Laptop saying ECU not found....

THE BLACK MAMBA

I have a Classic fast and my car will not start ... when turning the ignition on the fuel pump primes and my fans turn on but my car wont start....I hooked up the laptop hoping to find out whats going on but it says ECU not found.....With the ignition on the standby light, 12v and 5v light are on...for some reason i thought the standby light stayed on even with the ignition off....idk

check your device manager and see what port the computer assigned the usb (prolific) cable
if its anything other than port 1 ,2 ,3 or 4 youll need to reassign it under properties
once you have the usb on a good port go to the c-com program and under < communication > < setup> and select the port that the usb cable is on

whats set on 1? the usb port , or the ecu communication port
are you using a usb adapter on the com cable or is this an ancient laptop

is the orange wire connected at the battery, i assume it is since you have prime , but not sure how caspers box handles the interface, the precision harness for classic doesnt need the orange wire

I found it...it was the orange wire from the battery....the fuseable link had a short in it, so i just removed the link... then it fired right up...thanks for your help