looking for turbo for my app

asloan5

Corn Fed alcoholic
231ci champion extreme ported irons t&d 1.6 roller rockers girdled steel crank k-1 rods je pistons ta headers 3"thdp champion ported intake 70mm throttle valve 160lb injectors for e-85 fast xfi precision fmic th400 rmvb with trans brake PTC 9.5 tc 3.42 axle ratio 28" tall tire I shift a 6000 looking for a good street strip turbo I currently have a pt6162e journal bearing I believe this will be holding me back from a mid to low 10sec pass on a full weight gn
I'm leery of the precision dbb turbos because from what I read the cannot be easily rebuilt unlike the turbonetics turbo
cam card

Grind # BV69 3108S /3109S HR112.0
DURATION @ .050 INTAKE 215 ROCKER ARM
RATIO
VALVE ADJ INTAKE .000 DURATION @ .050 EXHAUST 220 INTAKE 1.50
VALVE ADJ EXHAUST .000 LOBE LIFT INTAKE .3340 EXHAUST 1.50
VALVE LIFT INTAKE .501 LOBE LIFT EXHAUST .3420
VALVE LIFT EXHAUST .513 LOBE SEPARATION 112.0
DURATION .006 INTAKE C/L 110.0
TAPPET LIFT INTAKE 271 CAM ADVANCE 2
TAPPET LIFT EXHAUST 276 HYDRAULIC Y

With your setup you could easily hit a mid to low 10 with the new Billet 62/65 in the .85 PTE housing. If you want more, go Billet 67 and hold on.

You could benefit a lot from an S or HPQ. Id guess very low 10's and dip into the 9's at 28-30psi. You would need to open up the THDP near the upper flange area to remove the restriction if you want to get the most of the big turbine. I have a 66 S in my sig and it will propel a full weight GN into the low 10's fairly easy. For an engine with a good set of heads and a decent cam the 66 S is the best PROVEN bang for the buck as far as BB turbos go that will run low 10's and dip into the 9's with high boost and a good tune. No water lines needed either. I have a 16 blade PTC and shifted around 5900rpm and had about 3% slip at 134mph. You may have a very similar PTC converter to what i have. The converter goes to about 3100 at zero boost/vacuum on the t-brake. Too bad you dont live closer. Id let you throw it on and make some passes with it.

Sounds like a good choice . The iron heads will only take you so fast, so bigger maybe not give you best results.

So by this info I leaning towards a turbonetics 66 bb or do I need to shoot for something a little larger

what about this for a used turbo
te67 built by Limit Polished cover and ceramic coated .63 exhaust. 3" cover

what about this for a used turbo
te67 built by Limit Polished cover and ceramic coated .63 exhaust. 3" cover

What trim is it? I know Limit had 76 and GTQ. Imo you want a S,GTQ/HPQ if you want to achieve maximum power out of your parts

What trim is it? I know Limit had 76 and GTQ. Imo you want a S,GTQ/HPQ if you want to achieve maximum power out of your parts

do not know the trim but it's a 67 not a 76 maybe I'll get lucky and find a good deal on a lightly used precision 70gtq

do not know the trim but it's a 67 not a 76 maybe I'll get lucky and find a good deal on a lightly used precision 70gtq

76 is P-trim fwiw. Aka 6776. Limit doesnt match Precisions names but they sell the same product. Limit TE67 could be a GTQ. Otherwise its likely a 76 trim. You would know if the turbine sticks out past the end of the ex. housing. If not its likely a 76 trim wheel

this turbo ended up being a p trim journal bearing so it is a 6776 not the gtq

I would go with the larger turbine for 6000 rpm and 25+psi boost. It will make a lot more power before the backpressure gets really high