Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is just alot of unanswered questions here and something isn't right!

Show the bill of sale!
Show the "supposedly bad parts"! (knowone will really ever know if those parts came out of that trans or not!)
Was something said or done to piss Len off?

Things just are not adding up.. Thats all

It was under a year, so yes.

And maybe I should have replaced the "but" with an "and" so we can get past this little technicality and dismiss the insinuation that it's okay to load this tranny with inadequate parts and to dodge my efforts to rectify this problem.

Not insinuating. Just trying to get to the facts.

Thats fine, you can disagree with what you want, if I am a paying customer I want a transmission that is going to last more than 5 9 sec passes at the track if I ask for a transmission capable of 9s. I'm sure even a fresh 200 from GM could withstand a couple of passes, doesn't mean its a 9 sec transmission. I don't have much overhead, as I stated earlier I do it on the side to help out local guys and make a little spending money. That in no way invalidates anything I have said.

No, that doesn't invalidate your opinion. That shows me that your cost of doing business is drastically different than Len's. So your input into how much a person should have to spend for a transmission is mute, since you truly don't have an idea of what it costs to maintain a facility.

There is just alot of unanswered questions here and something isn't right!

Show the bill of sale!
Show the "supposedly bad parts"!
Was something said or done to piss Len off?

Things just are not adding up.. Thats all

Did not get a bill of sale from Len. Pics are on the way. And everthing was just peachy up till the last time we talked. I did not do anything to get this treatment, and I was more than cordial and patient (but persistent) with his girlfriend.

WHERE IS LEN? Let's hear his side. Since you guys would rather villify me on the premise that he is your buddy maybe we would get somewhere if he would grace us with his presence?

mmk so what the hell are you trying to say? I have built about 10-12 200-4rs and worked on quite a few others. Most are in mid 11 second cars or faster. I have posted a lot in the tranny section but it was a lot longer than 2 years ago that i was posting simple things about a shift kit. I have built mine all sorts of ways and have found something that shifts great and holds up to a lot of power and abuse. I build them on the side while i'm in school. I never claimed to be as smart as the other guys that do this for a living, but I can build a damn good 200-4r and know what the hell im looking at when I see a transmission that looks like it was thrown together with the junk parts from a 200,000 mile stocker.

I don't mean to insult, but 10-12 200-4Rs under your belt does not, in my eyes anyway, make you an expert. If that number had been 75+, then maybe. Again, I don't mean to insult. You're still a spring chicken, my friend.

Did not get a bill of sale from Len. Pics are on the way. And everthing was just peachy up till the last time we talked. I did not do anything to get this treatment, and I was more than cordial and patient (but persistent) with his girlfriend.

WHERE IS LEN? Let's hear his side. Since you guys would rather villify me on the premise that he is your buddy maybe we would get somewhere if he would grace us with his presence?

disco stu! I want to make this perfectly clear. I am not a friend of Len's. On the contrary, I have my own little problem with the side of his character he has shown me, but I won't get into that.

So why am I daring to ask questions? It's because I hate to see this type of thing happen. And if someone is going to have the balls to slander a person, he should be able to answer a few simple questions and come up with some evidence for us. Didn't you state in an earlier post that you had the invoice or bill of sale?

Im curious how to tell what a 200,000 miles trans part looks like.
21 years of building all types of trannys and ive seen 200,000 mile parts
that appeared better than some 10 mile trannys Ive built for new car dealers

No, that doesn't invalidate your opinion. That shows me that your cost of doing business is drastically different than Len's. So your input into how much a person should have to spend for a transmission is mute, since you truly don't have an idea of what it costs to maintain a facility.

Thats fine, pics are uploading to photobucket right now, my computer is a slow pos so bare with me. I have been around for a while and if his overhead is so high that it validates charging 2500 for a basic stock rebuild then maybe he shouldn't be doing it.

Did not last long enough to run 9's, ran one mid 10. I was wondering why the MPH was so low. Pulls much better in 3rd gear now. Maybe because it is not slipping throughout 3rd gear.
So was the direct cause of the slipping 3rd gear determined? Since it is part of the rebuilder's responsibility to determine what the cause of the failure was.

Thats fine, pics are uploading to photobucket right now, my computer is a slow pos so bare with me. I have been around for a while and if his overhead is so high that it validates charging 2500 for a basic stock rebuild then maybe he shouldn't be doing it.

Did the 2500 include a T/C?

disco stu! I want to make this perfectly clear. I am not a friend of Len's. On the contrary, I have my own little problem with the side of his character he has shown me, but I won't get into that.

So why am I daring to ask questions? It's because I hate to see this type of thing happen. And if someone is going to have the balls to slander a person, he should be able to answer a few simple questions and come up with some evidence for us. Didn't you state in an earlier post that you had the invoice or pill of sale?

I do from Mike Kurtz, with a detailed account in the additional info box. I guess I took the buddy way of business for granted with Len, because I got nothing like that form him.

I don't mind any questions, I've tried and have been here to present my case clearly. I can't see it as slander, because it is not false of malicious.
My argument has a leg to stand on. Can't say the same for the other side. Some of these arguments based on nothing but faith in Len are feeble at best. I don't care about his overhead, if he can't cover his costs (which I am not implying is the case) he does not need to take it out of my a$$.
JD's experience, well, he has a good idea of what he is looking at and I think any other person who has built one of these would say the same.

Guys. If you're planning on going to a court room in the United States of America, you'd better have an invoice! :eek:

I know absolutely NOBODY involved here....

Disco Stu-- If you guys got screwed please post a bill of sale, and pics to prove your point.

Len-- If you did or did not screw these guys post your side.

Lets end this keyboard BS,,, sooner the better.

Whoever is right is right, or wrong is wrong.

here is a stock forward drum. nothing special here
DSC01175.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

the low/reverse and overun clutches looked fine.
DSC01178.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

ODs are glazed and burnt (2 BTW, not even a 3 clutch upgrade, but i guess thats not needed in a 9 sec car right?)
DSC01180.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

The forwards were ok
DSC01183.jpg

And now for the fun ones. Here are the direct clutches. Most didn't even have any clutch material left. It almost seems that clutches were stacked on clutches to cause this much damage in such a short period of time.
DSC01184.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01189.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

stock OD planetary.
DSC01196.jpg

Thats what I have so far. I took a few more that aren't dl'ing properly so ill see what i can do. I also have a pic of the reciept from century trans where the you can read for yourselves the breakdown of the transmission.

Im curious how to tell what a 200,000 miles trans part looks like.
21 years of building all types of trannys and ive seen 200,000 mile parts
that appeared better than some 10 mile trannys Ive built for new car dealers

it was a figure of speech.... fine it looks like the directs went through some kinda torture test. Better? Yes ive rebuilt stock trannys that looked pristine with high miles as well. Ive also fixed other builders mistakes in a tranny that looked pretty bad.

How many plates in the direct. Was a cause for the direct clutch wear determined? Were they sunburst or solid?

It does appear as though the direct are altos or some other red lined friction. That kind of throws your 'stock all the way through' statement out.

OD plate count should have been upgraded.

Pic of the direct pressure plate, please. Snap ring side.

Also. Still waiting for those pictures of the parts that look like they have over 200,000 miles on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.