You can type here any text you want

Lost twice to the same LS1 and still feel good

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Lost to an LS1 last night TWICE! I’ve been looking to race one of these for quite some time now but up here in the Northwest it’ always raining. This past weekend the weather cleared up so I took my near stock baby out for a prowl.

I meet up with a guy who has a newer LS1 who was also looking to flex some muscle. We drove out to a nice little area to do the deed. We raced twice and both times he beat me by 1 and half car length. After the race of course we talked and he told what was done to his car. Chip, exhaust, ram air set up, new rear end and a rebuilt motor with upgraded pistons. He claims a 13 ohs at the track on street tires. So I showed him my near stock GN. Stock exhaust with test pipe, hard MAF with 9” K&N, Thrasher 92 and adjustable FPR. That’s it

Even though I lost to an LS1 I was satisfied that he didn’t walk me too bad. I can only run 15# of boost before the knock meter goes crazy. I have ordered my SMC kit and will be getting a STRIP chip here in the next week or so, then it back to LS1 hunting. I had figured with my current setup I was a 13.40 – 13.60 car.

You gotta love these turbo 6’s with 15-year-old technology that can hang with a new/built LS1

YOU CAN VERY EASY TAKE HIM DOWN WITH A LITTLE TUNING TIRES,20-22PSI, RACE GAS;)

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
. Chip, exhaust, intake, ram air set up, new rear end and a rebuilt motor with upgraded pistons. He claims a 13 ohs at the track on street tires.

Nice job on being able to somewhat hang with the car but if he told you that his car only runs 13.0's he was pulling your chain. Either that or their is something wrong with his set up cause those cars come running 13.30's of the showroom floor. Still, get some good gas (or alky) and turn up the boost and you'll get em. 3rd gear is when they usually start to pull really hard so watch em. When I was stock, I used to pull a hole car of the hole and maintain it till about the 2nd to 3rd shift and thats when they would SLOWLY walk by me. I know how you feel. I used to be happy as hell when they would only get me by a car. Now they won't race me. :D

Happy hunting. :cool:

3rd gear is when they usually start to pull really hard so watch em.

Your soooo right. Third gear was defently his gear. As far the ALKY kit goes, its on its way. Steve frm SMC is a little back ordered. :)

The BFG's were fine when the car was stock but not any more. How wide can I go on a the stock rim? I'm sure that this has been asked time and time again so I'll search for it.

Thanks for the replys.

I think I'm going to start hanging chop sticks from my rear view mirror in case I need a snack when those ricers throw a rev my way. LOL.

i had just a few more mods than you and raced a kid in an LS1 camaro.He was running 108 and N2O.he only beat me by a car length.I had a 3" dp,atr headers,KB chip ,70mmTB,ram air,and et streets.He told me it had 346 hp at the wheels without the juice.I asked him how big was the shot and he wouldnt tell me he did tell me about the 108.He also said that he put it on the car because a GN just like mine handed him his ass a few weeks before!LOL!I was running 17psi and 93 octane!

Damn old school OD's

Very true, Z28's have good 3rd gears, whats with the all the older 700r4's, and 2004r's having crappy 3rd gears?

In my S-10, i'll pull damn good in 1st and 2nd, until I hit 3rd, and it drives like i've got a 2.33 rear end!

Good Job, those LS1's are quick poo, I like the Turbo 6's myself anyway!

i lost to one saturday night myself i had him all the way till the end and he pulled up on me but i got him to admit he hit the nos in high gear said he couldnt catch me on motor...:D

his car runs 11:60's @ 116 on motor and i was in street trim on 93 exxon gas...:) so im definatly not complaing

Very true, Z28's have good 3rd gears, whats with the all the older 700r4's, and 2004r's having crappy 3rd gears?

Considering all of them have a 1:1 ratio, I'm guessing it's more a function of the motor & rear end gearing. The LS1 motor screams top end for an NA motor. Buick turbo motor gives great low end torque, but gets lackluster up top in comparison ....until you do some mods ;)

Brian Green
89 TTA

Nicely done General!!!

Uncle Sam decided to give back a little $greenback$ to me so I see some upgrades coming soon.

Frank

"Chip, exhaust, intake, ram air set up, new rear end and a rebuilt motor with upgraded pistons. He claims a 13 ohs at the track on street tires"
not to flame but i was just wondering

why would he rebuild his ls1 engine with internals? :confused: and ls1 dont have chips:confused:

I agree w/ packing 8. I smell **** coming from somewhere! That dude is a lier.

yea i soon as i read the the guy had rebuilt his engine with forged internals and still stay N/A, i was confused plus the engine is 98-02.
Maybe he meant an LT1. the only year the Z28s had a chip is the 93. my 93 has a chip and i know 94-02 dont.
maybe he can clear this up for us

That dude is a lier.

Whoa Nelly!!!!

I hope your comment is directed at the guy with the LS1 that I raced! I'm no GM guy I only stated what this kid told me.

Fact: I did see his intake, I did see his exhaust. And I did race him and was 1.5 car length back.

What I cannot verify was the pistons that he claims to have had installed, what he uses for and ECM or his track times. That is what he told me and not knowing LS1s I took it as gospel.

I hope that clears this up.

whoa bigboy...i believe ya but now that you mention it...what exactly looked aftermarket about his intake?
and i was calin him a lier

Not all LS1's run 13.3's off the showroom floor. First because of gas milage issues the A4's only come with 3.23 rear gears while the M6 comes with 3.42's second it deffinately depends on the driver with the M6.

although I did run the wifes 2002 WS6 when it had 995 miles on it, bone stock (just an oil change at 500 miles) even stock tire pressure, spun alot (like a 2.5 60ft) and bounced the rev limiter going into second, and still ran a 13.9 @ 103 with an A4. The LS1's are the real thing.

man thats a real bad 60'! that 103mph is good for what 13.3-13.5?

Originally posted by packing8
man thats a real bad 60'! that 103mph is good for what 13.3-13.5?

Maybe better.

I have an old time slip of mine where I ran a 13.36@102 so just imagine.

Back