Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be cleared up. Was the transmission under warranty or not? Never mind what Len said. Time wise, was the job under warranty?

I'm not suggesting the job should not have been repaired as a courtesy to the customer, especially with the stated run time on the unit, I just want to know, paper wise, was the job under warranty?

(Third paragraph)
So I call him to tell him it's ready to go. Well, I get his receptionist. She tells me she will give him the message. This goes on daily for about a week. > AT THIS PIONT I WOULD HAVE SAID: "PLEASE TELL HIM THE TRANS HAS BEEN SHIPPED!"
(THIS IS WHERE YOU DECIDED "NOT" TO SHIP IT I BELIVE?)

Again! I'm not trying to twist anything and am not trying to help anyone of you.

Did you piss either one of them off?

There is just got to be more to this!!

Maybe I am a little biased because I know some of the parties involved. I personally would have never shipped the tranny back under those circumstances. If he tells me to call and he will have it shipped on his dime, then starts avoiding my calls and having his GF lie saying he doesn't work at the shop with his name on the door, then the absolute last thing I would do would be to send my "Evidence" anywhere. Red flags would be popping up everywhere that something isn't right and sending the tranny to him would not be the best course of action in my opinion. But you know what opinions are like.... :biggrin:

This should be cleared up. Was the transmission under warranty or not? Never mind what Len said. Time wise, was the job under warranty?

I'm not suggesting the job should not have been repaired as a courtesy to the customer, especially with the stated run time on the unit, I just want to know, paper wise, was the job under warranty?

If it has the wrong parts in it and is the wrong build does it even matter if it had a warranty? or are you saying if you sell a guy a full billet tranny and deliver a stock rebuild with used parts, as long as it lasts through the warranty period it's ok?

It seems like to me that warranty should not even come into play if they didn't get what they paid for.

If it has the wrong parts in it and is the wrong build does it even matter if it had a warranty? or are you saying if you sell a guy a full billet tranny and deliver a stock rebuild with used parts, as long as it lasts through the warranty period it's ok?

It seems like to me that warranty should not even come into play if they didn't get what they paid for.

Just working through the facts here, one at a time.

Was the unit under warranty?

Maybe I am a little biased because I know some of the parties involved. I personally would have never shipped the tranny back under those circumstances. If he tells me to call and he will have it shipped on his dime, then starts avoiding my calls and having his GF lie saying he doesn't work at the shop with his name on the door, then the absolute last thing I would do would be to send my "Evidence" anywhere. Red flags would be popping up everywhere that something isn't right and sending the tranny to him would not be the best course of action in my opinion. But you know what opinions are like.... :biggrin:
KNOWHERE IN HERE DOES IT MENTION "ON HIS DIME!" SO.... I call Len, and he asks me about the fluid level, and TV adjustment. I told him it's right. In which he relied, that he knew I knew better but he had to ask. So he tells me, "yeah there is something wrong. Get it ready to ship and I'll fix it no problem. Something is wrong". He also askes when we ordered it. It had been awhile but was still in warrantee. In which he adds (I don't give a f*ck how long it's been, it should not have done that. Send it to me". I was not suprised, we've done this before, and he stood behind his work.

Well I look at it like this sully, If it was ME and the trans was put in MY car and I done the same thing and I called Len and he said "I don't give a f*ck how long it's been, it should not have done that. Send it to me". and it was ME making the phone call to say "it's on it's way" I WOULD HAVE SENT IT!!

All the avoiding phone calls seemed to be AFTER the first one where she says "i'll give him the message.

Then it seems like an awefull lot of phone calls were made and alot of stuff was said between the two.

Then the trans was stripped down at another shop and the parts that came of it were not of a 9sec build. BUT the bad part of this is knowone will ever really know for sure if those are the true parts that came out of it CORRECT?

I'm just trying to figure this out too.....

Now it's suggested that the unit was under warranty. I seem to remember that at one point it was told that the unit was 6 mos. out. Dang! Don't make me read this all over.

What's next... when they ordered the 9 second capable tramnsmission they didn't specify 9's in the 1/4. The trans probally would have lived in a 9 second 1/8th mile car. :biggrin: Take a deeeeeeep breath guys, this is obviously not going to get resolved here.

Now it's suggested that the unit was under warranty. I seem to remember that at one point it was told that the unit was 6 mos. out. Dang! Don't make me read this all over.

In his original post, Stu states it is under warranty. I have no idea how long Len warranties his trannies for so I can't answer.

Im not sure,But I dont think i read anywhere that it was supposed to be a full billet tranny,A tranny capable of running into the 9's I read.

I know Len builds Jason Cramer's trannys and he was running deep into the 9's with a tranbrake with just a hardened forward drum.

Im not sure,But I dont think i read anywhere that it was supposed to be a full billet tranny,A tranny capable of running into the 9's I read.

I know Len builds Jason Cramer's trannys and he was running deep into the 9's with a tranbrake with just a hardened forward drum.

Yes I was just using that as an example. Wasn't trying to insinuate that they were supposed to get a full billet tranny, i was just using that as the extreme end of the scale. Sorry if it came off that way. I am also not saying they got a stock rebuild with used parts. That too was just an example.

Im loading the pics up as we speak. But the statement above goes above and beyond being biased. He spent 2500$ on a transmission and its ok that it doesn't have any billet components because Cramers car can run 9s with a hardened drum? I would like to see proof of this but stranger things have happened. Stock and even hardened forward drums are crap, some have lasted and others break in near stock cars. A transmission capable of 9s should have every billet component available and at the very least a billet forward drum and billet input shaft. Where is the 2500 spent if no billet parts are supplied. All new clutches/bands/sprags/gaskets etc... are easily attainable for 250$ +150 for a shift kit and servo and 200 for a front pump. Seems like an aweful lot for R&D.

From post number 1.
"It had been awhile but was still in warrantee."

From post number 77.
"It was under a year from purchase.

But when I talked to him he said "somethings wrong, that should not have happened."

Why the but? Is what you stated in your very first post true? Was the unit under warranty or not?

Im loading the pics up as we speak. But the statement above goes above and beyond being biased. He spent 2500$ on a transmission and its ok that it doesn't have any billet components because Cramers car can run 9s with a hardened drum? I would like to see proof of this but stranger things have happened. Stock and even hardened forward drums are crap, some have lasted and others break in near stock cars. A transmission capable of 9s should have every billet component available and at the very least a billet forward drum and billet input shaft. Where is the 2500 spent if no billet parts are supplied. All new clutches/bands/sprags/gaskets etc... are easily attainable for 250$ +150 for a shift kit and servo and 200 for a front pump. Seems like an aweful lot for R&D.

I have to argue with you on this. You do not need every billet part under the sun to do 9s. How long you will keep doing nines without them is another question.

Just what is your overhead like?

From post number 1.
"It had been awhile but was still in warrantee."

From post number 77.
"It was under a year from purchase.

But when I talked to him he said "somethings wrong, that should not have happened."

Why the but? Is what you stated in your very first post true? Was the unit under warranty or not?
It was under a year, so yes.

And maybe I should have replaced the "but" with an "and" so we can get past this little technicality and dismiss the insinuation that it's okay to load this tranny with inadequate parts and to dodge my efforts to rectify this problem.

I have to argue with you on this. You do not need every billet part under the sun to do 9s. How long you will keep doing nines without them is another question.

Did not last long enough to run 9's, ran one mid 10. I was wondering why the MPH was so low. Pulls much better in 3rd gear now. Maybe because it is not slipping throughout 3rd gear.

Im not arguing with you,Im just saying were they told or does it show on the bill that it had or they payed for billet internals?

I personally would ues billet internals but I have also been building theses transmissions for 21 years,Thats right since 1987 from stock to 9 sec cars.
I built one fro Jim Rome that went over a season running 10.0s on just an ART CARR forward drum and a stageright brake and never had a problem,But he did not run in the 9s with it.

It was under a year, so yes.

And maybe I should have replaced the "but" with an "and" so we can get past this little technicality and dismiss the insinuation that it's okay to load this tranny with inadequate parts and to dodge my efforts to rectify this problem.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We haven't determined that the parts are inadequate. Or have we already cemented an opinion on that?

You stated earlier that you would post the invoice. Show a picture of the invoice that shows the terms of the warranty, please.

Thats fine, you can disagree with what you want, if I am a paying customer I want a transmission that is going to last more than 5 9 sec passes at the track if I ask for a transmission capable of 9s. I'm sure even a fresh 200 from GM could withstand a couple of passes, doesn't mean its a 9 sec transmission. I don't have much overhead, as I stated earlier I do it on the side to help out local guys and make a little spending money. That in no way invalidates anything I have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.