latest dyno!!?!?!? WHATS MY NEXT MOD

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
with my car as it sits in the mostly stock form. i put down 395 hp and 404 tq on a dynojet with max power right at the 5300 redline... i was on about 18 lbs of boost and im running 93 octane on this 92 degree day.

my mods are as follows

ta-66 (too big) .63 back side
pte front mount
57 lbs injectors
160 thermostat (that opens whenever it F#%king wants to)
atr driver side header and stock pass side (minus external WG)
thdp 3"
tial external wg 44mm
rjc powerplate
218-218 cam (i think)
dead stock valvetrain other than cam
dead stock heads (minus valve springs)
dead stock intake manifold
dead stock upper and TB
short block is unknown,(id guess a rebuild with .030 overs thats it)

so my question is whats next?? ive got a super large intercooler that im gonna be finishing up with in the next week or so, but i dont think thats the weak link in my engine.

at this point im most inclined to go after a set of 1.55 to 1.60 adjustable rockers just to get more airflow past the stock valves and hopefully get a little higher lift. cause at this point the motor sounds like a "valvetrain sewing machine" so i know the stamped rockers arnt cutting it for accurate valve lift and duration.

ohh buick gods, show me the way of righteousness and "whoop ass" lol.

how about alky? that way you can turn the boost/timing up and get more power as well as cool the intake charge. should be able to put that turbo in the sweet spot. also the TA66 isnt to big. its something you can grow into.

what are you tunning with? what chip?
After that i would say a set of heads will wake that car up.

im tuning it with a bs3. the most power has been made with 20 degrees of timing and a 11.1 afr. no knock. the stock heads are whats making this rich afr happen, if i lean it out ill loose power.

if at all possible id like to keep the car from requiring another "bottle to fill"

how about alky? that way you can turn the boost/timing up and get more power as well as cool the intake charge. should be able to put that turbo in the sweet spot. also the TA66 isnt to big. its something you can grow into.

what are you tunning with? what chip?
After that i would say a set of heads will wake that car up.

X2

ta-66 (NOTtoo big) .63 back side
pte front mount
57 lbs injector
160 thermostat (opens whenever it F#%king wants to) replace it there cheap
atr driver side header and stock pass side (minus external WG)
thdp 3"
tial external wg 44mm
rjc powerplate
218-218 cam (i think)
dead stock valvetrain other than cam
dead stock heads (minus valve springs)
dead stock intake manifold
dead stock upper and TB
short block is unknown,(id guess a rebuild with .030 overs thats it)

the problem your gonna run into is you have all the go fast parts, which will out flow your heads, get alky turn up boost and add timing :biggrin:

I'd throw on some Champion irons and it'll make lots more power at the same boost level.

i would do springs and rockers next. You don't know if you are getting all the flow with the stock stuff.

i think if the redline was 5300 i would say the cam is a little smaller than a 218. My opinion. Good Numbers

So what next mod did u decide on? I'd go with Alky

Also, isn't it possible that it is still that big of a cam and the reason y it only pulls to 5300 is Bc of the untouched heads?

i think if the redline was 5300 i would say the cam is a little smaller than a 218. My opinion. Good Numbers

i would totally agree with you but i dont know what the "true redline" of this motor is, i have no idea what its capable of as i bought the car on ebay for dirt cheap so i set the redline to a safe 5300.... as far as power is concerned my dyno showes peak power at redline with no real leveling off of power when the hard cut hits, so that been said the cam might be accurate and if i raise the redline i expect to gain alot more power,

So what next mod did u decide on? I'd go with Alky

Also, isn't it possible that it is still that big of a cam and the reason y it only pulls to 5300 is Bc of the untouched heads?

im actually gonna go with a billet BB turbo probably to match the tight stall of my converter. ya know make more "useable" power.. i have a set of ported big valve heads and a portmatched intake on the shelf that will prolly go on after that