You can type here any text you want

Kirban's Coil Pack

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTA1326

Is the coil pack sold by Kirban's a used part? I don't read it that way on the site, but the one I just got looks used. It has a heavily weathered and faded sticker on one end, you can see indentions left by the mounting screws, the wire tabs on the bottom have been bent before, and it is dirtier than the one on my car. I tried to call them as soon as I opened the box, but they are already gone for the day.

They should be new unless stated. He usually only sells the used stuff in his inter circle mails. Maybe someone pulled the old buy a new one.. put it on the car.. put the old one in the box and return it! I worked in auto parts for many years and I use to see guys try that one all the time! He's usually good on that kinda stuff. Let us know how you make out.

I called Kiban's this morning and they told me these coil packs are 20 year old NOS parts that all look like this one. Now, I'm not trying to flame anybody here, I'm just trying to understand what I'm seeing. I'm also not upset with a $60 part vs. a $95 part, but I still don't get it. I can understand them all being dirty if they are 20 years old, but how about the weathered sticker, the screw marks on the body, plug wire marks on the towers, and connector marks on the bottom contacts?

They told me I could send it back for a refund, but they wouldn't send me another one since they all look like this. I didn't think to ask, but I guess either use it or get screwed on double shipping. Surely somebody else one here has bought on from Kirban's and seen what I'm seeing.

Attachments

• IMG_2509_1.JPG
    IMG_2509_1.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2510_1.JPG
    IMG_2510_1.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2511_1.JPG
    IMG_2511_1.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 101
Anybody know what application that decal come from? Is it OEM on Regals or TTA's? My car had 22K and a replacement coil pack when I bought it, so I don't know for sure. However, it looks like the coil pack decal sitting on my mother in law's 3.8 Vin 3 Cutlass that hasn't run in years.

The coil pack I got from there a few years ago did not look anything like that! Send them an email with those pictures or refer them to this post.

Pronto said:
The coil pack I got from there a few years ago did not look anything like that! Send them an email with those pictures or refer them to this post.

I sent them some higher resolutions images than I can post here. Hopefully, I'll get a response in the morning.

I bought a few coil packs from them about 2 years ago, they were brand new and made by Magnavox, they were not NOS units. Kirban even explained himself they were new units made by magnavox which was the original maker of the coils for our cars...thats what I was told by them. BTW, the coil packs have worked flawlessly for 2 years now.
That one in the pics I would not have paid more than $25 for even if it passed the Caspers coil pack tester.

I guess the dealer that supplies Kirban's doesn't check their returns very well, and this coil pack got slid back onto the shelf. Like I mentioned at first, Kirban's was trying to explain a dirty looking 20 year old NOS part which I could understand, but they weren't even prepared for the pictures I sent them.

We don't carry units like the one you sent the picture of so we don't understand how you got it but if you want to return it we will send it back to our dealer and get you and exchange. Please write in large numbers RA#### on the outside of the box so that it goes to our returns deparment. I apologize for the mix up here, we really have no understanding as to how you were sent the unit you received. Thank you.

Sincerely,
sales@kirbanperformance.com

So, I guess I won't be at the track for a couple of weeks, but at least they are taking care of the problem!

I just ordered a ton of stuff from them.
Glad to hear they are so customer service oriented... :)

This is from my order confirmation email....
Please Note-The Sway Bar will be coming in a gold color. It is the EXACT same part as the black one we offer it just needs to be painted. Our supplier is now sending them to us this way and we wanted to give you the heads up.

So I'm hopful there will be no other surprises...

Hi,
I thought Mr. Kirban was a pretty upstanding member of the Turbo Buick club. Hell, I still think so. I have bought stuff from him, never had a problem.
I wouldn't mess around. Find your local AC Delco distributor, belly up to the bar, and pay the 90 or so dollars for the real McCoy. Get a refund from Kirban;he's always good about that. This is my thinking, good luck!

Back