Looking at a 85 GN

It's largely a matter of opinion and potential use of the car. Street car or show car....not a big deal. Street fighter/track car....hydroboost for the win. I have HB on both my cars....have driven a few tr's with vac brakes....they'll stop the car, but that's about the only positive I can personally say about them. Strictly my opinion though.

That makes sense, thanks for the input.

This car has been posting up red flags in my opinion, but maybe I am just getting too far ahead of myself.

He told me today that it would cost 400 to intercool the car(which is something I don't want to do)

It's been repainted with only 38k miles

The ac was deleted... I just don't understand why.

He replaced the brake system with the cheaper alternative

Is it normal for the turbo and turbo components to have surface rust on them already with only 38k?

Is it possible that the odometer rolled over? He said he got new seat covers because the originals were torn...

Am I looking too much into it?

Thanks,

John

From the photo Just a look at that very damaged n worn hood heat shield and I would add another 100k , maybe even 200k to those owner claimed miles.

From the photo Just a look at that very damaged n worn hood heat shield and I would add another 100k , maybe even 200k to those owner claimed miles.
Hmmmm.......I doubt it. Doesn't take long with a stock heat shield for the hoodliner to look like the pic....

Hmmmm.......I doubt it. Doesn't take long with a stock heat shield for the hoodliner to look like the pic....
Could be.... Just based on my '85 it would take quite a few miles for that to happen, I've never seen a low mike Hot Air car with that much heat damage.

Our 85 T with 140K miles doesn't have as much damage above the turbo as that one.
Could also be a mouse chewed it up as well.