Looking at an 01 GS

pkschul

Super clean and only 58,000 miles. Florida car with no rust.
I think I can get it for under $4K.
Would be used as a daily driver and I probably wouldn't be looking to do anything extreme to it. How are these cars as daily drivers? 93 octane is an expense I know, but looking at overall reliability.
Thanks.

A excellent daily driver A lot of good info on www.regalgs.org

And pumping 93 instead of 87, you figure on 15 gallons if it's .40 more per gallon that's only $6 per tank. I pump 93 in all my cars.

Thanks. Tormenting my self about going after this car or getting a pickup truck. Grrr... can't have both plus the GN!

Cant help you decide on the Truck or the GS. However, GS, low mileage, realistic price ... No brainer. Solid car to 200K miles plenty of inexpensive parts available and easy to work on. Good Luck.

Great engine, I swapped one into my Lumina. I have over 160k and I don't baby it. Really fun for fwd. I changed the supercharger oil and replaced the snout coupling, but you shouldn't need that for awhile. Good luck. Did you find a brake pedal yet?

Great engine, I swapped one into my Lumina. I have over 160k and I don't baby it. Really fun for fwd. I changed the supercharger oil and replaced the snout coupling, but you shouldn't need that for awhile. Good luck. Did you find a brake pedal yet?

No pedal yet, but it's still cold out. I won't be really motivated probably until next month.

Doh! Price drop...
Wife says no, but I'm sick of driving a minivan as a daily driver. I can't even get a freaking chevy cavalier with that milage for that price.

czycatz44 nailed it above....

Great cars awesome reliability . I have owned quite a few of them and have one currently , funny story bought it ten years ago for 2 grand , my wife drove it for 5 years , I took it to the track once with only a cone filter , colder plugs and stat and ran 14.4 @96. We gave it to my daughter 5 years ago got her through college and first year plus of work , she just got a new car and asked me if I wanted it back , so 10 years history and now just starting a new chapter.

my quickest w body went 12.1 @118 pretty strong engines.

as for premium fuel the regal gs will pull down 30mpg + on the highway the regal ls (non sc) will not due to 305 vs293 gearing in the gs I think if you do the math its about a wash

Cant help you decide on the Truck or the GS. However, GS, low mileage, realistic price ... No brainer. Solid car to 200K miles plenty of inexpensive parts available and easy to work on. Good Luck.
Agreed I have owned 2 total. Both 98 cars and the one I have now is a keeper!

I've got a year and 8k on a 2000 with a 178,00 miles on it. Did my own cold air intake and an intense pcm and it's a great daily.

I've got a year and 8k on a 2000 with a 178,00 miles on it. Did my own cold air intake and an intense pcm and it's a great daily.

So if your still on the 3.8 pulley with the Intense PCM and CAI and no other mods what did it do to your fuel mileage?

Bought a 01 for a DD all stock except for a stock location K&N filter and a 3.5 pulley. There are few suspension mods but nothing on the engine other than what I stated. Exhaust is still stock even the U bend is in place. On 93 the KR is minimal so no problems on the 3.5 which is a little surprising.

Thought about doing full exhaust getting rid of the U bend and a PCM from Intense or ZZP but didn't want to kill the fuel mileage.

I've had experience with these cars and did some mods to a DD and it killed the mileage so I was just curious on what you were getting with just the PCM ?

I might just do the U bend and the PCM and leave it at that?

I'm buying another 01 that is heavily modded for track use so I want to keep the daily a daily lol

I've sprung a big exhaust leak and am thinking of doing some pacesetters. May do a 3.6 after that and hope for low 14's.

I have one. Hand ported heads, small cam, headers, intake, e85, small pulley. Makes for a fun daily driver

I still have one too. Also ported heads, Gen5, pacesetters, etc. Used to run about 12.8 with no IC. It's been very reliable and comfortable for a long time. White car though, so it has the peeling paint problem.

I have a spare built transmission if anyone is interested.

I still have one too. Also ported heads, Gen5, pacesetters, etc. Used to run about 12.8 with no IC. It's been very reliable and comfortable for a long time. White car though, so it has the peeling paint problem.

I have a spare built transmission if anyone is interested.
Does your built transmission have the 1" GMR chain by chance? If so I am interested.