You can type here any text you want

LINE-LOC ISSUES W 4 WHEEL BEAR BRAKES ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

when i purchased my car it had a hurst roll control line-loc,it was attached to the rear brake lines.it didnt even slow them down.the car has 4wheel disc conversion and baer is the company that actually installed the brakes,but i dont know on the lineloc.why it was on the rear i dont know,anways i put the loc on the front lines coming out of the master cylinder.i bought a rebuild kit and installed.it still dont do nothin.any ideas?maybe the unit is bad?it does have a seperate propprtion valve on the rear lines,but i dont think it has anything to do with this line loc setup
ive been to the tracks a few times this year,many more to come this coming year.drag radials too.the best i could hold was about 2-3# at the line.my converter is between 2200-2300 @ 0# right before it starts to create boost.should rear brakes hold more than that?
can the rear pads hold more ?

o
when i purchased my car it had a hurst roll control line-loc,it was attached to the rear brake lines.it didnt even slow them down.the car has 4wheel disc conversion and baer is the company that actually installed the brakes,but i dont know on the lineloc.why it was on the rear i dont know,anways i put the loc on the front lines coming out of the master cylinder.i bought a rebuild kit and installed.it still dont do nothin.any ideas?maybe the unit is bad?it does have a seperate propprtion valve on the rear lines,but i dont think it has anything to do with this line loc setup
ive been to the tracks a few times this year,many more to come this coming year.drag radials too.the best i could hold was about 2-3# at the line.my converter is between 2200-2300 @ 0# right before it starts to create boost.should rear brakes hold more than that?
can the rear pads hold more ?
andyes i do hear the selenoid operate when i push button

from what you posted you dont know what a line lock is for or how it operates
line lock is to hold the front wheels locked for your burnout , this way you dont heat up the rear brakes and roll to the line with hot brakes which wont hold

step on brake pedal and then hold line lock button , let off brake pedal and do your burnout , let off line lock button and roll to the line

thats said there is a way to plumb a linelock to the rear lines to jump the propotion valve and allow full pressure to the rear brakes , this is called a jumper and using it would allow you to build more boost pressure at the line

if you wanted rear discs and to hold more boost ...either get a looser converter or a transbrake

from what you posted you dont know what a line lock is for or how it operates
line lock is to hold the front wheels locked for your burnout
step on brake pedal and then hold line lock button , let off brake pedal and do your burnout , let off line lock button and roll to the line

thats said there is a way to plumb a linelock to the rear lines to jump the propotion valve and allow full pressure to the rear brakes , this is called a jumper and using it would allow you to build more boost pressure at the line

if you wanted rear discs and to hold more boost ...either get a looser converter or a transbrake
yeah i put it on the front for the situation of the burnout you speak of,and i did exactly what you stated and it does not even slow the car,it pushes right through at idle.
so to the situation about the convertor,if i put a looser one on does it mean i have to get a bigger turbo,or does it not effect that like a big turbo and tight convertor

As was mentioned the lines may be going in/out of the wrong ports. The solenoid acts like a one-way valve where oil will go in one direction but not the other and because of this many people don't know that you can pump up the brake pressure once the button is activated.

1) Hold the button down then pump the brake pedal several times hard. This will increase the pressure to the front brakes with each pump.

This may also be why it was installed on the rear brakes. This will help keep the rear tires from trying to roll forward and help build more boost.

ks

Installing a line lock on the rear brakes is for doing burnouts. Push the button before pushing on the brakes. It will prevent the rear brakes from working. Line lock does not hold boost or help staging. It doesn't add braking force. It either locks in front brakes for burnouts (where you let off the pedal), locks out rear brakes for burnouts (where you are still on the pedal and control the roll out), or holds a stick shift car at the line from rolling. I don't have a line lock on my car.

I have a line lock also but i also have a old school rear brake lock....not a line lock. It was designed to hold pressure to the rear brakes to build boost....maybe that is what he is talking about.

i didnt know why it was on the rear in the first place,but i read alot and never came up with anything on putting it on the rear,so i got directions from the hurst website and got instructions,rebuilt it ,followed direction to the t,and it dont work,thought maybe i just missed something.my idea was to use it to keep the car from rolling while i did my burnout,just didnt want to spend money on a new one and have it do the same thing

so if it
As was mentioned the lines may be going in/out of the wrong ports. The solenoid acts like a one-way valve where oil will go in one direction but not the other and because of this many people don't know that you can pump up the brake pressure once the button is activated.

1) Hold the button down then pump the brake pedal several times hard. This will increase the pressure to the front brakes with each pump.

This may also be why it was installed on the rear brakes. This will help keep the rear tires from trying to roll forward and help build more boost.

ks
s setup the way your stating,the selinoid should be backwards when installed to prevent the fluid from reaching the wheel?it does have arrows for direction of the fluid if i remember correctly

Whether you put it on the front brakes or the rear brakes, if you push the button, you want fluid to flow towards the brakes but not back into the mastercylinder...like a one-way check valve. The only way the brakes can be released is if you let go of the button.

ks

my question about the convertor,can i put a looser stall in with the stock size turbo,without any downside?i want to run bigger turbo later but want to use this turbo till i step up later,like maybe a 2800-3000rpm stall

Yes you can use a 2800 to 3000 stall with the stock turbo for a while, it will spool very quickly too.

There may be some racing downsides none that I can think of at the moment but none with a daily driver other than the boost gets there quicker so you have to be aware of that with traction.

I think I see the problem here...You have to put your foot on the brake pedal and while holding the brake push the button, the solenoid closes so the pressure stays in the front brakes after you take your foot off the brake, then proceed to do a burnout while holding the button, remove finger from button all goes back to normal.

When it was installed on the rear it worked in reverse, you would hit the button so pressure would NOT go to the rear brake, then push the brake pedal to hold the car still...All it does it prevent fluid from flowing

I think I see the problem here...You have to put your foot on the brake pedal and while holding the brake push the button, the solenoid closes so the pressure stays in the front brakes after you take your foot off the brake, then proceed to do a burnout while holding the button, remove finger from button all goes back to normal.

When it was installed on the rear it worked in reverse, you would hit the button so pressure would NOT go to the rear brake, then push the brake pedal to hold the car still...All it does it prevent fluid from flowing
yeah thats exactly what i do,it clicks but dosnt even slow it down,the selenoid dosnt seem to complicated,im gonna jack up the front wheel and see if it even stops it by hand

I just went out and pressed down on brake,engaged the selenoid,i had my boy hold the front wheel,it was a little harder to roll but was able to push through with his hands

Must b bad then...I assume with your foot on the brake he can't turn it? Just a quick to make sure the line lock is what's wrong and there's not an issue with the actual brake system.

did you try pumping up the brake while you were holding the button to build more pressure?

how well do the brakes work under normal driving- are they properly bled and are the rear brakes properly adjusted?

did you try pumping up the brake while you were holding the button to build more pressure?

how well do the brakes work under normal driving- are they properly bled and are the rear brakes properly adjusted?

I can't speak for every line lock but mine doesn't let fluid pass in either direction when activated, therefore if you want more pressure you have to pump they before you push the button.

Back