LED Parking light bulbs???

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
I'm looking into getting some LED parking light bulbs (2057ka Amber ones for clear lenses) main reason is so they are brighter. I've heard stories about electrical problems when installing LED Lights into older cars, If I just do the Fronts will it be ok? Or If I do the front and rear would it be worse? If anyone has any sources to find these bulbs and possibly the different flashers that will work correctly please let me know. I've searched the board and didnt find too much on this subject. Thanks!!!!

LED conversion

I converted almost all my incandescent lamps to LEDs a couple years ago. I just use the same flasher used for those who pull camper trailers with their cars. Those flashers maintain the same flash rate regardless of load. Less heat less current draw on the alternator I recommend it.
Purchased mine from Superbrite LEDs or try this one DIY 25 SMT LED BULB V-LEDS.COM

HTH
Peter

I replaced all my regular bulbs with the LED bulbs and put a new flasher in as well. My turn signals are still not working. They just stay lit and when I turn on the turn signal. the front side marker light (194) goes out... what gives?

Help!

Chris

Flashers for LEDs

What type flasher did you replace the old one with? If it isn't the right flasher the current draw isn't great enough to make the flasher switch off and on.

I put in a electronic flasher that you use for trailer lights. It was a variable load type...

well, the other day I placed an order at CRE Loaded 6 - V-LEDS.COM it cost me $106 to my door for all the front parking lights, and all the rear tail lights, ( 1156, 2057,amber and clear, 194's ) and the right electronic flasher. these bulb have 20 some LED's all over the bulb, on the face and surronding it. I really hope I dont have any problems w/ the flashing crap. I will post a follow up as soon as I install them. I think it will look awesome if all goes well.

No flash LED's

Well Chris is sounds like you have all the right parts installed and now they don't flash so I suggest its time to trouble shoot the system.
First of all did the signal lights, tail lights and brake lights work previous to your conversion?
If yes then try removing all but one light and see if that works then add another etc. until you track down the one socket that might be the problem.
Do the fourways work?
Do the brake lights work?
If yes then you know the electrical to all the lamps that flash is correct although there might be a ground problem that the four way provides that the one side flash does not. I've been up that road myself on conventional signals.

Were the sockets and contacts clean on all the 1157 sockets?
Keep us posted I'd like to see you get this issue resolved.
Peter

Update, They Work!

All LED lights are in and working!! I installed the electronic flasher they sent me and the LED's flash fine. Lights are very bright but the stock housings really cut them down. Back up lights are much brighter. Tails and front parking lights are about the same, but now they flash instantly, no dimming crap. And no heat and hardly any current draw. Very happy w/ everything.

Esasky's85GN, you may want to try rotating the bulb in the socket, I found that if you put the bulb in the wrong way it will light up, but not flash. I also cleaned the sockets and applied dielectric grease to the new bulbs, should last as long if not longer than the car.

If you guys have any questions let me know, this is somthing i've wanted to do for a while but never found much on the topic for our cars, pretty neat for $106 to my door for everything.

this is somthing i've wanted to do for a while but never found much on the topic for our cars, pretty neat for $106 to my door for everything.

Do they have a fix for our suckass dimwitt dash lights ??:rolleyes:

I will have some pics by next week, I've tried posting pics in the past but my camera takes too big of pictres, if any of you guys have a fix for that let me know, kinda busy this weekend. Check out their website they have almost any bulb you can imagine in a LED. Like I said, they work perfect, I just wish they would have been a little brighter, but thats due to the fact that most of the LEDS are facing straight out and not into the reflectors, but....if you look straight into them they are blinding. they make different stlye bulbs but they cost more and I'm not sure if they will fit the stock housings, like the ones I ordered. Heres what I got, I got amber lights because I have clear front turn signal lenses, otheriwse you would want the White ones:

Products
3 x 2 HID WHITE 4 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 $14.97
1 x 2 WHITE SUPER REFRACTOR 24 LED LIGHT BULBS 1156 $16.99
1 x 2 PIN ELECTRONIC FLASHER AMERICAN $16.59
2 x 2 AMBER SUPER REFRACTOR 24 LED LIGHT BULBS 1157 2057 $23.98
2 x 2 WHITE SUPER REFRACTOR 24 LED BULBS 1157 2057 $33.98

I messed up and ordered 2 extra 2057 Ambers, and not the 2 amber 194's for the front as I should have, but I will do that next week.

Will have pics next week, I know what it's like hearing about but not seeing it.:smile:

Actually you want to match the color of the lens with the LED bulb. A red LED in the taillight will appear brighter than a White LED because the taillight lens will filter out the colors that are not red. So you would want Red for taillights, amber for front parking lights, and white for backup lights.

David

Pics are here!

Ok guys I figured out how to shrink my pics down, so heres a bunch of the LED lights and of the car, I'm going to get some different bulbs for the front to see if they will be even brighter yet, and I'm also doing the dome lights. my first time posting pics of the car, since I've been on this board, so check em out..

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 826
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 840
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 835
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 829
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 822
more pics

pics..

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 792
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 818
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 818
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 809
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 797
pics..

as you can see the backup lights are awesome, very bright, blueish/HID Look to them...other pics are just parking lights, brakes. you get the Idea.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 792
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 781
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 806
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 787
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 779
Actually you want to match the color of the lens with the LED bulb. A red LED in the taillight will appear brighter than a White LED because the taillight lens will filter out the colors that are not red. So you would want Red for taillights, amber for front parking lights, and white for backup lights.

David

Interesting. I would like to see some pics of some tailights with white LED's and with some red LED's.

as you can see the backup lights are awesome, very bright, blueish/HID Look to them...other pics are just parking lights, brakes. you get the Idea.

So how goes it? Everything still working good?

"Yedi", I think they look great!...however, for a few weeks, I've been reading that other post by "scot w" entitled "Full digital taillights for the GN/TR" ...and it makes me wonder if there's a big difference in the final result between theirs (which supposedly will have 128 led's) :eek: and the ones you installed?:confused:

Thanks,

Claude :smile: