KTF What's it out of?

terrible-T

I have a 200R4 006-872KTF1354What car would this have come out of?Also, I dont want to Beef it up I just want a FIRM shift. What,if any, shift improvment kit do you recommend? Thanks in advance :)

Unit is:

terrible-T said:
I have a 200R4 006-872KTF1354What car would this have come out of?Also, I dont want to Beef it up I just want a FIRM shift. What,if any, shift improvment kit do you recommend? Thanks in advance :)

1987 Chevy Caprice, 305 engine, That is what I can tell ya right now. Tommorrow at work I will hit this again with a full description.

One of our kits would work just fine and just about anybodys kit would work.
PTS Xtreme's kit is easily installed and reversable if wanted for any reason.
http://www.ptsxtreme.com/mcartfree/product.asp?intProdID=88

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

OK here we go.

terrible-T said:

Well from what I see, I would bet it is a SRTA trans, (rebuilt by GM) .
But it came out of an 87 Olds, possibly a delta 88 or of the like, 307Y engine with a 2.93 rear gear ratio. Also it was built on the 2nd shift. But the first numbers 006 with a U in front of it , seeems to be a SRTA trans. Ck tag again , and I may be wrong, but that is the closest I can come. this info I know but the oo6 thing has me puzzled. Is the tag GREEN in color and is it on the back of the trans or on the side?

Bruce
We4
www.PTSXTREME.com

when hunting for a recalibration kit see customer feedback on my site.our kit is the most complete as well as efficient.

Still not shure what it is?

WE4, the tag is yellow and is in the back of the trans.
I checked the # again it is 006-872KTF1354. Thanks fof any help.

Well then..

terrible-T said:
WE4, the tag is yellow and is in the back of the trans.
I checked the # again it is 006-872KTF1354. Thanks fof any help.

Looks like you got a SRTA unit for a delta 88. Best I can figure. Let me know if I can be any more help.

Bruce
WE4
:wink:

the 87 ktf olds v8 valve body and governor is defiantely not anything that should be used for a performance apllication however the rest of the trans should have all the late updates in it.just get a good valve body and governor assembly from ho ss monte or gn and your ok.