You can type here any text you want

Logging Fuel Pressure ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
What is needed to log fuel pressure on my powerlogger ? I have a transducer for my Autometer FP gauge , do I need another one or can you parallel off of the single transducer ??

I got a nice kit from Julio (Razor). Power/ground spliced nicely into TPS connector. I did have a leak between T and transducer. Put teflon tape on threads which cured the leak, but that may not be a long term solution. Then run signal wire it to Powerlogger block, update the ini file and voila.

So you need a second transducer ? If so I think I might remote mount both of them rather than have all that weight hanging off of the rail end .

No you can take the signal wire off of the auto meter transducer. I believe pressure100PSI in powerlogger is the correct calibration

The transducer has to use the correct reference range or it isnt compatible

Looking at the PLC ini file I bet you could use any transducer, just need need Autometer's min/max volts and psi, be it 0-100psi or 0-400psi, 5v or 12v. Just good ole slope/intercept algebra stuff :hungover: Now a single signal feeding two devices (gauge and PL)... not sure, been curious about that myself. Good grounds should make both devices read the same.

Ran my autometer gauge / powerlogger off the same transducer. I just tapped into the signal wire (solder) and ran ran to my PL. I believe the signal wire was purple IIRC

Ran my autometer gauge / powerlogger off the same transducer. I just tapped into the signal wire (solder) and ran ran to my PL. I believe the signal wire was purple IIRC

Thanks ...I'll give that a try first .

Just make sure whatever tranducer you use has an output that changes voltage.

If it changes impedance (ohms), it won't work.

Just make sure whatever tranducer you use has an output that changes voltage.

If it changes impedance (ohms), it won't work.

I'm going to try it with my existing Autometer transducer like achalmersman did . If it doesn't work , what transducer is everyone using ?

you just need to go into the INI file and set the min and max psi for 0 V and 5V also you can custom name #4 and #5

I run mine off the electric box from autometer under the dash, and disconnected the gauge since I log it now. I used the 100psi setting on the volt5 input on the powerlogger. I had to tweak the voltage offset on the volt5 input in the powerlogger by .05 I think to match to the analog gauge. In fact, I've tweaked all of them including boost and afr to match the other gauges and used the same ground so my scanmaster also matches my AEM gauge for A/F ratio.

Back