You can type here any text you want

loss of traction

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sscamino

I put a Weber racing 252cu. stroker motor in and dont have the traction I had last year. Im running HR boxed upper and lowers,poly bushings ,anti roll bar, bags with 6# and Sumitt race shocks in front. I had sears gas shocks that worked good last year,but this year wanted to try Sumitt race shocks in rear and as soon as TE-67 turbo spools up it breaks tires loose. Ive tried all three of the adjustments with no success. What works ? Rick

Street or track? What tires? On the street, you won't get it to hook making the power that set up is capable of. Are you running an HR sway bar. If so, ditch the airbags, either way, ditch the driver side bag, try more air in the passenger side.

traction

Im running M/T 275/60/15 radials,HR sway bar,boxed uppers and lowers with poly bush. Paul says to put the same air in each side no matter what it is.And this is on the street havent been to track yet.The combo is 67 turbo,65 inj.,stretch intercooler,TH down pipe,218-212 roller,1.6 roller rockers,full ported topend,KB dog house,70mm TB,RJC plate,tweek 6.0,full thottle upgrade to scan master,Razor alky,and daul 3in exhaust. Will the radials hook at the strip?

Out side of preloding the HR bar,or air bag anything else.I still havent heated the tires up on the street either.I also run a full tank of gas for weight.Thanks for the info.

Out side of preloding the HR bar,or air bag anything else.I still havent heated the tires up on the street either.I also run a full tank of gas for weight.Thanks for the info.
take out the stroker and you wont have these problems:biggrin:

The loss of traction is a good thing, you are making power! Did you try no air in the bags. They might be preventing weight transfer. The HR bar is doing the job the passenger bag used to. This kind of loss of traction is hard to combat. When the turbo is hard, torque is being "poured on" so fast the tires and road can't handle it. Figure you are adding 400+ ft lbs in afew hundred rpms, rather than being spread out thousands.

I readjusted HRs swaybar,took all air out of bags and put a good set of adjustable rears on. Its a little better but still frys tires as soon as it hits second.Ill try anything at this point.

i just ran my car last night, had a 1.86 and ran a 7.66 at 91 mph on reg radials(grand am 275x60 tires.) on about 15 to 16 # boost at a slick track too. combo below but its been 7.0's before with iron heads ...

also you could try shifting alittle early from first to 2nd... would help some..

The car is overpowering the tires, turning the boost down would solve your problem. or put a set of slicks on it.

Slicks would do the trick but need to do it in street trim. The local track is having flash light drags...no slicks.If I dont get traction then I need to get it on a dyno at least.

Do you have any way to turn down the power a lil bit in second gear? TT chip? Boost controller? you are plain and simply overpowering the tires and there is not a whole lot you can do besides turn the boost down some. If you have a TT chip you can lower the timing a lil bit in second gear so as to lose a little bit of power, If not you're just SOL

Put a set of Sportsman Pro's on that thing, set'em at 12 psi and go get it!

They hook like a banshee, and you can drive home on them.

Back