Kirban Open House - 4/18/09 9:30am-4pm - Official Caravan thread..

phillyturbosix

Staff member
MAGNA will do a caravan to Kirban's for this event. Anyone is welcome to cruise on up with us. We will meet at the Bensalem K-Mart just off I-95. The K-Mart's address is 1837 Street Road Bensalem, PA 19020. We will meet there at 8am and leave at 8:30am sharp. Last time we did this we had over 30 GN's crusin up to Kirban's. Was a site to see! So come on out!

Here is more info from Kirban's newsletter about the event....

KIRBAN’S SPRING OPEN HOUSE - APRIL 18, 2009 - 9:30 am - 4 pm

Mark your calendar and spread the word among your friends who have Turbo Regals.

The date is Saturday, April 18, 2009. Time is 9:30 until 4 pm. Rain or Shine.

Yum Yum donuts and coffee will be available until supplies run out. Generally, Yum Yum donuts are gone within the first 60 minutes.

Our catalog products that are in stock will be discounted 5% to save you money, and of course you’ll save on shipping too. If you are planning to come, you can pre order parts you need in advance, so we can have what you want on hand.

With this tough economy, companies we deal with including ourselves, do not stock much inventory. So, parts are taking longer to get. This is especially true with GM related items. It’s nobody's fault, but it is something that is happening throughout the entire industry.

Because we have been dismantling cars, we will have a huge array of “tagged and bagged” goodies available. Pete Hoffman will also have a huge selection of used parts available. Keep in mind, I have some body parts and we can have them at our shop if you need them. Simply call in advance to see if we have what you are looking for. It’s a great opportunity to find some of those
hard-to-find restoration items.

We will have some door prizes and our usual M & M contest. Our current test car, a 95% stock 1987 Turbo-T will be on display.

So, mark your calendar - April 18th at our Plumsteadville location. We are one block off Route 611, at 6201 Kellers Church Road in the second industrial park on the right. Three buildings are in this group and we are on back at the far left building. This event happens - rain or shine.

GENERAL DIRECTIONS - From Willow Grove... North on Route 611, through Warrington, Doylestown and into Plumsteadville (you can take the Rt 611 Bypass that goes around Doylestown - it exits back onto Rt. 611 north of Doylestown). Watch for a shopping center with a McDonald’s on your right. Go past that light at Stump Road and the Plumsteadville Inn. Make your FIRST left at the Shelly Funeral Home onto Kellers Church Road. The second office complex is a short distance down on the right. Our unit is in the back far corner. There’s plenty of parking since most of the other companies are closed weekends.

NOTE - If you are using MapQuest, you may have to use “Pipersville” as the city

If your gonna be there and cruise up with us make sure you post in this thread!!

Dennis's Open House..

Man, I Was Lookin Foward To Goin To The Open House.. Just Remembered That It Falls On The Opening Day Of Trout Season In Pa....i Usually Take My Boys To Our Camp Up North.. Wander Is There Are Any Good Streams Near The Kirban Home.. Dennis Should Chime In On This....

kirbans 2 cents worth

Our house sits just off from a major lake. Our house is maybe 20 minutes north of our shop. Check with Jays GN he knows the area somewhat.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few over the years

Kirban Open House Update

Jays GN will be here as a vendor. Paul Castle out of Chicago is flying in also. There is a 50/50 chance that Richard Clark will make it as well.

We wil have over 350 tagged and bagged used parts for sale priced from $4 to $30. Also at least a dozen GN steel wheels priced from $75 to $175 each. Several fenders bumpers etc. Big stuff that is hard to ship.

Pete Hoffman who works for us also will have a large array of used parts for sale.
Event happens rain or shine.

Come for the parts or come for the YumYum donuts. If you come for the donuts they don't usually last into the second hour.

kir******************

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Past owner of many Turbo Regals.

Yep

I Was Goin To Ride Out With Jay And Give Him A Hand But Not Sure If I Can Pull It Off.. O By The Way, Dennis. Nice Bumper And Misc Parts..dennis Does Have Some Nice Used Parts Available..i,m In The Process Of Building A Front End For A Gn..(40,000 Km Canada Car)

I should be there in the GN for the caravan trip to kirbans, depending on this film shoot I might be doing.

kirban 2 cents worth

To answer the above no, Molly attended my 60th birthday bash in 2007. However, we are trying to set something up with Molly and Don Garlits for the Richard Clark event later this year in Burlington, NC.

Curious how did Molly happen to paint your car?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few turbo regals over the years

[Curious how did Molly happen to paint your car?]

Back in 1977 Kenne Bell had him paint this car. I now have it and have restored it to this look. The only thing missing is the "1977 US Nationals Contestant" decal on the doors. When I was restoring this I contacted Molly who gave me the funky paint colors. Once the weather gets nicer I will get some finished pictures.

Attachments

• Feb 79 PHR horizontal.jpg
    Feb 79 PHR horizontal.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 590
[Curious how did Molly happen to paint your car?]

Back in 1977 Kenne Bell had him paint this car. I now have it and have restored it to this look. The only thing missing is the "1977 US Nationals Contestant" decal on the doors. When I was restoring this I contacted Molly who gave me the funky paint colors. Once the weather gets nicer I will get some finished pictures.

kirban 2 cents worth

I did not realize Molly predates the GN project....Molly also did some of the bike colors for Yamaha...interesting in your car listing having an Avanti R2...I had a 64 Lark that had an R3 dual quads supercharged set up in it with a 1957 Pontiac rear 4-speed was an old Cailfornia drag race car....actually bought it one year at the Studebaker Nationals in South Bend in the early 1970s...Car ws extremely quick lite weight...

You got a neat collection...my problem is I sell everything, cars seldom see an anniversary at our house....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I guess for the mid 1970s that paint scheme is not that bad for the time period. Also neat you can say Molly did the original paint theme.....

kirban 2 cents worth

I did not realize Molly predates the GN project....Molly also did some of the bike colors for Yamaha...interesting in your car listing having an Avanti R2...I had a 64 Lark that had an R3 dual quads supercharged set up in it with a 1957 Pontiac rear 4-speed was an old Cailfornia drag race car....actually bought it one year at the Studebaker Nationals in South Bend in the early 1970s...Car ws extremely quick lite weight...

You got a neat collection...my problem is I sell everything, cars seldom see an anniversary at our house....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I guess for the mid 1970s that paint scheme is not that bad for the time period. Also neat you can say Molly did the original paint theme.....

My dad had a Golden Hawk with a 289 (if memory serves me from his stories) with a supercharger... Said it really hauled the mail until he drove his Chrger R/T with a 440 off the lot.....

I took him for a ride in my first GN and he said,,,, a damn 6 cyl lol..... after about 5 minutes he was a changed man LOL

Back on topic:D

Sorry for the hi-jack guys.

[I did not realize Molly predates the GN project....Molly also did some of the bike colors for Yamaha...interesting in your car listing having an Avanti R2]

The green sure does look more like Kawasaki green than anything. Molly worked with Kawasaki also. Had the Avanti out today. It's a nice ten footer.

Attachments

• car-driverside.jpg
    car-driverside.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 581
Wish I could make it out to the event, but it conflicts with the Englishtown Raceway Park Spring Car Show & Swap Meet.:(

We need some good weather here in Jersey too!

kirban 2 cents worth:

I looked at various schedules wanted to pick weekend that did not conflict with Carlisle as I attend Carlisle usually on a wednesday.

Having been to Englishtown good event but I think we got more parts for these cars at our event....

Plus I wanted to hold it in April.....

Hope for nice weather but event goes on rain/shine....its been a looong winter this
year temperature wise.

see ya next saturday

watch your speeds on route 263 and the bypass route 611 around Doylestown.
Cops may not share your same passion....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

owned a few over the years....

TTT This Saturday! It's going to be nice Thurs, Friday, and Saturday so you have time to clean those cars up and bring them out! :cool:

kirban 2 cents worth

I bumped the order for yum yum donuts to over 100...richard clark confirmed earlier tonite he is coming....

if he can drive from NC to here and with nice weather predicted we should have a good showing....can't get much more knowledgeable person than him on these cars....I know I have never been able to stump him....

also got word from the corvette club I invited they expect about 20 to be coming so should be some "fast" company at our event...I actually speak at this clubs show in early may being held on a college campus....second time I eve was on a college campus....lst time I bought a GN from a guy who worked at one!

dusted the T off tonite started rite up brakes even worked ran like a top........will lhave it on display also my rare corvette....only has 3 options....

have a safe journey....already laid out about 400 used parts....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

life span of yum yum donuts 2 hours tops....

kirban 2 cents worth

Richard Clark has informed me he will be bringing his powermaster test equipment and can test units on the car or off the car...

Kinda like a heart surgeon, telling you his opinion....the heart in this case your complex brake system.

While many of us I am sure have a passion for these cars, Richard is at the far head of the class in this category not only with his vast knowledge, but his willingness to help anyone at no charge.......

Have a safe trip....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

See you there......