Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, everyone has an opinion. How about you go ahead and spend the coin on a transmission like i did and then i'll respect what you say. Until then, shut your mouth :cool: You have no idea what it's like to ship a part $200 each way just to have "the man" build it, only to have doubts in the end. Once again, until you've been there... keep your amateur opinion to yourself.

And this is the part where I shut you up :eek: ....I HAVE A FREEMAN TRANS, the trans was built in 06 with 0 problems and close to 500 hp at the crank.

The people who know me here, know I don't open my mouth unless I have a good argument or a case....With that being said, take my advise or stay out of it....very simple.

Regards,

One AMATEUR to a TRUE AMATEUR :biggrin:

Looks like it's about time to lock this thread. It speaks volumes that "Len" didn't respond very early in this thread and does not intend to. He could have simply told the parties involved to call him when the issue was first posted. The circus would have run out of hay and left town. The TB community is pretty small and stuff like this seems to make it even smaller...and nastier.:(

Looks like it's about time to lock this thread. It speaks volumes that "Len" didn't respond very early in this thread and does not intend to. He could have simply told the parties involved to call him when the issue was first posted. The circus would have run out of hay and left town. The TB community is pretty small and stuff like this seems to make it even smaller...and nastier.:(
Your rationale for the locking of this thread is the EXACT reasoning behind my feeling it needs to remain open. Because the TB community IS so small, people need to know who they can emphatically trust...100%. If there's a shadow of doubt, which now I believe there is, it needs to be exposed.

Your rationale for the locking of this thread is the EXACT reasoning behind my feeling it needs to remain open. Because the TB community IS so small, people need to know who they can emphatically trust...100%. If there's a shadow of doubt, which now I believe there is, it needs to be exposed.
I could really care less , BUT if this community is so small (the point should have already been made!) your reason for leaving it open is kind of un-nessesary and redundant at this point.

PS. If it's locked, It still stays there for people to see.. :rolleyes:

Mods want to leave it open and don't want others to give there point of view (right?) Well here's the problem, IT'S A PUBLIC FORUM!

"It's like a house with no doors and your asking for everyone to stay out eccept the people who own it. It's obvious by looking at this thread by now that's not going to happen.."

It's also obvious by now Len isn't going to reply!

Although It would be nice to hear the other side of the story I just don't think thats going to happen..

Mods want to leave it open and don't want others to give there point of view (right?) Well here's the problem, IT'S A PUBLIC FORUM!
That's not necessarily the case, Scott. I believe they would be OK with the discussion, or even somewhat of a debate, so long as it remains civil.
scot w. said:
.....your reason for leaving it open is kind of un-nessesary and redundant at this point.

Please see the 4th paragraph on post #379. I've got one more bit of info to display to further silence doubt of our claims. After that point, I will have nothing else to add unless there is reconciliation.....

By the way, even though it says mod below my name, I am not a mod in this section, and I have posted only as a member of this forum. If I was to form an opinion on whether or not this thread should remain open or be closed, I would probably vote to leave it open, as to be fair to what appears two primarily different opinions here. I don't think that Shane or Jay object to it's remaining open as long as it remains civil in nature without any name-calling or insults being thrown. Just my opinion on that though. If it remains civil, then it would seem to be to be more of a discussion and / or debate than an argument. Just my opinion on that, too. Hope that everybody is having a good Sunday and the weekend away from work. Tomorrow is another flipping Monday though.

I could really care less , BUT if this community is so small (the point should have already been made!) your reason for leaving it open is kind of un-nessesary and redundant at this point.

"It's like a house with no doors and your asking for everyone to stay out eccept the people who own it. It's obvious by looking at this thread by now that's not going to happen.."

It's also obvious by now Len isn't going to reply!

Although It would be nice to hear the other side of the story I just don't think thats going to happen..

Exactly...

Len has chosen a different path, if he is going to defend himself he has made it clear it won't be on a public forum. As i said before 13,000 + views later the buick communty is aware but.. waiting for the OTHER side.If you have the goods take it to court plain and simple. Is all this arguing going to help either side or the communty.

Dave, for the most part, I respect whole-heartedly your viewpoint(s). However, I sincerely doubt that $2,500 would justify a "standard rebuild" of a stock GN's original tranny (which it seems you are implying). As stated above, there will be no presentation of an "original invoice" as there was none. However, I do have my credit card statements coming from USAA as we speak and hope to very soon show payment in the amount of ~$2,500 to Len's shop. Granted, this proves NOTHING, as it could have been used to pay for a variety of other services and/or parts. But, for most viewing this thread, it will add an additional amount of credibility to our claims.

My point was, IMHO in this day and age I seriously doubt that $2500 would get a "real" 9 second capable transmission. Not a reliable one anyway. Of course I could be wrong.
Asking Len to build a 9 second tranny for $2500, to my way of thinking would sorta like asking Kenny D. to build a 7 second Stage motor for $8,000.

Oh well, I made my points, sorta. Outa here.

Exactly...

Len has chosen a different path, if he is going to defend himself he has made it clear it won't be on a public forum. As i said before 13,000 + views later the buick communty is aware but.. waiting for the OTHER side.If you have the goods take it to court plain and simple. Is all this arguing going to help either side or the communty.
Looks like there is several of us that see absolutely No point in letting this openly ramble on.

Point was made! PERIOD!
People seen their side of the story!
It's rediculous to me to just let people keep adding there one sided jabs here.

It also apears to be "civil" only if it's on the side of the orriginal posters.. (This is what I see when reading these posts)..

PS: Please don't take this the wrong way as Me along with others would Love to hear the Other side of this story..

Well to be honest, we the admin and mods, have been put in between a rock and a hard place...

Most of the threads that get closed is after BOTH PARTIES have spoken.

Well to be honest, we the admin and mods, have been put in between a rock and a hard place...

Most of the threads that get closed is after BOTH PARTIES have spoken.

most threads also get closed because their a non paying vendor...so why is this one still open if he is a non paying vendor:confused:

most threads also get closed because their a non paying vendor...so why is this one still open if he is a non paying vendor:confused:

Not most threads. Just the one's where you think you buddy was not treated right......:rolleyes:

Thanks for your contribution to this thread...

I really dont want to post on this thread because I have no direct interest and frankly I dont want to get all the emails about replies to the thread but........ Have the parties that had issues thought about filing a lawsuite against Freeman?? I just dont really see this thread getting anything done. I have talked with Len only a few times but he was a nice guy to me in conversation. Never did any business with him so I have no reason to give any input about how great either party involved are. Just a thought. The court system does do justice if you supply proof of the issues and gives both parties a chance.

21 years of building all types of trannys and ive seen 200,000 mile parts
that appeared better than some 10 mile trannys Ive built for new car dealers

Maybe that's not the right gig for you then Otto...:biggrin: J/K, I know what you meant by that statement...

Have the parties that had issues thought about filing a lawsuite against Freeman??

They said they were going to pursue that a month after the start of this thread, so...time's up. Disco & Whiplash, any new developments?

well first I would like to clear a few things up. I am not responding to this out of any demands! I also have nothing to hide, so anyone else thinks they have a time bomb, have someone else open it up and see!

I have been doing Buick transmission's for over 15 years. with little of no complaints. and I always take care of my customers! but if you call us and bust my balls, im done with you!

Lisa never said I didn't work at my own shop anymore. she told john I was not working at the shop that week. in fact I was out training for another part time job. this went on for almost 2 weeks. . as far as I am concerned, I don't really think this is anyone else's business.

Lisa told john she would give me the message and she did when I returned. john kept calling and thinking I was avoiding him and got nasty. told her she was lying about me not being there and that he was going to trash me on the Internet.well here we are! at this point with the Trans being out of warranty, I was done with him giving her a hard time.

I told him in the beginning I would cover the Trans no matter how long it was out. that's how I have always done business. he should have just sent it in and it would have been repaired! as far as it being a stock rebuild, that's just crazy! the forward drum is art carr's heat treated drum. I have always used these. and only had 1 go bad in 15 years. the clutch's in the direct drum are altos red HP as the band is an altos wide red. the rest of the clutchs are BG or raybestos.i do my own valvebody and accumlator modifactions as well as other upgrades. this is how I keep the price down and its funny how this has worked so well for so many of you people over the years! I never used billet parts unless a customer request's these parts. I don't know how anyone can build a full billet Trans and sell it for this price. plus I never said at anytime that was how I built it. never! there had to be some pressure loses to burn the Trans up that fast.
I don't really care to get into an Internet pissing match with everyone that likes to jump on the band wagon in the Buick world. but want to thank the people that support me! if you don't like my work then don't call me!

I would never charge anyone for parts that were not installed in a transmission that I rebuilt, 200's are not going to last forever and someone else will be in that Trans sooner or later. im sorry for letting my temper get the best of me and putting Shane in the middle of this mess! john if you would PM me your address, I will refund the money that I charged you

well first I would like to clear a few things up. I am not responding to this out of any demands! I also have nothing to hide, so anyone else thinks they have a time bomb, have someone else open it up and see!

I have been doing Buick transmission's for over 15 years. with little of no complaints. and I always take care of my customers! but if you call us and bust my balls, im done with you!

Lisa never said I didn't work at my own shop anymore. she told john I was not working at the shop that week. in fact I was out training for another part time job. this went on for almost 2 weeks. . as far as I am concerned, I don't really think this is anyone else's business.

Lisa told john she would give me the message and she did when I returned. john kept calling and thinking I was avoiding him and got nasty. told her she was lying about me not being there and that he was going to trash me on the Internet.well here we are! at this point with the Trans being out of warranty, I was done with him giving her a hard time.

I told him in the beginning I would cover the Trans no matter how long it was out. that's how I have always done business. he should have just sent it in and it would have been repaired! as far as it being a stock rebuild, that's just crazy! the forward drum is art carr's heat treated drum. I have always used these. and only had 1 go bad in 15 years. the clutch's in the direct drum are altos red HP as the band is an altos wide red. the rest of the clutchs are BG or raybestos.i do my own valvebody and accumlator modifactions as well as other upgrades. this is how I keep the price down and its funny how this has worked so well for so many of you people over the years! I never used billet parts unless a customer request's these parts. I don't know how anyone can build a full billet Trans and sell it for this price. plus I never said at anytime that was how I built it. never! there had to be some pressure loses to burn the Trans up that fast.
I don't really care to get into an Internet pissing match with everyone that likes to jump on the band wagon in the Buick world. but want to thank the people that support me! if you don't like my work then don't call me!

I would never charge anyone for parts that were not installed in a transmission that I rebuilt, 200's are not going to last forever and someone else will be in that Trans sooner or later. im sorry for letting my temper get the best of me and putting Shane in the middle of this mess! john if you would PM me your address, I will refund the money that I charged you
There is the other side of the story and a very respectable solution to this issue! :smile:

I will refrain from any commentary out of appreciation for reconciliation having been made. As far as I'm concerned, this issue is now over with. Thankyou Len.....

Nice,I think Len ended this nicely and SHOULD not suffer any loss of buisness because of this.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.