You can type here any text you want

Knock under boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ive been wondering why do I have an adjustable fpr if its suppose to be set at 43 with the line off and 38 with the line on and that's it. thanks a bunch I think ill try adding fuel through the fpr.... I didn't even think of this, thanks.
Those are a starting point . Same as base timing. Different cars might like different settings. It is up to you to find out if that is the case for your car and what those new numbers are. Most call it tuning. Same as twisting the screwdriver on a carb and goofing with a timing light, just done with a laptop.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

You can increase the WOT knob in the Translator to richen it up in that boost range. But also confirm fuel pressure is rising correctly with boost.

If none of that helps, then decrease timing in the chip a couple degrees.

Those are a starting point . Same as base timing. Different cars might like different settings. It is up to you to find out if that is the case for your car and what those new numbers are. Most call it tuning. Same as twisting the screwdriver on a carb and goofing with a timing light, just done with a laptop.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
Thanks I kinda figured that, I was just unsure, but you put it in simple terms for me thanks for the input

Hows your car coming?
I haven't had a chance to do anything yet, my wife is 4 months pregnant and becoming very needy at the moment hopefully I get a chance this weekend to do some tinkering. How about you and the hvac lines? Did You get it figured out?

I haven't had a chance to do anything yet, my wife is 4 months pregnant and becoming very needy at the moment hopefully I get a chance this weekend to do some tinkering. How about you and the hvac lines? Did You get it figured out?
I thought I would get a chance to do some troubleshooting today but I haven't made it home yet, I'm at Walmart with my old lady right now, she wanted a new laptop :mad::mad: could've just ordered my power logger

Not yet, im debating hooking up a long vacuum line to it and tieing it out of the way, installing the turbo and then figure out the vacuum line later.

Im waiting on getting my manifolds welded so i can out everything together.

Real quick. I had similiar KR which forced me to go intercooled because it was just too much a PIA to see the KR and worry about it all the time. First get teh 02 up to low 800s. Next get your timing that is adjustable in your chip to 13*, I believe its set by using the block learn and intergrator to 98 versus 128. If it goes away...good. It should go away. You need to have alky if not already

Real quick. I had similiar KR which forced me to go intercooled because it was just too much a PIA to see the KR and worry about it all the time. First get teh 02 up to low 800s. Next get your timing that is adjustable in your chip to 13*, I believe its set by using the block learn and intergrator to 98 versus 128. If it goes away...good. It should go away. You need to have alky if not already
Thanks, I'm gonna try that first I'm just getting home and I was gonna add fuel at the rail but I was also thinking like you said, Eric even said adjust the timing

let us know. If it goes away you can get a benchmark to move from without having to worry about doing damage while testing. One wise man always said... "do one thing at a time, record the results." So... more fuel first. Record results. If better, worse, etc..... what you just did made the effect. If you do more than one thing you will scratch your head. Then take timing away. Record the results. Look at KR at different times of the day, night and during the heat of day. This will tell you what the air temps are doing to the KR as well. With a hot air, your ambient will change your tune all the time.

Added FP at the rail and it ran better after that I messed around with the translator set it at 10%rich wot... It ran better less knock and I was able to lay into it a bit....
-1• timing and it ran like :poop: . It got late, hopefully I get a chance to work on it tomorrow. :writer: :bookworm::writer: I'll keep everyone updated with results

I don't know if I missed it but was base timing verified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here are my results... I added fuel at the fpr it ran better less KR.... I then set the translator at 10% richer wot this also helped lower KR. Then I set the subtracted 5• from the timing it was slower of the line but wot showed less KR.... I noticed when the car heats up it runs at 190-203 coolant temp, then it starts to idle kinda weird, the motor shakes when I come to a stop. Not sure why yet but I'm still learning the car so I will have more results hopefully tomorrow

I also noticed I can't hear any pinging until I'm like at 10+psi boost the KR shows 14• other than that it runs ok but ok isn't good enough I want to be able to lay into it burn a typical 5.0 or camaro without the worry of blowing a head gasket

I'm starting to think it might be a faulty ignition module or coil pack. It's just weird that when it warms up it idles kinda crappy but runs ok

No. Check stickies for directions on timing verification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The timing was set 25 ATDC months ago I'm starting to think its the coil and module it runs great before it warms up very lil knock if any guy as soon as it's at running temp the idle goes all to hell at stop lights it begins to shake, kinda embarrassing then the knock starts and it shifts like it has a 2800 stall in it. But anyway i set the translator at 0 for ls1 and up the FP at the rail, it ran great until it warmed up??????

I'm still waiting for you to verify fuel pressure is rising 1 for 1 with boost.

Back