Life TV show, GN

loki993

Just thought id let you all know. dont know how many people on the board are watching the new show life, but in the preview I saw a car he was getting out of and it is definitely a TR, it was black, meaning GN, WE4 or GNX. its on Wednesdays at 10 pm eastern on NBC. this is his new car, he was without a car last episode because his friend/financial manager ran his bently over with a tractor. check the show out its pretty good. anyway its cool seeing the TRs get some love.

From the description it sounds like they're making fun of it, he's going from a Bentley to a POS Buick, lol.

Speaking of Bentley's, I saw one on the road last week. People were rubbernecking to look at it. I really don't understand the appeal, I thought it looked like sh*t, to be honest with you. Just thinking that the dumb thing probably cost twice what my house did was kind of hard to fathom.
*sigh* Rich people :rolleyes:

Yeah, I cant see the appeal of a Bentley other than the turbo'd sports car model does hit almost 200MPH. I guess it's the fact that Paris Hilton and every pro sports jerk has to have one to flaunt how much money they've wasted.

Now I did attend the 100 year anniversary that the Rolls-Royce/Bentley owners had down here in Ormond Beach,FL last year. They are really nice cars from an engineering stand point. Yep. If I had money up the butt there would be a couple of them parked in my drive too.

From the description it sounds like they're making fun of it, he's going from a Bentley to a POS Buick, lol.

I really hope not, and if someone does I hope charlie puts them in their place about it. what I hope is not going to happen is they turn his loosing his car into a regular occurrence, like lets tune in tonight and see how charlie wrecks his car this time.

My wife just called me up to watch it. GN with FMIC and a single silver stripe up the hood. Car had a V-8 with glasspacks sound:frown:

the car didnt have the stripes when it was in the garage, plus it looked like they put 84-85 style wheels on it when he was driving. The car had 86-87 style when it was in the garage

That was the skinny tatooed dude with the shop's! the guy with the custom built throttle box!

I think it was a 85 GN with a FMIC and 87 grille. Anyway the trim cover over the seat belt anchor on the B-pillar was missing. Looks like it could have also been a 84 GN with the 85-87 seats. That steering was looking black in a couple of frames but it could have also been poor lighting. It might explain the 84-85 wheels. The GN in the body shop scene also had a FMIC. Hey maybe they painted the racing stripe on it? And it had a single 2.5" looking exhaust pipe straight out the back on the passenger side. The V-8 sound was piped in. Typical Hollywood. The GN nameplate on the trunk lid was to far in also.

Damien Lewis must have a thing for G-bodys. In the movie "An Unfinished Life" He drove a Cutlass. Robert Redford beat the crap out of the car and than beat the crap out of Lewis.

the car didnt have the stripes when it was in the garage, plus it looked like they put 84-85 style wheels on it when he was driving. The car had 86-87 style when it was in the garage

the car did have the stripe in the garage, it was one of the first things I noticed. yes the GN as a police car was sweet , the lights in the grille and on the rear view. hated the piped in V-8 sound, but what are you gonna do i suppose. also really wish it hadnt had the monte duals on it. otherwise that car looked bad. I DVRs it, so I may go back and do a little spotting, unless someone beats me to it. also about the FMIC, I really didnt see it, but did see something peeking out from under the front end that could have looked like piping. all in all they showcased it pretty well, plenty of good shots of 3.8 SFI TURBO on the hood and some decent shots of the grand national emblems...wait...I dont think they had intercooled under them, ill have to check that, it could have been a hot air car.

I thought it was cool just to see a GN on prime time tv. Scared my wife when I jumped up and and said, "oooooh a GN, look, look!".

I thought it was cool just to see a GN on prime time tv. Scared my wife when I jumped up and and said, "oooooh a GN, look, look!".

That's funny that is what my wife did to me :) She saw it first.

Looked like an 84 with 87 Interior & Grill?
Looked like an 87 with 84 rims?

Funky V8 sound overlay that sucked.

Someone said they didn't see the FMIC DUDE! How could you miss it, they showed a couple of good shots of it from the front.

Someone said they didn't see the FMIC DUDE! How could you miss it, they showed a couple of good shots of it from the front.

that was me, Im pretty sure I saw the piping for it coming in under the front end, but I missed the FMIC, I guess I was too much in awe of what I was seeing to take it all in. the car is definitely good looking and mean, that silver stripe looks good.

Funky V8 sound overlay that sucked.

yeah I was kinda disappointed with the V8 sound also, but really think about it, its probally a lot easier to get a V8 soundtrack than it is to get one of a turbo V6, although they did have the car there, they could have sampled it or something.

just a little funny, I was cruising the NBC forum for the show to see if anyone had mentioned the car and I found this, after someone had mentioned that charile had not been wearing his seatbelt in the last scene:

poster:
"I am pretty sure that old ride (I think is was an old monte carlo) doesn't have shoulder belts, only a lap belt. He could have had it on and we would have not seen it. If you did see a shoulder belt hanging there unused then I am wrong."

im not a member so I could not reply, but I just thought t was a bit funny.

poster:
"I am pretty sure that old ride (I think is was an old monte carlo) .

Typical...:rolleyes:

It's gonna take a Vin (Diesel that is) to show the public what a Buick really is.

What's really funny, and I can see it now, is with all of the press the Buick is starting to get, all the Chebby M/C boards are gonna be full of people whining because some one called their SS a GN.:biggrin: