Limited purchased from Nick Micale

moose102

Moose
https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/limited-w-4-1.458068/
This was the limited I spent my hard earned cash on THINKING Nick was a good person to buy from.
First, He never aswered my question, "is the title clear" untill after I commited to buying, I then found out it was a rebuilt title. So I accepted that. I should have suspected something when he offered to pay for the shipping.
Second, he posted pictures of the car from a different timeline.
Third, He said it was a $5,000. paint job but failed to mention the paint wrinkling where the bump strip went.
Fourth, he slyly failed to show the custom wheels he mentioned, both front and back where different and not what was pictured.

When the carrier go here, one side of the exhaust was hanging, it ran like crap and could barely make it 1/4 mile to my house.
A few little joy rides and it popped the same head gasket he showed in one of his postings of it but the head gasket was not the same as the passenger side, the bore was larger. In tearing it down I found missing bolts in the intake manifold and header.
I did complain to him about the crappy windshield wipers, hole in the worn carpet and the extremely cracked plastic dash piece. First he said he couldn't find carpet for it, so I sent him a link to a carpet supplier ( which were plentiful online ) he said OK and asked what I wanted. He sent the wrong wiper arm, and bought a carpet in a light blue, NOT what I wanted. I would never buy from him again. I do not trust he is in his correct frame of mind.

In would NEVER buy a car without running it through carfax and running a title history. Rebuilt title means that car was a salvage at one point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to hear that. You would like to think you could count on a vendor to be a little more honest about the shortcomings of the vehicle.

In our original discussion about purchasing the car, you "negotiated" the shipping cost in the deal.

Arizona has a "restored savage" title which was the case of this car had an engine fire, no collision or body or frame damage. You were sent a copy of the title so you could be aware of the status.

I ordered and paid for the "blue" carpet from the link you sent me, and the wiper arm was the one you described. Send the carpet back for an exchange. I sent correct wiper as I ordered it to your info, I will be glad to exchange it.

The wheels were the same in all pictures of this car for years, and I also sent 4 original T-Type wheels in the trunk per your request?

As far as the "exhaust hanging", it is a brand new Pypes 3" system, and if it was hanging, this is a transporter issue as I KNOW it was not hanging when it left. Wonder how many times the car was on and off the transporter truck, or trucks, as they shift cars around even on direct routes?

The engine/trans had only 50 miles which is verified on the new Dakota Digital instrument cluster, and it was running great here.

A few years ago a GN from Georgia had a fresh 10 sec. engine we built, installed and tuned was running great when it went on the transporter. When the customer drove it on delivery, it ran like crap, and it also had a blown head gasket? It is very likely that during the one or two truck/driver changes, someone drove the hell out of it?

Just a thought, you have a car which has many unique, custom components, and with the many performance parts including electronics, which would cost just what you paid for the car, and not considering the many man-hours spent over the years.

I almost said in my first post, "just wait, somebody's gonna tell you what a great deal you got because of all the parts on the car". Didn't take long.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arizona has a "restored savage" title which was the case of this car had an engine fire, no collision or body or frame damage. You were sent a copy of the title so you could be aware of the status. Rebuilt or restored, its still depreciates a vehicle by 20% or more, the title arrived after I paid for the car.

I ordered and paid for the "blue" carpet from the link you sent me, and the wiper arm was the one you described. Send the carpet back for an exchange. I sent correct wiper as I ordered it to your info, I will be glad to exchange it. Light blue carpet with dark blue seats? That is why I stated Midnigh blue

The wheels were the same in all pictures of this car for years, and I also sent 4 original T-Type wheels in the trunk per your request? Yes, you did send the wheels, Thank you! The pictures you posted had the T-type wheel on it (which I thought were the custom wheels mentioned in your ad) as well as the bump strip on the side (where the wrinkled paint is)

As far as the "exhaust hanging", it is a brand new Pypes 3" system, and if it was hanging, this is a transporter issue as I KNOW it was not hanging when it left. Wonder how many times the car was on and off the transporter truck, tor trucks, as they shift cars around even on direct routes? The main cause was a mig weld on a stainless bracket, it doesn't work.

The engine/trans had only 50 miles which is verified on the new Dakota Digital instrument cluster, and it was running great here.

A few years ago a GN from Georgia had a fresh 10 sec. engine we built, installed and tuned was running great when it went on the transporter. When the customer drove it on delivery, it ran like crap, and it also had a blown head gasket? It is very likely that during the one or two truck/driver changes, someone drove the hell out of it? Yes it has 50 miles on the O, no more! I took it around my country block twice.

Just a thought, you have a car which has many unique, custom components, and with the many performance parts including electronics, which would cost just what you paid for the car, and not considering the many man-hours spent over the years. Just a question, how did you get the AC working without a connector plug for the compressor?

I do appreciate the fact that I did get a car without chasing someone for it.

Arizona has a "restored savage" title which was the case of this car had an engine fire, no collision or body or frame damage. You were sent a copy of the title so you could be aware of the status. Rebuilt or restored, its still depreciates a vehicle by 20% or more, the title arrived after I paid for the car.

I ordered and paid for the "blue" carpet from the link you sent me, and the wiper arm was the one you described. Send the carpet back for an exchange. I sent correct wiper as I ordered it to your info, I will be glad to exchange it. Light blue carpet with dark blue seats? That is why I stated Midnigh blue

The wheels were the same in all pictures of this car for years, and I also sent 4 original T-Type wheels in the trunk per your request? Yes, you did send the wheels, Thank you! The pictures you posted had the T-type wheel on it (which I thought were the custom wheels mentioned in your ad) as well as the bump strip on the side (where the wrinkled paint is)

As far as the "exhaust hanging", it is a brand new Pypes 3" system, and if it was hanging, this is a transporter issue as I KNOW it was not hanging when it left. Wonder how many times the car was on and off the transporter truck, tor trucks, as they shift cars around even on direct routes? The main cause was a mig weld on a stainless bracket, it doesn't work.

A few years ago a GN from Georgia had a fresh 10 sec. engine we built, installed and tuned was running great when it went on the transporter. When the customer drove it on delivery, it ran like crap, and it also had a blown head gasket? It is very likely that during the one or two truck/driver changes, someone drove the hell out of it? Yes it has 50 miles on the O, no more! I took it around my country block twice.

Just a thought, you have a car which has many unique, custom components, and with the many performance parts including electronics, which would cost just what you paid for the car, and not considering the many man-hours spent over the years. Just a question, how did you get the AC working without a connector plug for the compressor?

This is what I sent you for an order with stock interiors:

'82-'87 Buick Regal Molded Carpet 2 Door
Color: 1044-Midnight Blue Ultra-Plush Cut Pile
Backing: MassBack

After seeing all these cars being shipped I think both the seller and buyer should take pictures of the odometer. To many shipping companies taking these cars for joy rides. Or better yet take a video of the car running and driving and making some boost. Video it being loaded and video the odometer. Then the buyer video it being unloaded and odometer.

This will also help both parties if issues like these come up. You both can go after the shipper.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If it's this plug the Vintage air doesnt use that plug. Here is mine.

d0d566ab760e4751c667c3692b054f5e.jpg
6c3114edaf559fd9fa0fffa0fbb2495f.jpg

After seeing all these cars being shipped I think both the seller and buyer should take pictures of the odometer. To many shipping companies taking these cars for joy rides. Or better yet take a video of the car running and driving and making some boost. Video it being loaded and video the odometer. Then the buyer video it being unloaded and odometer.

This will also help both parties if issues like these come up. You both can go after the shipper.

I had asked that picture be taken, but.....

sorry to interrupted..but where would I fined the vintage air thread I know there's one on here.