You can type here any text you want

lifter hole help stage 1?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
My stage 1 block, i can't use the stock lifter bores becasue the camshaft is over 545 lift. I am going to go with brone lifter bores, but i need to know what size to drill the holes for oiling. The bucik book says .150. Should i go with this or go bigger or smaller.

Thanks

Are you trying to use solid lifters? I ran into the same thing with my stage 1, I ended up running the lifters right at 0 lash and it seems to run good, But over ther winter we may disassemble the hydro roller and make them solids. Then they will work fine in the stage 1 block
Otto

YEs i am using the crane solid lifters, butat 545 lift the oil hole uncovers so i would have no oil pressure:(

I left something out, I ended up sttaying with hydraulic rollers at 0 lash,What i wrote may have come out a bit confusing,Seems to be ok with my setup,I run the motor in the 6600-6800 range

Norbs,

I considered bushing the lifter bores in my S1 block to avoid the lifter hemmorage at higher lift. Even at lower lifts if you float the valves, you could uncover the oil feed and bleed pressure.

I couldn't find anybody competent to bush the lifter bores. It really take a specific jig/fixture to do them right. BHJ makes such a fixture but it ain't cheap. So I decided to go hydraulic. I ordered my cam, got the lifters .....then I stumbled onto a new S2 block!

I regret buying a hydraulic roller cam now because I had a lifter on the dyno that wouldn't stay pumped up. My cam grinder (Erson) told me I could put a solid roller lifter on my profile and lash it at .006-.007. That is were I'm at now. I wish I had just done the solid roller from the start.

To answer your question, you don't need huge holes in the lifter bores, just enough to oil the lifter bore and send some upstairs to the rockers. .125 ought to be more than enough.

I'm using .125 on my S2 with hydraulics, and it works fine. I acutally had to open up the holes (to .125) that were there in the ASA block I've got, so you may be able to go smaller if you want.

Thanks for your replies, this shop says they do it all the time, so i hope it turns out well.

Back