LATER GM ADD ON OPTIONS

Are there any bolt on factory GM brake upgrades? Like bigger calipers, rotors, etc?

Are there any bolt on factory GM brake upgrades? Like bigger calipers, rotors, etc?
Check the suspension and brake section once in a while. The Blazer brake upgrade is fairly inexpensive and is a direct bolt on with nothing more than an alignment when you're done.;)

Thanks, I should have stated that I have done the S-10 wheel cyl. and bigger shoes.
I have been on the brake section and have not seen any factory GM disk or caliper upgrades. I will look for the front Blazer mod.
Thanks

Its unfortunate that the fastest US production car in 1987 was fitted with the same brake set up as a regular Mom and Pop production car. Today this would have been an area that would have been addressed!

Slightly off my topic one cheap upgrade to improve your brakes is to replace the rubber brake hose going to both from calipers and the jumper rubber hose over the rear. Go with any flexible stainless replacement and it will eliminate that swelling that occurs when you apply the brakes giving faster reaction to brakes.

Curious as to what Blazer years and what size difference is over our rotor set up.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Look
Thanks, I should have stated that I have done the S-10 wheel cyl. and bigger shoes.
I have been on the brake section and have not seen any factory GM disk or caliper upgrades. I will look for the front Blazer mod.
Thanks
at the stickies. It's the brake and suspension upgrade sticky.;)

Curious as to what Blazer years and what size difference is over our rotor set up.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
98 up 4 door 2WD had a dual piston caliper and a 10.7" rotor, but uses a unpackable hub assembly Dennis. I'm working on a simple bracket that will use a B body single piston caliper and an F body 12" rotor so you get the same as the B body knuckle but no issues with more bump steer or or after market upper arms.:D

Last edited:
Thanks, and yes, you would think that this car would have been deserving of much better brakes than a generic mom and pop cruiser.
Now the brake topic in this thread too. :)

Its unfortunate that the fastest US production car in 1987 was fitted with the same brake set up as a regular Mom and Pop production car. Today this would have been an area that would have been addressed!

Slightly off my topic one cheap upgrade to improve your brakes is to replace the rubber brake hose going to both from calipers and the jumper rubber hose over the rear. Go with any flexible stainless replacement and it will eliminate that swelling that occurs when you apply the brakes giving faster reaction to brakes.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

This is a good upgrade that I got from Kirbans. Thanks Dennis

I purchased the single best upgrade for my car from Kirban years ago. He no longer carries it. Well maybe the TR6 from Bailey has superceded it. It was the fiberglass panel under the dash. I sold it with the T that it was on. Should have kept it!

98 up 4 door 2WD had a dual piston caliper and a 10.7" rotor, but uses a unpackable hub assembly Dennis. I'm working on a simple bracket that will use a B body single piston caliper and an F body 12" rotor so you get the same as the B body knuckle but no issues with more bump steer or or after market upper arms.:D

Would modifications like this still be able to use the factory 15 by 7 wheels are only if the owner steps up to 16 inch?

You make a sample bracket we could get it made if it would work.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here is another add on not a GM add on but one I have heard before regarding dual electric fans as a nice upgrade over the single electric fan. The 1998-2004 Dodge IIntrepid

Perhaps other dual fan seps work as well

Would modifications like this still be able to use the factory 15 by 7 wheels are only if the owner steps up to 16 inch?

You make a sample bracket we could get it made if it would work.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Just going with the blazer parts it will fit in a stock wheel. Going with a 12" rotor and B body calipers will need 16's but I'm doing 1 set for G body calipers to see if they'll work with 15" wheels. I have a feeling it won't but it's worth a shot.;) I've got a few preliminary pics I can send you if you want to see what things look like Dennis.:cool:

Just going with the blazer parts it will fit in a stock wheel. Going with a 12" rotor and B body calipers will need 16's but I'm doing 1 set for G body calipers to see if they'll work with 15" wheels. I have a feeling it won't but it's worth a shot.;) I've got a few preliminary pics I can send you if you want to see what things look like Dennis.:cool:

When you say Blazer do you mean the 2 door full size or the small body S 10 style ones and I assume you mean 2 wheel drive? I had one of the rare large 2 door sport blazers.

What rotor size are they? everything interchangeable form them. We sell the Baer Brake set up issue is its pretty costly now but includes a arm etc...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Just figuring out this hydroboost formats is a nite mare...

Sending you a PM Dennis. It's a long thread and doesn't include the 12" rotor info but I'll send that later.;)

Let's see here. GNX or Gran Prix body bushings, jounce bars off a G body Cutlass Supreme, frame lower connecting bar of a G body Grand Prix, radiator support to front fender bars of a G body Grand Prix, Aluminum bumper brackets off of a V8 Regal, aluminum radiator support, Grand Prix rear frame brace, S10 rear wheel cylinders, '84-'85 TR Hydroboost brake booster and master, 2nd gen 2WD S10 front spindles with bigger rotors and 2 piston calipers, front Pontiac 3rd gen trans am wheels, S10 4WD 2DR rear swaybar that can be mocked up as a pro touring rear bar, 34-36mm IROC front swaybar, 3rd gen F body aluminum radiator, you can get spare ignition modules and coils off of other 3.8 cars from the era, conversion to 2nd gen 3.8 ignition coils, 3 bar MAP from a Sy / Ty, 145mph speedo from a Rivi??, I've seen 4th gen F body seats swapped in, new GTO interior swapped in. That's all that comes to mind.

Guys I found a thread on another gbody site that uses a GM keyless entry module from a newer car. You take just the module and fobs and wire it up near the lock relays and you have junkyard keyless entry. Plan to try this on skidmark and do a TR specific how to when I get it done.

Guys I found a thread on another gbody site that uses a GM keyless entry module from a newer car. You take just the module and fobs and wire it up near the lock relays and you have junkyard keyless entry. Plan to try this on skidmark and do a TR specific how to when I get it done.

Sweet!