You can type here any text you want

Knock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

macatoni

Buick Powered
The car is knocking at full throttle with the boost down at like 16psi. The scan master said as much as 2.0degrees of knock retard. Where should i start from here. I need to tune the car desperatly.... Part throttle its great, no hesitation or pinging and she pulls hard. Little bit of smoke out the tailpipes when i get on it and it pings but part throttle and cruising no smoke. Also none at startup....

Any input appreciated,
David

What octane? 91?

May not be enough.

Whats your BL number at idle? What chip is in the car? What injectors? What is your fuel pressure set at? When you go WOT, what does the TPS read?

Need DATA ;)

Is it on the shift point? Or is this in 3rd gear WOT? Need more info like MR. 10 sec asked:D

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Is it on the shift point? Or is this in 3rd gear WOT? Need more info like MR. 10 sec asked:D

That has a nice twang to it ;)

:D

The BL jump around at different times. Sometimes it is between 114-128 sometimes its at 128 exactly and then when im on it, it usaully jumps up to the thirtys.
91 octane 76gas. Fuel preasure at idle is a little under 40 and then it climbs up to like 60 when i get on it. It blew smoke on the 2nd gear run but it will ping no matter what gear im in. My tps is at .40 and then it goes to 4.25 so i dont think it is registering WOT right?

I never set my IAC and TPS should that be the first thing i do. I have an adjustable FPR so should i turn up the gas?

David

First thing get MORE octane or an alky kit from MR 10 Seconds himself.:D

Oh i know i need some alcohol but i want to see if i can do anything about it in the meantime....

Now its bad. Went on a run heard some snap crackle and pops and the scan master said 8.6 degrees of retard!!!! There has to be somthing i can do....
David

Did you recently change MAF sensors?

Check for oil in up pipe.

Varify chip for timing.

Make sure all injectors are firing.

Try that.

Bo

First... drop boost. To like 13 PSI.

Next adjust TPS so it reads past 4.5 at WOT.

Fuel pressure is to be measured with the vacuum line off of the regulator. IE, "line off".

And the O2 readings on the scanmaster keep them in the lower 800's at WOT.

Fuel pressure is chip dependant. You never said what chip is in the car, what timing it has.

Keep that knock up.. the "Change Engine" lite will illuminate.

Bo and Razor,,,you guys are great. Always happy to help us green thumbs. Thanks in advance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ty

If it says DELCO it is stock. If it is aftermarket, it will have some writing or sticker.

There is a fuel preasure gauge mounted under the cowl hood facing the drivers seat. It says 37-39psi with the vaccum house on the regulator, without it the gauge says 45-7psi.
The BL after a long drive at idle was 121, the INT was bouncing between 123-131. The BL usaully drops at part throttle with the turbo spools but when i get on it hard it goes up to the 140's....

Car also has a real rough idle, feels like its missing at idle but driving has no misses or hesitations. I feel like a fool but off subject (or vary well might be on subject) how do i test to see if all injectors are firing?

David

Im off to go adjust the TPS according to gnttype....

I havent done anything yet just waiting on a response. Should i lower fuel preasure? How do i check the injectors? Novice in need of direction....

Ok, Make sure maf is a GM unit( it will have a sticker underneath where the plug is) or a correct reman calibration code will be 603... Or replace with known good one.

Check the turbo compressor side for oil then IC and following the TB blade for any substantial resedue.

Get a noid light from autozone $10 and verify the injectors are getting power to each one.

Pull all plugs and you will know if you have a lean/rich condition. Plugs should look like the color of a paper sack.Power plate???
If not ,rear two plugs will look lighter than the other four.

Spare chip??? Thrasher is a good start. $27 shipped.

Get a Denso 02 sensor and be done replacing those things. Should be a dealer near you.$28

Check all vacuum lines by putting two pieces of duct tape together (sticky on sticky) and putting it between the TB and vacuum block. bolt it back down ( this will varify leaks)and see what numbers read on SM.

I am guessing this will be the maf or something easy as chip.

Put 5 gal. Xylene in tank with 3oz of marvil mystery oil on top of 10 gal of 93 and see if the KR go's away.

Let us know.

Bo

Back