Let's debate rarity.

Your father was a USAF Lt. Col?

"How long were you in the Springs, Boostnitup? Wonder if you were there in 2001..maybe you raced my dad when he was stationed there with his tan T! I'm not sure how often he went, if ever, to the track in the Springs though."

I have met your father if he is USAF Lt Colonel and owner of the sleeper Tan car. :)

He worked in the AFSPOC (Air Force Space Operations Center). I was the very last 277XO/1C6XX to be in that program before it was handed over to command post personnel. I spent over 3 years in the AFSPOC and was rewarded with a Conus to Conus assignment to Cape Canaveral/Patrick AFB to work range safety as one of the few enlisted Space Operators to perform that duty. (It is all contracted now)

I have lived here twice... '89 to '91, and December '95 till present. I retired out of 4SOPS - MILSTAR as the Superintendent of Scheduling.

Your father is a good guy. Pass on to him "Louie Arnold" say's "Hi!"

Yup! That's him!! I 'blame' him for my love of these Buicks! lol I actually learned to drive in his T! He has since sold it :(

I will tell him!

His car was definitely a sleeper...

The mounted Nitto drag radials on the back surely gave it away... I was a street racer for many years. :D

I hope his retirement from the Air Force has been enjoyable. In my case I hung it up too early. I married a daughter of the Air Force Space Command IG (Col. Bill Meazell) - since divorced, and that act of stupidy on my part had an impact on my departure from the military. I wanted "Chief."

As the old statement goes... "Put want in one hand, and dog crap in the other... which one has more substance?" :biggrin:

You wouldn't believe how much he street raced when we lived in CA!! There were some flower fields on the outskirts that had long straight roads...I had no idea till after I got mine!! He is doing well. They now live in South West Missouri in a very small town. Has a pretty fast Caddy, but I think he is gonna pick up one of the new SHO's.

I'm actually in the Navy now as an E6. Only one of his kids (has 6) that went military. He didn't give me any crap for joining the canoe club...but my mom did! I've got about 12 years left. Hope to make officer or at least Master Chief!

Slowcar said he made up the number in one his posts.

Indeed he did as the whole board knew..lol

Here is the link to the thread where he says this. He states this after he "THOUGHT" he sold the car only to find out that he didnt!:D The car still takes up space in the for sale section to this day.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/295574-just-trying-help-out-2.html

"really everyone has taken this 100 number very serious.....come on ....this is getting old...it was a estimated guess.....

My car has been sold anyway...it sold off the board to a non-member and it was sold for my original asking price....the buyer asked 4 questions...and the deal was closed...deposit and all......

Good luck on finding a clean limited around.....this will bite a few potential buyers in the ass when they look.....?"

:rolleyes:

i can tell you for a fact there is 1 less turbo limited around.i stripped what was left of one 4 years ago.there are 3 other turbo limiteds still around here that i know of. i would guess there is about a 1/3 of all turbo cars produced still left around. these cars have been getting stripped,stolen, and crashed now for around 25 years.now with the economy the way it is cars that were apart for restoration are now being parted out,sad but true! i got the scraps of a 87 gn astroroof 4 months ago owner fell on hard times and parted it out.there is a astroroof 84 gn with lear sigler seats on craigslist around here that the owner was trying to sell whole and is now parting out.
grand national project NEED TO SELL!!
parting out 1984 grand national

there are others out there around the country that i am sure this is happening to. SAD BUT TRUE

kirban 2 cents worth

Not taking sides....because anyone that knows me knows I have a fine appreciation for many different vehicles rarity being a plus.

While everyone is playing a guessing game on how many are left I am fairly certain insurance companies have a way of reaching approximate numbers based on years gone by and numbers produced etc.

Also part of the mix to consider is demand.....one thing to have a rare car its another thing to have a rare car that is in high demand.

This is not to say if you like a certain car so what if you are in the minority....Orphan cars have their own following....

Personally, I like Limiteds....over a black Turbo Regal. Probably because having had so many black turbo regals tired of cleaning them.

You can see plenty of classified ads hyping something as rare....or cleaniest one in the state.
No way to prove it one way or the other.

I remember reading somewhere that over 7 million cars from 1973 and back are still registered in the US. That's a lot.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Slowcar made those numbers up just to sell his cars. The problem is when someone does something like that, it eventually gets out there because someone googles "Turbo Limited" or something similar and reads that. Now they arent educated on them so they believe it. Then they tell other people and it spreads like a virus.

I know where 17 Limteds are sitting right now that I have either owned, own, my family owns, or have seen that friends own. Thats only here in the Midwest, actually just Iowa, Illinois, and Michigan. And thats only limited that I have personally seen.

The guy is just a salesman not an enthusiest. Look back at his past posts, EVERY SINGLE POST HAS THE WORD "RARE" IN IT.:rolleyes:

I hope he does sell his Limited and his clone so we dont have to be bothered by his posts.

Also, you have to realize there are many other TR owners that are not member or are not active on this board. The Limited owners I know are mainly non-members.