You can type here any text you want

Killed A Pontiac Grand Prix

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85_Daphne

They call me Cowyboy...
A buddy and I just got back from a local car show another town away. we were just shootin a breeze at night fall when we decided to go to the local casey's for a pop. We just pulled in when this kid and his friend pulled out in like a '99 or 2000 Grand Prix. He floors and yelled some crap to me. My buddy looked at me and said "he just called you out, you going to let that happen?" i told him "hell no, we can get pop later." we met up at a light shortly there after and the guy looks at me and reevs his engine, i looked over and just smiled. i brake boosted left in second, i got the jump and took 5 lengths. he turned off couldn't face me like a man.

That's a kill! but a GP, sound more like assisted suicide....:biggrin:

I guess we'll give you credit for a kill but you don't get many points for it. I have a 99 supercharged Grand Prix and it doesn't come close (literally) to running the GN. The front wheel drive and wimpy supercharger don't help the Pontiac very much :smile:.

was it even a GTP? even those are MAYBE high 14 second cars IF they have a good driver. no contest even for a stock turbo buick.

i also have a regal GS, which is the same thing as the GTP only a buick. its an awesome daily driver, but even with the mods i know it wouldn't stand a chance to a real regal! ;)

A win is a win. Way to stick it to the punk kids. I had a lightning huff at me the other day, so I figured I would bite and take the long way to the hardware store. All in all just a stock lighting that some kid had borrowed from his dad and he had 'BUS LENGTHS' on him!!!! Still fun to stretch the GN's legs abit and show who was boss.

I say these days a kill is a kill!! You just don't know what your going up against anymore.... Hell someone just posted a mini van that ran 11's.... Back when I had my 86' GN in the early 90's it only ran very high 13's almost stock and I tore up everything I went against with the exception of only 2 races. Today I would be lucky to win 2 races with a car that slow!!!

I say these days a kill is a kill!! You just don't know what your going up against anymore.... Hell someone just posted a mini van that ran 11's.... Back when I had my 86' GN in the early 90's it only ran very high 13's almost stock and I tore up everything I went against with the exception of only 2 races. Today I would be lucky to win 2 races with a car that slow!!!
that's true, you never know. there are FWD grand prixs with turbo kits that could give even a modded turbo buick a good run.

I'm not a fan of GTP's but theres a member on this board "my1stgn" that has a white one- It runs 12's (the license plate even says so):D

Never under estimate anything on the street because you never know... I keep my GN debadged but it doesn't help. No one will even look my way:biggrin: I need a "grandpa" colored TR so that I can have some fun...Black scares them all away.

Thats funny right there. I had a pair of teenagers driving daddy's Roush Mustang give me the eyeball when I was out in the GN earlier today. They turned off at the light so no action for them. I was low on alchy so I couldnt have done much anyway.

ya it wasnt a GTP but it was still fun. and pop is the same this as soda or cola. I'm a country boy out in the middle of iowa so we call it all kinds of things.

Here is Michigan it's usually called "pop", if you say soda they look at you like you're weird and not everything is a Coke either.

Also there's a shop locally called zzp performance and those Grand Prix's run low 12's - 11's with turbos and supercharges so you never know.

Thats funny right there. I had a pair of teenagers driving daddy's Roush Mustang give me the eyeball when I was out in the GN earlier today. They turned off at the light so no action for them. I was low on alchy so I couldnt have done much anyway.

Yeah I feel you I had a new vette do a ricer flyby on me after I baited him 3 times. He got at least a car length on me before I rolled into the throttle. The next light was red so instead of maning up and taking a run from a stop he turned onto a sidestreet. Guess he was afraid that his brand new 50 grand vette would get its feelings hurt by the old 7 grand buick.

You can make those supercharged 3.8 front drivers run..... until the transmission explodes :biggrin:

Just got done searching my old computer and cannot find the old video I had saved of some guy who was WAY into the little Chrysler's and he made them little 2.3 turbos run hard. Had a little K car and a mini van that both ran low 11's. I had heard he died later but cannot find anything on that. This must have been around 1997 or so when I saw these vids and the cars sounded dead stock.

Nice kill. I see Missouri is not the only state with Casey general stores. And yeah in Indiana we called it "pop" but in NC we called it "soda". I try not to call it pop these days. Why anyone would refer to all sodas as "Coke" is beyond me.

You can make those supercharged 3.8 front drivers run..... until the transmission explodes :biggrin:

Been there and done that!:D I had a 97GS 3.25 pulley, PCM upgrade, full 3inch exhaust, cold air etc. and was running 13.80's. It pulled 237 FWP on the dyno. So it could outrun a stock GN but a modded GN not a chance. Of course the stock tranny didn't last long hehehehehehehehe

if you upgrade 4t65hd it could take alot of abuse, my gtp is making 520 fwhp, A engine swap coming in the near future, to my 87 GN

Back