LED Parking light bulbs???

jsta6

jsta6, perfect thread, thats about as easy as you can make it, I've had so many e-mails about what bulbs do I need, how many, what color? well done.

jsta6, perfect thread, thats about as easy as you can make it, I've had so many e-mails about what bulbs do I need, how many, what color? well done.

Thanks.

I read and read and read on the subject and I STILL ended up ordering a few wrong bubls. So, I wanted to post what I found out.

FYI, a few web sites suggested putting the same color LED in any particular lens, i.e. a red LED in a red lense. I put a white LED in my tailiight and it looks orange. The red LED works fine.

I got a problem with my dash lights.

"The best thing I did was to replace the dash lights with the T10 (194) WHITE LED’s. What a difference!"

Well, I can say that this was great at first. The lights were about 10,000 times better.

However, three of the bulbs just died on me in the past week. They are the 194 style with I think six LED's mounted on them. It looks like a few of the LED's are out, and the rest are flashing. :mad:

I did read on one site that the LED's don't stand up to well with the high heat on the inside of our cars.

Anyone else have this problem?

"The best thing I did was to replace the dash lights with the T10 (194) WHITE LED’s. What a difference!"

Well, I can say that this was great at first. The lights were about 10,000 times better.

However, three of the bulbs just died on me in the past week. They are the 194 style with I think six LED's mounted on them. It looks like a few of the LED's are out, and the rest are flashing. :mad:

I did read on one site that the LED's don't stand up to well with the high heat on the inside of our cars.

I don't think heat has anything to do with it. Those kind of bulbs don't have a great reputation of holding up very well. They are mainly due to how they are mass made, the quality isn't there and you are replacing the Incandesant bulb for a LED with no load changes so to pretty much sum it up for you, You have a cheaply mass made LED bulb with out changing the voltage load and in turn it's burning them out prematurely. In order to make LED's work PROPERLY you have to equalize out the voltage load!! Load equalizers, No-load flasher are things used to do just that.

Scot W.

I got the special flasher for my turn signals, and those are fine.

The problem I have is with the bulbs for my gauges...

i partially AGREE with Scot.... i would think the problem lies with the quality of the Bulb.... LEDs are durable and should be able to handle whatever "normal" heat is in the cabin area.... i dont agree with the need for a load equalizer on just a replacement for a dash light - where the load doesnt change like a turn signal - MY VOTE WOULD BE CHEAP BULB - try some of the better ones off of www.superbrightleds.com

i partially AGREE with Scot.... i would think the problem lies with the quality of the Bulb.... LEDs are durable and should be able to handle whatever "normal" heat is in the cabin area.... i dont agree with the need for a load equalizer on just a replacement for a dash light - where the load doesnt change like a turn signal - MY VOTE WOULD BE CHEAP BULB - try some of the better ones off of SUPER BRIGHT LEDS home
Royal I think it's both. just because those little lights don't have a change in voltage like a turn signal it doesn't mean the load doesn't need to be Equalized! A load equalizer is just that! to eqaul out the voltage Load going to the bulb! LED's are VERY load sensitive and they are NOT meant to opperate off 12v. And i'm willing to bet those little bulbs were getting 12v or more.

Scot W.

i partially AGREE with Scot.... i would think the problem lies with the quality of the Bulb.... LEDs are durable and should be able to handle whatever "normal" heat is in the cabin area.... i dont agree with the need for a load equalizer on just a replacement for a dash light - where the load doesnt change like a turn signal - MY VOTE WOULD BE CHEAP BULB - try some of the better ones off of SUPER BRIGHT LEDS home

They say they offer a one year warranty:

Super Bright LEDs - Information and Policies

I'm assuming we would use the White LED lights in the B8 series for a stock dash?? Not sure if the colored would work right in the stock dash. :confused:

194's.

Specifically, WLED-CW5.

I was going to use the WLED-CW5 in my 85 cutlass (same basic dash design as the regals) and in my VDO gauges. It seems to spread the light around more.

WLED Car Bulb specs

Actually thinking of getting the WLED-B5 (blue) for the VDO gauges in my GN.

Kitt1983

man, I've responded to numerous of your private messages, I told you just to read the entire post, it would answer your questions, your going to have to make some decisions yourself. Here's one of the posts in this thread that tell you what final bulbs I went w/. also see previous post that lists part numbers and cost......

Here is a link for the style I ended up replacing my original LEDS in the front w/ 2 RED SMT 27 LED TURN SIGNAL LIGHT BULBS 1156 1073 these are much brighter, also cost way more. I would imagine that these would also be much brighter in the tail lights. as far as the color thing, I understand what people are saying about matching the color, but I just thought the white would be brighter, sort of like the original bulb that is shining white light, not red.

This thread has been very informative, thats why I started it. LED's are just going to become more popular as the price drops, and more people find out about them.

Turbo6Chicago, thanks for also posting a pic of the lights, it's nice to see another comparrison, even though yours are tinted.

man, I've responded to numerous of your private messages, I told you just to read the entire post, it would answer your questions, your going to have to make some decisions yourself. Here's one of the posts in this thread that tell you what final bulbs I went w/. also see previous post that lists part numbers and cost......

1. i just wanted side markers, license plate, and front directionals (#194)

2 i am very busy and stress myself that is why i asked you. i cant deicper you code
i dont want to waste money on bulbs that wont function right on my car.

Side Markers: #194 (4)
Front Directionals: #194 (2)
License Plate: #194 (1)
Products
3 x 2 HID WHITE 4 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 $14.97
1 x 2 PIN ELECTRONIC FLASHER AMERICAN $16.59

i just wanted side markers, license plate, and front directionals (#194)

2 i am very busy and stress myself that is why i asked you. i cant deicper you code
i dont want to waste money on bulbs that wont function right on my car.

Side Markers: #194 (4)
Front Directionals: #194 (2)
License Plate: #194 (1)
Products
3 x 2 HID WHITE 4 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 $14.97
1 x 2 PIN ELECTRONIC FLASHER AMERICAN $16.59

My code??? This is a direct copy/paste off of VLEDS website, have you even visited their site yet???? 3 X 2 means, the lights come in 2 packs, and I got 3 of them, soooo, 3x2=6

I'm sorry your busy and think everyone here should just make you an exact list of every bulb you need, believe it or not I'm a busy person also, I spend 8 hours a day at my job then I come home and work in my own garage on side jobs.

If I'm a prick for telling it the way it is, so be it.

I started this thread w/ the intentions to give other board members a direction of where to go for LED lights, because I knew nothing about them and just shared my experience. My intentions were not to answer every single question and tell everyone each specific bulb they need. I've been flooded w/ questions on this subject, I just dont have the time to sit down evry night and answer all of them, Hense again, this thread which should answer quit a bit.

My code??? This is a direct copy/paste off of VLEDS website, have you even visited their site yet???? 3 X 2 means, the lights come in 2 packs, and I got 3 of them, soooo, 3x2=6

I have been to there eBay page and there website and I have bought from them and others. Vleds site has changed since I last saw it.

I'm sorry your busy and think everyone here should just make you an exact list of every bulb you need, believe it or not I'm a busy person also, I spend 8 hours a day at my job then I come home and work in my own garage on side jobs.

No, you missed my point entirely. I wanted to know which led will work right for my Trans Am without any problems. BlackMetal had problems with his LEDs and other guys on TGO had turn signal problems even with flashers.

If I'm a prick for telling it the way it is, so be it.

I have no beef with you. I am trying to have a civil conversation with you and other members on this board. Then the minute I posted on this thread, you suddenly wanted to become a total scumbag towards me. This thread is for led parking light bulbs so I did not violate anything, when I asked about leds for my car.You don’t think I read this thread before I pmed you and that is how I found you in the first place. you want to be to be a scum bag then be one. i wont stop you but god will

bottom line, all BS aside..take your bulb numbers from your car (which are probably different than the Regals here) look up the corresponding LEDS that are SMT (surface mount technology) these are the brightest and most expensive. This has gotten way blown out of proportion. I just feel like I keep on repeating myself.

The Phillips LED bulbs are some of the best out there. Other LED's just don't seem to stand up.