Local Annual Turbo Buick Gathering?

princess

Are we having an annual local turbo Buick GN/sy/ty/Buick powered/TEST&TUNE/RACE gathering late November this year?!! haven't heard anything for mooresville or surrounding areas. Race season's almost over. :(

GET CRACKING NCTURBOS! MISSED LAST YEAR DUE TO SOME DECIDED TO DO IT AT ANOTHER TRACK AND WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT AFTER DRIVING SO FAR :mad:

princess said:
Are we having an annual local turbo Buick GN/sy/ty/Buick powered/TEST&TUNE/RACE gathering late November this year?!! haven't heard anything for mooresville or surrounding areas. Race season's almost over. :(

GET CRACKING NCTURBOS! MISSED LAST YEAR DUE TO SOME DECIDED TO DO IT AT ANOTHER TRACK AND WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT AFTER DRIVING SO FAR :mad:

Last year we had it at Mooresville, and everyone was there. It was the spring gathering that didn't turn out too well.

I personally like having it the first or second week of December. With the Reynolds event Nov.4-5, and Thanksgiving later in the month...

I actually haven't given it that much thought. I was hoping for a better showing at Rockingham the other weekend. :confused: I guess some are worried about having to make a top-end pull, so they only run 1/8m. :eek:

K.

Your right I can't believe I forgot about mooresville I guess my memory is fading as I get older :tongue: Lets make plans for a Dec event :) I guess a lot of people did not show to the rock due to it being so far for some. What do you think about the other idea I had (pm)?. need to know what your plans are for Oct 29th.

princess said:
What do you think about the other idea I had (pm)?. need to know what your plans are for Oct 29th.

So, I guess it's not a secret??

K.

no, I had to let him know due to making sure he stays in town, did you get a hold of Ki for me?

thank you
k..

OK for those of you who want to know whats up? I'm throwing a B-day dinner party for Turbo Indian Oct 29th @ 7 pm :biggrin:!!! let me know who's in I already know of some that are coming .He does know because I had to keep him in town and in the state for at least one weekend! that's all that he knows. The following Friday is his actual B-day but with Reynolds the same weekend most people won't be around including us. I hope everyone can make it. Sully, Indy ,Kevin D you did not answer your call last night. Thanks Geoff got your email just let me know hope you can make it. I still have so many more people to inform if I forget you, my deepest apologies just jump in and say you'll join. :smile: I will give you further info.

take care.
k...

OK.... How about this!!!! Oct.29th they are also having the "Late Night Drags" at Rockingham again. How about we celebrate his big day at dinner and then head to the track again????

G.H., If you're coming let me know...

K.

well, that sounds good I'll have to check with hubby. But a few people might be afraid of the long drive. Good way to test and tune before Reynolds.

k...

Spoke with hubby and he just wants to do the dinner party as well as a few others, I 'm trying to figure out something even more special but I haven't heard anything back yet. If it falls through it will be extremely important that who comes shows on time. THIS IS A SECRETE :) :) :)

Take care
K...

princess said:
Spoke with hubby and he just wants to do the dinner party as well as a few others,...

Sounds like someone's scared to break, I mean run their car... ;)

K.

NCTURBOS said:
Sounds like someone's scared to break, I mean run their car... ;)

K.
no I'm not scared to break, unlike you I have to get my car back together, help Sully get the GNX back together. I don't have time to go all the way to Rockingham to watch you make a few passes slower than a Honda pass. :D

TurboIndian said:
no I'm not scared to break, unlike you I have to get my car back together, help Sully get the GNX back together. I don't have time to go all the way to Rockingham to watch you make a few passes slower than a Honda pass. :D

First of all, who said I was talking about you??? Sounds like you are a little quick to be defensive... ;)

And you think you are busy with working on just two cars?!?!?!?! :confused: Why do you think I don't have time for my own? It would be a "slow" period for me if there was just two to work on. :eek:

Maybe I need to take some time away from the SF-600 cylinder head flow bench, R&D'ing these things for people like you... :D

K.

Don't worry about it Keith, crabbiness comes with old age. :biggrin:

You know I'll be there. :)

OK, here we go....

2 weeks from now all the local 1/8th mile tracks will be closed for the IHRA bracket finals in VA. I have asked the boss if it was ok if I came up on Sunday Oct. 23rd while everyone is closed and hook the timing equipment up and spray the track to play around. He said OK. SO, the track will officially be closed, however I can have a few buicks up to come and play that day. I need to know who would like to come. There will be no organized racing, test-n-tune only. All you have to do is sign a track waiver to test that day. Anyone interested?? I will not schedule a make-up race for the one that was cancelled earlier this year.

TurboIndian said:
you know I'm sensitive about my hair! :mad: BONY FINGER

I didn't say anything bad about your hair. :confused: :biggrin:

P.S.- Just heard from the guy that bought the motor out of my blue car. It made 542HP @ 25psi w/a T-61 turbo this weekend.

K.

Clint,
I'm interested if I can talk Sully into helping me with my FAST.
Conrad

alphaenvirmgt said:
Clint,
I'm interested if I can talk Sully into helping me with my FAST.
Conrad

Good deal, you are not the only one needing help with their FAST system.

We will be there, you need to let me know if you plan to come.