You can type here any text you want

Live feed from the 2007 Orlando WSN's..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wsn

Thanks For posting that site. i am hoping the rain stays away so i can go tomorrow.

Some notable updates from qualifying in Radial....

Shane Stack~ 7.89 @186mph (looked like he left soft)

David Wolfe~ 8.0 @198mph that's right 198 MPH!!!!!!:eek: (looked like he had to pedal it mid track)

Shane had 1 shot to make the field since they cut out 1 qual pass. Took out some timing down low and lowered the boost. It went 5.26 at 146 to the 1/8 on the 7.8 pass. He made it past first round with a 5.20 at 146 and another 7.8 pass...then the rain. Looks like the track claimed another handful of radial cars there....glad i didn't make the trip.

Shane had 1 shot to make the field since they cut out 1 qual pass. Took out some timing down low and lowered the boost. It went 5.26 at 146 to the 1/8 on the 7.8 pass. He made it past first round with a 5.20 at 146 and another 7.8 pass...then the rain. Looks like the track claimed another handful of radial cars there....glad i didn't make the trip.

Overall it was just the wrong weekend for racing in o-town. I was there all three days, and they all had rain. Some radial cars are claimed every year though, regardless. Although you throw in some rain, on a questionable track, and you get problems. Sad part is, Orlando did not utilize all the dry weather they had, which boggles me...

Some notable updates from qualifying in Radial....

Shane Stack~ 7.89 @186mph (looked like he left soft)

David Wolfe~ 8.0 @198mph that's right 198 MPH!!!!!!:eek: (looked like he had to pedal it mid track)

Radial class was awesome! That track is very dangerous to put it kindly. I think I saw at least 10 cars smack the wall and a couple of them were real BAD! If the weather had been cooperative enough to allow 4 time shots instead of 2, the carnage would have been MUCH worse. There were ton of cars in all classes and you'd think after all these years they could have some orginization but it was a complete mess! The stands were packed even though the weather sucked. They tried and tried to keep the track dry and even ran Saturday nights program until 3:00 AM before the county shut them down. The payouts were handled terribly and I hear there is already a major boycott in the works for next years race because of that. Form a spectators perspective, this is a race you should not miss.

Radial class was awesome! That track is very dangerous to put it kindly. I think I saw at least 10 cars smack the wall and a couple of them were real BAD! If the weather had been cooperative enough to allow 4 time shots instead of 2, the carnage would have been MUCH worse. There were ton of cars in all classes and you'd think after all these years they could have some orginization but it was a complete mess! The stands were packed even though the weather sucked. They tried and tried to keep the track dry and even ran Saturday nights program until 3:00 AM before the county shut them down. The payouts were handled terribly and I hear there is already a major boycott in the works for next years race because of that. Form a spectators perspective, this is a race you should not miss.

Ya...they say they are going to boycott it every year...and then they show up, year after year..guess we will see what next year brings.

Dusty,

It is sick to think what Shane's car is capable of in the 1/4 when turned up like that 4.88 @158mph pass!:eek: Obviously we all know Orlando is not the track for him to try that, but nonetheless it is a thought that certainly enters my mind whenever I see his car run:biggrin: It would be nice to see you out there, but considering the crappy weather coupled with the already crappy track I am also glad you didn't make the trip. One of these years I would like to come up to your neck of the woods (Huntsville) to watch the big ORSCA $50K race.

What always impresses me about Orlando is the ridiculous car count that Radial gets! 100 plus cars all trying to qualify and make the show just makes for an awesome show in itself!!! It really is unfortunate that Orlando is such a sh!thole track and that the "Powers that be" do not do a better job to run this event and to improve what really matters (the track surface). The payouts are really an insult to the racers IMO considering some of them make very long hauls to come down for this event and it seems like every year ticket prices increase, but the payouts do not:rolleyes:

Ya...they say they are going to boycott it every year...and then they show up, year after year..guess we will see what next year brings.

I have a feeling the local Radial racers that run at Immokalee, Sunshine, etc. will definitely be boycotting and possibly be looking to have a HUGE Radial race the same weekend with a better payout. Already seen talks of this on the Radial message board and a few other places. We will see what happens.

Orlando

Thanks for hooking us up with the live feed. Although I spent way to much time watching it rain , track drying , just down time in general. Seemed like
everytime I got to see them get going , BAM , in the wall , or off the end of the track. It looked CRAZY !!!!! At least the concrete walls kept them on
the track and not in the grandstands this year!! WOW it was cool!!! Mike

Thanks for hooking us up with the live feed. Although I spent way to much time watching it rain , track drying , just down time in general. Seemed like
everytime I got to see them get going , BAM , in the wall , or off the end of the track. It looked CRAZY !!!!! At least the concrete walls kept them on
the track and not in the grandstands this year!! WOW it was cool!!! Mike

No problem, it is really cool that the guys from Yellowbullet/YWN had the live feed for everyone to watch that couldn't make it. I feel the same way, just when it was getting good somebody either smacked the wall or somebody went into the sand trap. I know Tim Lynch went into the sand trap a few times with his Outlaw 10.5 ride. Guess he wasn't used to the short shutdown or he wasn't pulling his chute(s) early enough.

No problem, it is really cool that the guys from Yellowbullet/YWN had the live feed for everyone to watch that couldn't make it. I feel the same way, just when it was getting good somebody either smacked the wall or somebody went into the sand trap. I know Tim Lynch went into the sand trap a few times with his Outlaw 10.5 ride. Guess he wasn't used to the short shutdown or he wasn't pulling his chute(s) early enough.

Lynch ran off the track once because the chutes looked to be tangled up. He missed the trees by about 10 feet! There is not much of a sand trap there anyway, in fact I stood on a little sand pile by the wall and before I knew it, I was coverd with 10,000 fire ants and they TORE MY A$$ UP! Ever see a white man dance????:biggrin:

Dusty,

It is sick to think what Shane's car is capable of in the 1/4 when turned up like that 4.88 @158mph pass!:eek: Obviously we all know Orlando is not the track for him to try that, but nonetheless it is a thought that certainly enters my mind whenever I see his car run:biggrin: It would be nice to see you out there, but considering the crappy weather coupled with the already crappy track I am also glad you didn't make the trip. One of these years I would like to come up to your neck of the woods (Huntsville) to watch the big ORSCA $50K race.

I wish he would of had a chance at Wolfe. His car will run 5 teens to high 5.0's on even the worse track so I felt a low .60 or even a .50 was possible in Orlando. We're all talking about coming down for the Bradenton race.

Lynch ran off the track once because the chutes looked to be tangled up. He missed the trees by about 10 feet! There is not much of a sand trap there anyway, in fact I stood on a little sand pile by the wall and before I knew it, I was coverd with 10,000 fire ants and they TORE MY A$$ UP! Ever see a white man dance????:biggrin:

I would have loved to had video of that:biggrin:

LOL Bill that is some funny stuff! As Shane said I would have liked to seen video of that:D Every year I'm surprised there aren't more cars that don't end up in the trees. I seem to recall the one year there was a Pro Street car that did, but he was fortunate that the damage wasn't too bad and he was able to still race.

I wish he would of had a chance at Wolfe. His car will run 5 teens to high 5.0's on even the worse track so I felt a low .60 or even a .50 was possible in Orlando. We're all talking about coming down for the Bradenton race.

I think most everyone watching was expecting or at least hoping to see a Stack vs. Wolfe final in Radial. I'm sure both of them would have ran 60's-50's if it didn't rain and the track was in better shape. Last year, Keenan managed to run some 60's if I remember correctly. The Bradenton race should be really nice, much better weather in January and Bradenton is of course a much better track. For some reason they decided to make it 1/8 mile, but I'm sure it will be an awesome event and there is definitely potential to see some record setting numbers.:cool:

Back