You can type here any text you want

Looking at a couple new guns

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jemook

Hello everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR. Been doing some pig hunting with my brother in law and am thinking about getting a new rifle and pistol. Looking at the Remington R-25 in .308 and the Remington R1 and Ruger SR1911 in .45 auto for a back up pistol. Anyone have any experience with these. Never had a 1911 before and just looking for something accurate and reliable. They both look good for the price. Have always liked both brands. Been a shooter since I was a kid, but mostly bolts, levers and revolvers. Looking for something a little different now. Thanks and I hope everybody has a great year.(y)
JOHN

I've shot quite a few .45s lots of 1911s, 45acp glocks, Springfield xds, and even h&ks. But my personal favorite, without a doubt is the Walther PPQ 45.

How big are the pigs?

The 45 acp is marginal on large pigs. I would prefer a revolver in 44 mag or 45 Colt. Large pigs require a heavy & deep penetrating round.

If you're going to hunt pigs, get an FN-FAL and learn quick target acquisition. If you do it properly, you can hit 7 or 8 when you surprise them in their beds.;) For non-game animals Texans aren't restricted on magazines and I've even used my CAR-15 with a 30 rounder. Never had to use my back up either.(y)

Back