You can type here any text you want

Looking for some drag suspension help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The best short I've had is a 1.65, looking to get into the 1.5x's if at all possible with the stock turbo/intercooler/converter. I do drive the car about 500 miles a year.

This is what I have now.

- Removed front sway bar, ATR rear sway bar
- QA1 single adjustables up front (set to 3)
- Monroe Sensatrac shocks in the rear
- Adjustable upper control arms (pinion angle set to -3)
- Metco lowers with relocation brackets
- Stock springs all around
- MT ET Street Radials 275/60/15's, usually at 13 psi cold
- No preload set

I am looking to put QA1 single adjustables in the rear along with a H&R rear sway bar. What would be some good springs I can put front and rear for better weight transfer? I read the Moroso trick springs are garbage. Anything I can do with the front control arms? Front shock snubbers? Rear pinion snubber?

Really looking to maximize weight transfer when I leave the line. The car leaves nice and straight right now. The pic in the sig was a 1.69 short.

Thanks for any help,

Doug D

Here are some animations of how the car was launching last weekend. It goes nice and straight and really plants the rear tires. Let me know what you guys think.

buicklaunch2.gif

buicklaunch.gif

Thanks,

Doug D

I think the 275's are too small. I have them on my car for street driving and the occasional trip to the track. My car has gone 1.39 in the 60' before with 10.5" slicks, best on the 275's has been 1.55.
My suspension is similar to yours:

Stocks springs front and back
stock rear shocks
Koni adjustables in the front, set to the softest setting
ATR bar in the rear
no front sway bar
Metcos in the rear
air bag in the right rear

Back