LATER GM ADD ON OPTIONS

Dennis Kirban

It recently occurred to me that this topic would make a nice thread and show newer Turbo owners that vast number of later GM gadgets, options, features etc can easily be fitted to our cars. Only post ones that are used on another GM vehicle not aftermarket.

I will list a few so you get the idea you don't have to tell what model car or truck it comes from if you don't want to or simply don't know. Lets see how many we can get listed. Again only list ones that never ever came on our cars originally from GM.

Here goes:

Few obvious ones:

The low fuel option esy plug and play from a Riviera

The larger hollow front sway bar

Later GM glossy face CD player use factory brackets and jumper plug.

The diagnostic cover gizmo from a Corvette snaps over plug under your dash.

From certain model Grand Prix the stainless trim on the gas pedal and brake pedal.

To compliment that combo out of most Caddys the trim around the emergency brake pad completes tthe kit. Weird you have to seek out both cars to make a set.

The later model GM lower steering shaft eliminates the fiber-like rag joint for good.

Flip down stay down license plate holder

Lited rear view mirror

The Monte Carlo front frame braces ones that attach under front end. We now get them made as we and others have exhausted GMs supply of them.

Concludes the extent of my knowledge at the moment. What GM late features can you add to the list?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The little air vents in a Rivera in the dash are Chrome an interchangeable.

The little air vents in a Rivera in the dash are Chrome an interchangeable.

I did not know that you probably mean the big size Rivs rite like 84 vintage...?

Rivs would be more upscale

Ashame Buick banked heavy on the 1988 Reatta being a classy new car after having much success with the Turbo Buick notably the Grand National.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I will have to seek them out in the yards...sometimes its hard to remember everything when I am in these huge yards as to what to look for.

I have gotten aluminum sleeves from GM engines to go over the spark plug boots since my driver header came off a FWD and had no shields. Maybe the FWD driver header is another add-on part also?

Roadmaster armrest to replace the Regal console lid.

P1100679_zpscc43bc48.jpg

Storage compartment under lid.

P1100680_zps16d0f6b9.jpg

Cupholders, spare change and more storage.

P1100678_zps1cfe46fb.jpg

P1100682_zpsa2d19a04.jpg

I used the factory Roadmaster hinge mount and attached it to some fabricated brackets that go inside the GN storage area and attach to the two rear console mount screws.

P1100686_zps68bc123b.jpg

It hinges back to provide access to the original console storage.

P1100683_zpsd1889195.jpg

Here is another one that to my knowledge I discovered and used to sell.....when we made our fiberglass hood I was looking for a factory look item that would vent the heat from under the hood. About the same vintage year Firebird trans am had a set of narrow plastic pop in vents back by the firewall it was those that we used to sell. Most famous car that used them was Conleys Tweaked....the vents even show up on the 1:18 scale GMP diecast.

true story

vents are no longer available from GM and the few I have seen in the junk yards they are always missing!!! I am sure GM had some sort of technical name for them.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

OK--Stop it!! Got enough to do keeping the bleeping b*tch running without combing the boneyards for all these damn add ons!

Roadmaster armrest to replace the Regal console lid.

P1100679_zpscc43bc48.jpg

Storage compartment under lid.

P1100680_zps16d0f6b9.jpg

Cupholders, spare change and more storage.

P1100678_zps1cfe46fb.jpg

P1100682_zpsa2d19a04.jpg

I used the factory Roadmaster hinge mount and attached it to some fabricated brackets that go inside the GN storage area and attach to the two rear console mount screws.

P1100686_zps68bc123b.jpg

It hinges back to provide access to the original console storage.

P1100683_zpsd1889195.jpg

I like that I assume you lucked out and it was grey already? I wil keep my "eye" open for them

denniskirban@yahoo.com

In a similar vain to my initial thread it seems strange that Buick had the better support bucket seats known as Lear Seiglar for the earlier Turbo Regals but for some reason at the last minute prior to 1986 production that "option" or feature was deleted and not offered.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I like that I assume you lucked out and it was grey already? I wil keep my "eye" open for them

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Yes, it was a close match to right out of the Roady. Last year I freshened it up with some GN matching dye. My first GN I was running a grey cloth Roady armrest. I used to pull them whenever I found them as the other colors like blue and maroon work well in T's.

Yes, it was a close match to right out of the Roady. Last year I freshened it up with some GN matching dye. My first GN I was running a grey cloth Roady armrest. I used to pull them whenever I found them as the other colors like blue and maroon work well in T's.

refresh my memory roadmasters are they station wagons or sedans?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here is another one that to my knowledge I discovered and used to sell.....when we made our fiberglass hood I was looking for a factory look item that would vent the heat from under the hood. About the same vintage year Firebird trans am had a set of narrow plastic pop in vents back by the firewall it was those that we used to sell. Most famous car that used them was Conleys Tweaked....the vents even show up on the 1:18 scale GMP diecast.

true story

vents are no longer available from GM and the few I have seen in the junk yards they are always missing!!! I am sure GM had some sort of technical name for them.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
I was thinking about the 81 Z-28 hood vents that would open when the pedal was to the floor. I was going to put them on the back of the bulge and have them open when the fan turns on.

This is a great thread.

If possible, pictures of said add ons would be great.

I love this stuff!

D

Yes, pictures would help us who are not familiar with mention items.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app