You can type here any text you want

Looking for new wastegate...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
you and I both Boss.......... sometimes though....... i really like it when it all bolts together... but them are rare days!

Yeah mine is a duel port and it leaked on the left and eventually the right side side went too. I know a lot of the guys like the single port but I'm on the flip side. IMO the older turbo cars are better off with a duel port design. Thanks but I just couldn't control my fingers and clicked the purchase button on Summit...(wife and kids will now certainly go hungry). LOL! :D

lmao! i know the feeling........ i get ebay crazy and then i go home and say guess what everybody - Beans and Rice for the next 2 weeks!

You're gonna hate me Freddie. I bought 3 of those brand new off evilbay for $10 plus shipping.:D If I'd known you needed 1 I could've saved you some $. Sorry about that.:oops:

The Rods attached (on a "plate") to the internal diafram. A spring acts as a "regulator"
for the thing too react to the pressures that drive (push) it out / at a given pressure ... hence boost.

i think Bob was wondering about the back side of the diaphram, where the rod slips through the canister... how does it seal?

it depends on the wastegate, but some of the ones ive cut open actually have 2 diaphrams inside... and thers one on top of the other. so the top port is connected to the chamber sealed off by the first diaphram and the second port is connected to the chamber created between the 1st diaphram and the second diaphram. so there is no seal per-say in that type of waste gate, it just passes through the bottom end of the canister like a regular wastegate.
the other type actually have a PC style of seal on the rod like a valve stem.

hope that helps.

yeah, that was the question. I bought a cheapie dual-port actuator off eBay, and it leaks a ton of air on the rod side. So I was thinking that there was some sort of seal on the mounting plate.

I've been playing with some control schemes for dual port actuators, so I'm looking at the various actuators available.

Bob

.....I bought a cheapie dual-port actuator off eBay, and it leaks a ton of air on the rod side.....Bob

Did it cost $10.00 like the ones Charlie mentioned?? LOL :rolleyes: The one I got looks to be rock solid. Vacuumed checked one side and it held 30Hg forever. Compressed the other side with 30 PSI and that held too.

BTW Doc I separated the old bracket that came off the OEM actuator drilled in two holes for the new one and BINGO! Easy new bracket. ;)

Back