a quicker jump.

btw anyone know ballpark what the kb upgrade does for terminators power wise? that sucker was pretty quick. Too bad we didnt have open road for a clean run. That second race was from like 65 mph, there was another race or two he did not post up. Not really anything to see though, about the same

btw anyone know ballpark what the kb upgrade does for terminators power wise? that sucker was pretty quick. Too bad we didnt have open road for a clean run. That second race was from like 65 mph, there was another race or two he did not post up. Not really anything to see though, about the same

pablo what's up ?
are you coming out on sunday to irwindale? lots of buicks:biggrin: :biggrin:

I'll look into it. If it were closer I'd be there in a heartbeat. Just don't want to break so far from home.

How strict is irwindale tech? No blowdown tube here. Also no harnesses. 5 point is also not certified by anyone. Doesn't give me problems at barona, but qualcomm hassles me about the blowdown tube. Also, I just have a fire jacket, no suit or anything (not sure thats mandatory anyway)

I think with tune and KB that cobra is pushing more than 500+ ponies, good kill! what happening on sunday?

Depending on boost level and assuming a stock longblock, likely 550-620 rwhp. Based on your sig, that turned out about how I figured considering how short the runs were. I think if you continued up to higher speeds that Cobra would start creeping back on you.

Nice Runs!

Did you have a passenger?

I'll look into it. If it were closer I'd be there in a heartbeat. Just don't want to break so far from home.

How strict is irwindale tech? No blowdown tube here. Also no harnesses. 5 point is also not certified by anyone. Doesn't give me problems at barona, but qualcomm hassles me about the blowdown tube. Also, I just have a fire jacket, no suit or anything (not sure thats mandatory anyway)

Tech is cool. ;) It's the time slip guy that messes w/ you. If you're not in the 11.50 1/4 mile time your cool with pants and helmet. I think it's a 7.50 he peeks in looking for a cage. You can always tell him your gonna slow it down and make one more hard run. ;)

Nice video by the way. :biggrin:

Depending on boost level and assuming a stock longblock, likely 550-620 rwhp. Based on your sig, that turned out about how I figured considering how short the runs were. I think if you continued up to higher speeds that Cobra would start creeping back on you.

Nice Runs!

Did you have a passenger?

No I didn't have a passenger. You might be right, at higher speeds his aerodynamics might take over. Starting at 65 mph though already gets you going faster than a TR should be going aerodynamically :p Too bad I couldn't stay in it, there was traffic. The other runs against him that he did not post seemed worse for him but I could be high.

I've contacted him, hopefully he replies and he is cool with racing from a dig. I'm pretty confident he won't be able to hang

And thanks for the info guys. I'm checking to see if I can get a backup plan in case my car picks this time to break. It's an hour and a half away. If one of you with a trailer wants to promise me that you'll haul me home if I break (I'll pay gas if that happens) I'll definitely go :biggrin:

No I didn't have a passenger. You might be right, at higher speeds his aerodynamics might take over. Starting at 65 mph though already gets you going faster than a TR should be going aerodynamically :p Too bad I couldn't stay in it, there was traffic. The other runs against him that he did not post seemed worse for him but I could be high.

I've contacted him, hopefully he replies and he is cool with racing from a dig. I'm pretty confident he won't be able to hang

And thanks for the info guys. I'm checking to see if I can get a backup plan in case my car picks this time to break. It's an hour and a half away. If one of you with a trailer wants to promise me that you'll haul me home if I break (I'll pay gas if that happens) I'll definitely go :biggrin:
that was some good runs pablo nice gn thats one of my friends cobra check it out on streetfire.net/sic7camaro, btw digs im sure his down:cool: