You can type here any text you want

LC-1 Where To Install Bung

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
ok i have been doing alot of reading and im still kinda lost on this one. i know you dont want to install the WB sensors to close to the turbo due to heat issues so my question is how far back is to far. Im thinking on my car im going to install it at the very end of the dp right before where the test pipe slides on. I think thats a good spot what do you think? also my brothers car is a low mileage car and we dont want to put it in the dp would it be ok to install it in the test pipe. im sure it will be fine just want to hear your thoughts. Also will the sensor start reading a different value the furthere you have it back. i wouldnt think it would change unless you have exhaust leaks between the turbo and where the WB is put.

Boost231

I run a MaftPro w/LC-1
I located mine right before the Y in the dump pipe

From what I've heard it needs to be @ least 18" down from the turbo due to heat

I chose mine @ the dump due to cosmetics-I didn't like it sticking out of my downpipe in the engine compartment

Just remember when one goes to get their car dyno w/wideband-they stick the WB inside @ the end of the tailpipe

just my 2 cents
FRED

I run a MaftPro w/LC-1
I located mine right before the Y in the dump pipe

From what I've heard it needs to be @ least 18" down from the turbo due to heat

I chose mine @ the dump due to cosmetics-I didn't like it sticking out of my downpipe in the engine compartment

Just remember when one goes to get their car dyno w/wideband-they stick the WB inside @ the end of the tailpipe

just my 2 cents
FRED

Don't you worry about it being down there in such a harsh environement? Especially if you get caught out in the rain?

sounds good. like i said i didnt think it really mattered how far down stream it was i know the do stick the prob in the tail pipes and the do the same on my turbo 600. just figured i would ask.

Gotta beware of "incidental air" [leaks] found at pipe joints, such as slip ons, etc. That WILL mess with the accuracy of the readings...

I had mine about 8 inches from the first bend after the turbo. Given that I have a few problems with my car and me, the prob got ever heated and threw a fault code. I pulled the DP and having a new bung welded about 4 inches before the last bend in the DP.

Gotta beware of "incidental air" [leaks] found at pipe joints, such as slip ons, etc. That WILL mess with the accuracy of the readings...

i figured that would be the only thing to effect readings. thanks chuck

I had mine mounted 18" downstream of the turbo in the downpipe (right under the heater/ac box in the 12 oclock position. Ran it like that for 6 months, no problems. Then I changed combos.

good to hear. i dont run a band clamp down there where the test pipe meets the dp. i dont see any need. mine leaks very little in that area without a clamp.

near the bottom of the downpipe is the best place. Close to the turbo will have too much heat

thanks mike. i know these sensors hate heat. thanks for everyones help

I mounted mine just before the final bend that goes to the test/dump pipe. That gives it plenty of distance from the turbo and keeps it away from the slip on joint.

Back