You can type here any text you want

Knock under boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I've been having similar problems for months. The car knocks under boost (anything upwards of 8 lbs). It is also a bit stumbley and rough. Where in nor cal are you?

I've been having similar problems for months. The car knocks under boost (anything upwards of 8 lbs). It is also a bit stumbley and rough. Where in nor cal are you?
What do you have for fuel pressure? Plugs new? Wires ohm good? Pressure rising with boost? New fuel filter? Coils on pack ohm good?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

I'm in American canyon it's a small town between Fairfield and Vallejo I'm driving the car today to take some notes as to how it runs. Are you in California also?

It should be 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've read somewhere that it was 25, is that for the IC cars or what? I took the car out and it runs crappy when it warms up, bad idle, motor starts to shake and its temp is about 200• while running

I've read somewhere that it was 25, is that for the IC cars or what? I took the car out and it runs crappy when it warms up, bad idle, motor starts to shake and its temp is about 200• while running
I'm not sure about 84-85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suggest you start your own thread. There are 2 different model yrs being mixed onto this thread...

Ok so here are some scan tool #s the O2 seems to be low at idle 103-148
Af 06
L8 35
Int 128
Bl 142
Clt 132
Rpm 1000
Tps .46
Iac 05
Cc 66-136
That's cold start pretty much
Once it's warm
O2 97-152
Af 06
Int 128
Bl 142
Clt 187
Rpm 1000
Tps .46
Iac 0
Cc steady at 140
These #s are at idle in park, The engine is shaking cold and warm idk what's going on I moved on to the suspension because of the frustration

I'm so pissed with this I'm thinking about pulling more than my hair...... Someone help please

Ok so here are some scan tool #s the O2 seems to be low at idle 103-148
Af 06
L8 35
Int 128
Bl 142
Clt 132
Rpm 1000
Tps .46
Iac 05
Cc 66-136
That's cold start pretty much
Once it's warm
O2 97-152
Af 06
Int 128
Bl 142
Clt 187
Rpm 1000
Tps .46
Iac 0
Cc steady at 140
These #s are at idle in park, The engine is shaking cold and warm idk what's going on I moved on to the suspension because of the frustration

IAC at 0 could = a vac leak. It can also account for the hi idle.
H2O temp is higher than I'd expect w/ a 160 stat.
BL at 142 = adding fuel.

Tps at idle might be a little high.

Make sure its set correct for idle and wot.

Youre idle is also high

I'm still chasing this gremlin just pulled the #2 plug it's a denso....:eek: I never put densos in my car so I pulled #1 and it was the same ac plug I installed. My car was in a local shop a couple months back they told me the #2 injector wasn't firing I got it back checked the injector harness it was faulty:banghead: I changed it out it ran better but still I could here the pinging under boost and the engine shakes at idle and when coming to a stop. I know this is part of the problem let's hope it's the only issue

Knock is gone after finding a vac leak at the pcv for some reason I have a t hooked up there hard to see I stumbled across this looking for a hissing sound that was abnormal and kinda hard to hear with all the air passing through the cold air tube. I capped it off and the rough idle and low o2s were gone then I drove it and really got on it and no KR whatsoever. Thanks for all the help guys, problem solved for now

Back