You can type here any text you want

Kirban's rear brake shoes....good for street use???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

spoolinV6

I got stock cylinders on the car and need some new shoes for the rear. I drive mostly street but every once in a while go up to the track. I've heard that the Kirban shoes have a tendency to lock up for street driving?? For the street use that i do, will the Kirban's work alright or should i just stick with the large/small shoe setup at autozone...

Personally I think properly adjusted stock rear brakes are good enough for a street car. With a good brake system you will be able to hold boost at the track regardless of cheating with bigger shoes or upgraded wheel cylinders.

Holding a few extra PSI at the track isn't worth locking up the rears during a panic stop on the street.

On a pure track car I would mess with the rears without worry of executing panic stops.

stick with the small large shoes ,,,,i have lost control more than once in foul weather with big cyls and 2 large shoes ...i took off the large shoes and still have to be very careful in the rain.....

Back