You can type here any text you want

Loose harmonic balancer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Mike i did the engine myself local machine shop did the machine work i made sure that it was clean maybe i missed something. did a 30min. run changed the oil and filter and again at about 200 miles after that i only drove the car on weekends, now be steel crank/rods/dimond or go stroker, dont realy now what the issue is but back to the drawing board all ideas or direction will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Just have the block cleaned out good from the machine shop ask them to clean it before and after installing all freeze plugs and galley plugs. Then do it again with hot soapy water at a car wash at home then blow it out you also need to spray some kind of graphite spray on the cylinder walls so they dont rust in the assembly process.. Keep it clean I can assure you thats what happened to the other block.

Williambavila i will keep those pointers clean inside and out and what brand or type of graphite spry are you refering to?

Williambavila i will keep those pointers clean inside and out and what brand or type of graphite spry are you refering to?

go to any parts store it comes in a spray paint style can its like 6 bucks and one can will cover the motor it will not hurt anything and it drys like flat black paint you can rub it off with a towel or any cleaner but no need to.. just use a air gun to blow out all galleys and ports if you feel debris coming from the hole do it until you dont feel any coming out rotate the block to move any debri inside and do it again.. it takes a ton of time but you wont have to rebuild it again.. also use king rod and main bearings only if you need some send me a pm i can get discounts on them.If you are putting the motor together yourself use a stp no smoke or lucas oil stabalizer to coat bearing surfaces before installing the crank i also use 50w racing oil when installing the pistons. use white rags lots of them to keep things clean do not use a rag that hits the ground. if you need step by step instructions feel free to pm me i have all the time in the world so let me know.:biggrin:

Back