Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at it late at night the first time i saw it. After examining it today in better light it appeared it was a trick of the light. The bushing is not a solid piece so that when its pressed in it compresses slightly. It was this cut in the bushing that made it look like the inside of the splined shaft had a hair line crack. I didn't see anything this time but if you want to i can pull the bushing and take a look at it. It only appeared to be a hairline crack in it when i initially looked at it the first time, i don't know if you were expecting it to be a huge gaping crack or what.
Most bushings have a slice in them where they are rolled into one another

I looked at it late at night the first time i saw it. After examining it today in better light it appeared it was a trick of the light. The bushing is not a solid piece so that when its pressed in it compresses slightly. It was this cut in the bushing that made it look like the inside of the splined shaft had a hair line crack. I didn't see anything this time but if you want to i can pull the bushing and take a look at it. It only appeared to be a hairline crack in it when i initially looked at it the first time, i don't know if you were expecting it to be a huge gaping crack or what.
No, What I was pointing out was you first said it was cracked and now it isn't.

Do you happen to see what you have done? You looked at this at night, then came on here saying it was cracked when in reality you were wrong!! and now it's on this site as "cracked" when it's not!

This is the invalid stuff that we are trying to get to the bottom of!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

What's next... when they ordered the 9 second capable tramnsmission they didn't specify 9's in the 1/4. The trans probally would have lived in a 9 second 1/8th mile car. :biggrin: Take a deeeeeeep breath guys, this is obviously not going to get resolved here.
You don't do much 1/8 mile, do you?

Never mind. Misread your comment.

Most bushings have a slice in them where they are rolled into one another

Maybe i wasn't clear, i explained to him that the bushing is cut so that it can compress slightly when its pressed in. I understand why its there.

Instead of quoting everyone and replying to each individual post, I'll issue a blanket statement.

Without a doubt, I am sure that many of the points you all have made (Otto J, DonWG and scot w.) are valid. However, CSI or not, none of us can be sure the progression of events that would unfold should this ordeal progress to a court case.

And absolutely, facts are strong determinents when substantiating accusations. However, facts (in the form of paperwork or otherwise) are not always available. That's when the discretion and critical thinking ability of a judge (and possibly jury) come in to play....

Further more.....Yes, without a bill of sale from Len stating EXACTLY what parts were used when building his transmission, our case is somewhat hampered. However, it's at that point that the expertise of other tranny builders can, and most likely would, be called in to play in order to substantiate our claim that our $2,500 tranny should have included higher quality parts and that the tranny's construction should have been more solid from the beginning.

Also, "if" (it's a big "if", but it might address some questions) the question is raised doubting that the transmission was initially built by Len in the 1st place, credit card statements of my own and sales records of Len can be called upon for review. What a pain that would be for both parties!!! :(

All the above takin' into consideration, one still must wonder "why" Len hasn't made even ONE SOLID attempt at contact with either Stu or myself....? He has the option of a phone call, a letter, a private message, an open thread reponse, a second hand message yelled across his shop to his g/f over the phone.......right on down to a text message, and yet NOTHING! :confused:

Even more confusing is that the initial interaction between Len, Stu and myself was just as solid and "friendly" as I would expect from any initial honest interaction between buyer and seller. For that reason alone, the question that everyone might have on their mind, above and beyond specifics of the tranny build, is the EXACT question that runs through Stu's and my mind constantly....."Where did all this go wrong?" Geez, if only for that question to be answered.....

AGAIN, both Stu and I sincerely do not want, wish, hope, desire or strive for this all to progress to a court case. Quite honestly, that is why the word "if" has been used so frequently when discussing the possible escalation of all this to such a degree as we are still uncertain what our next course of action will be. It does seem as though it will not be solved any other way except through a judge, be it in our favor or not. Any way we go, we might be out of money and luck as the judge is certainly not guaranteed to rule in our favor. So yeah, while to some it may seem to be in the bag, there are (obviously) others who still realize that this could go either way.

Frustrating indeed........

Do you happen to see what you have done? You looked at this at night, then came on here saying it was cracked when in reality you were wrong!! and now it's on this site as "cracked" when it's not!

This is the invalid stuff that we are trying to get to the bottom of!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

There is a LOT of invalid crap going on here.

Point blank, John paid Len for a transmission that was set up for deep 9s. It didn't make it anywhere near the deep 9s, and it broke. Len said he would take care of them, he didn't, and now he is probably hiding in a corner somewhere or figuring out how to rip someone else off without them reading this thread.

All he has to do is show up, be a man, and handle the situation.

His tranny didn't work. Plain and simple. I don't see why you guys are so up in arms to defend the guy that won't even defend his own shoddy work...

Maybe i wasn't clear, i explained to him that the bushing is cut so that it can compress slightly when its pressed in. I understand why its there.
What wasn't clear is that you thought it was crack at the bushing the night before?I guess we all learn something new everyday

In the end I hope this works out for both partys,I know Len and I have met Stu and this whole thing sucks.

Look you are grasping at straws. Everything else was valid. I didn't post that Mike at Century claimed that the OD planetary housing was cracked at the splines either because i didn't have the picture of receipt telling this. I don't know why he didn't give this part back but thats what it states. Im freakin sorry that somehow that night it looked like a crack. Hell maybe its all ok because the stock ass forward drum didn't have the hairline crack i thought it did. Len is all cleared now..... Ok. If this invalidates me so be it. You have the pics of the stock forward drum and burnt clutches. You don't have to believe me thats fine. I have only been on here for almost 9 years and have over 2000 post and not one time ever will you see me bash a vendor or claim to have a problem.

So if $2500 is that important to you (it would be me) and you feel you can win, press charges and quit posting on a internet board that isn't going to gain you anything.

In 6 months this thread will be buried so far deep no one will remember, if your that confident go get your money and quit posting here.

If not, walk away and chalk it up as a learning experienece.

In 6 months this thread will be buried so far deep no one will remember, if your that confident go get your money and quit posting here.

I will bet that it won't be...

People need to know what is going on, or they will end up getting the same deal as these guys did. That's what message boards are used for, communicating.....

I have a picture you can use so you know what one looks like:D

DSCI0081.jpg

What wasn't clear is that you thought it was crack at the bushing the night before?I guess we all learn something new everyday

look i made a mistake, maybe i saw a dog hair somewhere down the inside that looked like a crack i dunno. Stu thought there was one and maybe i didn't look hard enough to it and assumed it was and took a glance, i don't know. Hell maybe it is cracked and I missed it today as I was in a hurry. It was almost two weeks ago and its a moot point that doesn't change anything about this whole mess. It doesn't change a damn thing and everybody trying to belittle me and my knowledge is getting ridiculous.

I will bet that it won't be...

People need to know what is going on, or they will end up getting the same deal as these guys did. That's what message boards are used for, communicating.....

Well as I said, I know NEITHER party, just tired of the hesaid/hesaid BS... get to court and get it over if your that confident.

Somebody likes his work, matter of fact several in this thread, so there always is 2 sides to every story.

Who is right/wrong, not for me to say. But if they are that pissed file a suit and get on with it. You think a bulletin board is going to award you a judgement............... :rolleyes:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/vendor-s-customer-service/265862-big-thanks-len-freeman.html

There is a LOT of invalid crap going on here.

Point blank, John paid Len for a transmission that was set up for deep 9s. It didn't make it anywhere near the deep 9s, and it broke. Len said he would take care of them, he didn't, and now he is probably hiding in a corner somewhere or figuring out how to rip someone else off without them reading this thread.

All he has to do is show up, be a man, and handle the situation.

His tranny didn't work. Plain and simple. I don't see why you guys are so up in arms to defend the guy that won't even defend his own shoddy work...
PERFECT! Glad you posted.. Let me respond "point blank"..

First of all: after reading everything and right down to the owner admiting - "There is NO BILL OF SALE" CORRECT? therefore there is NOTHING stating he bought a 9sec tranny build set up for deep 9's!!!

Secondly: Len said he would take care of it and THEY NEVER SENT IT IN!! PERIOD!! Not that (He didn't! HE COULD'NT IT WAS NEVER SENT BACK!!!)

And now we have found people on here making mistakes about the parts!).

PERFECT! Glad you posted.. Let me respond "point blank"..

First of all: after reading everything and right down to the owner admiting - "There is NO BILL OF SALE" CORRECT? therefore there is NOTHING stating he bought a 9sec tranny build set up for deep 9's!!!

Secondly: Len said he would take care of it and THEY NEVER SENT IT IN!! PERIOD!! Not that (He didn't! HE COULD'NT IT WAS NEVER SENT BACK!!!)

And now we have found people on here outright lying about the parts.

You apparently didn't understand that according to disco stu Len said to crate it up and he will have it picked up since he had an account. Len said to call when it was crated and thats that. Disco called and got the run around and hasn't heard from him since. I don't think many people would want to spend their own money to ship it back with no way of knowing what Len is thinking or going to do about it.

You are complete !@%!#@ ...... saying im lying about the parts now? I didn't lie about crap. If I meant to lie about it i would still be claiming that it was.

This thread is turning a little frustrating,too many super troopers:rolleyes: and not enough of Len FREEMAN.His trans doesn't work, its under warrenty and wants it fixed,is that too tuff to ask? I had a major vendor sell me a trans 2 years ago that was supposed to be complete billet,trans died we figured out that it was stock parts and he made good on a new billet trans.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.