Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for you guys troubles!!

Its a real shame how quick other Buick people are quick to throw one of our own under the bus when they get burnt after spending big $$$$:(

Heaven forbid a Buick vendor do somthing bad:confused: Weve had pedophiles(Terry H),people who smoke crack(Dave S),and im sure people who are alot worse than either of those.Whys it so hard to beleive that a trans builder would only put the good parts where it was visible??

File a lawsuit AND report him to the IRS.My bet is that he,along with alot of other vendors whos sale are word of mouth via the internet,dont pay taxes.Post his business info on every website you can find.If someone ends up vandalizing his shop/livelihood,maybe hell think 2x before screwing another customer.
Hmmm. Joined in Oct. 2008. Having fun?

I have a picture you can use so you know what one looks like:D

DSCI0081.jpg

trust me i know what a snapped forward drum looks like, ive broken a stocker and a billet unit that must have had a defect. Most of the time the bushing closes up and is not as obvious as this one was. It is also a jagged slit on the bushing. I admited i was mistaken, that does not make me a liar. It does not change the fact that its a stock forward drum in a 9 sec transmission and the unit itself didn't hold up.

My picture didnt have the dog hair though:eek:
I heard this trans was behind a stage 2 at one point?

You apparently didn't understand that according to disco stu Len said to crate it up and he will have it picked up since he had an account. Len said to call when it was crated and thats that. Disco called and got the run around and hasn't heard from him since. I don't think many people would want to spend their own money to ship it back with no way of knowing what Len is thinking or going to do about it.

You are complete !@%!#@ ...... saying im lying about the parts now? I didn't lie about crap. If I meant to lie about it i would still be claiming that it was.
I understand. It's in the heat of the moment when that stuff happens and it ends up here for everyone to see.

I just see a vendor that offered to fix the trans and it was never sent back for him to do so!

It may have been a hardened drum,ART CARR stopped making them black after the heat treat a few years ago.
I can't tell from the pics either way

Maybe i wasn't clear, i explained to him that the bushing is cut so that it can compress slightly when its pressed in. I understand why its there.

The cut is there because of the manufacturing process of the bushing.

IF IT DOESN'T FIT YOU MUST AQUIT!!! Right? Or something similiar.

Whatever jabs you guys can take at anybody, as far reaching as they may be, to direct attention away from the integrity of this build, you guys are taking. Your arguments are trying to justify somebody being paid for a specific job that built a defective unit and kicked it out the back door. I have two builders that state that this does not even closely resemble a performance build or anything that somebody would have paid for in this price range. These attempts to construe the fact are quite transparent to me, and hopefully others that aren't so blindly biased based on NOTHING he has said on his behalf.

This is a witch hunt indeed. You are going after the ones who are not at fault.

Scott W you are a blind fool. You are trying to relieve a guilty person based on straight BS technicalities. It does not say on my current work order that it is destined for 9's either, but it is what I paid for.

Secondly, I did not send it in because he stated he would foot the bill for shipping, rightly so. And given the fact that I could not get ahold of him after he agreed to take care of it did not guarantee that he would. Given how things have progressed, it is a very good thing that I did not send it back. For it is not very likely that they would have taken care of this situation properly based on how they treated me. And I would have never known how horribly it was built in the first place. NOBODY is outright lying about anything. And you can try to put words in someones mouth all you want, but it doesn't make it so.

Still waiting to see if someone can prove Len right. Since no one can, all you can do is provide feeble remote efforts to prove me wrong.

PERFECT! Glad you posted.. Let me respond "point blank"..

First of all: after reading everything and right down to the owner admiting - "There is NO BILL OF SALE" CORRECT? therefore there is NOTHING stating he bought a 9sec tranny build set up for deep 9's!!!

Secondly: Len said he would take care of it and THEY NEVER SENT IT IN!! PERIOD!! Not that (He didn't! HE COULD'NT IT WAS NEVER SENT BACK!!!)

And now we have found people on here making mistakes about the parts!).

Dude, Scot...come on.

Have you missed the part where they repeatedly have mentioned that Len said to CALL HIM when it was ready to be sent back? Because they did, and he has given them the runaround ever since.

I haven't seen a bill of sale, I don't know if there is one, and I couldn't give a **** less. I have met John P and I can tell you he is not a person that would pull something like this. He is as straight forward as it gets. He is the type of person that will look you in the eye and give you the truth, whether you like it or not. Which is what is happening right now. If John says he talked with Len about a 9 second tranny, that's what happened.

Why don't some of you Len advocates call him and ask him to jump into the thread and explain it himself instead of trying to insinuate that Disco Stu, Whiplash, and JD are lying? That would fix everything EXCEPT the crappy tranny he sold them.

scot w. said:
PERFECT! Glad you posted.. Let me respond "point blank"..

First of all: after reading everything and right down to the owner admiting - "There is NO BILL OF SALE" CORRECT? therefore there is NOTHING stating he bought a 9sec tranny build set up for deep 9's!!!
Please re-read post #246, 4th paragraph....
scot w. said:
Secondly: Len said he would take care of it and THEY NEVER SENT IT IN!! PERIOD!! Not that (He didn't! HE COULD'NT IT WAS NEVER SENT BACK!!!)
Len stated to crate it up, under no certain time frame, and let him know when it was ready to be shipped. Unfortunately, despite our microwave society being built on instant gratification, often times, reality bites and we must wait....That said, "yes", a small amount of time transpired between the time Len told Stu to ship the tranny back and the time that the tranny was again removed, a tranny shipping box was built and the tranny was actually available to be shipped.
scot w. said:
And now we have found people on here outright lying about the parts (or making mistakes).
Let's not forget that there is a HUGE difference between a lie and a mistake.

I too, have no dog in this fight. Len and John have both only ever been GREAT to me.

The fact is, correct me if I am wrong, is that John has a problem with a transmission built by Len and Len will not respond.

Does anyone disagree with that statement? Len is hiding for some reason. Until he can explain why, the transmission has a problem that SHOULD have been resolved.

Jason

Look you are grasping at straws. Everything else was valid. I didn't post that Mike at Century claimed that the OD planetary housing was cracked at the splines either because i didn't have the picture of receipt telling this. I don't know why he didn't give this part back but thats what it states. Im freakin sorry that somehow that night it looked like a crack. Hell maybe its all ok because the stock ass forward drum didn't have the hairline crack i thought it did. Len is all cleared now..... Ok. If this invalidates me so be it. You have the pics of the stock forward drum and burnt clutches. You don't have to believe me thats fine. I have only been on here for almost 9 years and have over 2000 post and not one time ever will you see me bash a vendor or claim to have a problem.

You're saying you didn't get the OD carrier back from Mike, yet you posted a picture of one.

Scott W you are a blind fool. You are trying to relieve a guilty person based on straight BS technicalities. It does not say on my current work order that it is destined for 9's either, but it is what I paid for.
There's the name calling!! lol I'm not so blind to see people say there was a "work order" then say there is no "work order" AND NOW YOU JUST SAID THERE IS ONE!! EVEN RAY CHARLES CAN SEE THAT ONE!!! LOL

READ THIS AGAIN!!! I AM NOT HERE FOR EITHER ONE OF YOU!! I HAVE BEEN READING THIS AND SEEING THE INVALID STUFF POSTED...

You're saying you didn't get the OD carrier back from Mike, yet you posted a picture of one.

The OD carrier ring gear, not the unit itself.....

again sorry its late i don't know why i called it the housing, im frustrated that you guys are calling me out basically, and not only in this thread, i saw another comment about a "20 year old builder" in the other len freeman thread, so i can only interpret that as being me.

There's the name calling!! lol I'm not so blind to see people say there was a "work order" then say there is no "work order" AND NOW YOU JUST SAID THERE IS ONE!! EVEN RAY CHARLES CAN SEE THAT ONE!!! LOL

READ THIS AGAIN!!! I AM NOT HERE FOR EITHER ONE OF YOU!! I HAVE BEEN READING THIS AND SEEING THE INVALID STUFF POSTED...

The work order from KURTZ. Which I have posted the additional info from. I'll scan it ASAP and post it. Keep trying. You and Ray need to go shoot some pool together. Reread most of your posts. Mostly invalid IMO. So, go to the other thread and pat his back some more.

He is speaking of the work order he received from Mike Kurtz.

OK. This is my assessment of the situation.

For $2,500, there should have been at the very least a billet forward drum, if in fact it was to be used in a 9 sec. car. Any other billet parts is up for argument, but for only $2,500 at least the billet forward drum.

OD pack should have been 3 frictions.

I would have increased the direct pack count too.

All I see, damage wise, is damage caused by a simple cross circuit leak of some sort. Not a serious problem. The most basic really. By the descriptions given by everyone, I was expecting much worse. If this is the first time you guys have seen directs go that quickly in a malfunctioning unit, you haven't seen many failures and you're in for a bit of a learning curve. This was really a very minor type of failure. It doesn't get much more minor than this.

Someone really should have called Len before taking it to the track to finish trashing out the direct clutches. What did you really expect to find. You sensed there was a problem and then put full load to it until it was gone. Not a smart move.

The OD carrier ring gear, not the unit itself.....

again sorry its late i don't know why i called it the housing, im frustrated that you guys are calling me out basically, and not only in this thread, i saw another comment about a "20 year old builder" in the other len freeman thread, so i can only interpret that as being me.
If you're going to play the professional witness, you'd better get your terminology and descriptions right. Not flaming you, just some good old fashion advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.