Low MPH???

1chance

Anyone can tell me if these times seem right? 11.97@113.3mph/ 1/8@7.68-91mph. 0-60@3.5sec/ 0-110@10.90sec. Thats all i can remember, but does that seem right? Oh 1.8-60ft. My friend say my MPH should be higher, im running 255/50/15 BFG DRs. Do i need a taller tire for more MPH, and will it help 60ft that much?

buicks are quicker than they are fast(torque),looks about right.as a matter of fact you might be able to go 30's or even 20's with that mph on a good day.just my two cents worth

buicks are quicker than they are fast(torque),looks about right.as a matter of fact you might be able to go 30's or even 20's with that mph on a good day.just my two cents worth
When you say 30, or 20s. Do you mean 11.20s??

The ET is close to the mph for the 60 ft. So no I don't think the mph is low. But depending on boost/timing i would say that your setup has much more in it. What boost and timing were run? On a 1.58 60 ft I once ran an 11.68 at 112.8 on my old setup on pump gas/17lbs of boost. So it seems pretty close to me. Most guys get used to seeing Cobras and LS1/vettes/fbodies that run 11.90s at 117-118, but they don't have the mid range torque/acceleration that the buicks do so a buick will usually ET very well for a given mph.

It's not too bad however my car did that when I was blowing through the converter. Changed converters and picked up 3-4 mph.

What are those times from.... i.e. track times? ..... or G-Tech times?

FWIW I wouldn't get too worked up over any numbers coming from a G-Tech.....

Well at this point this is all i have to go on. Anyway thats @ 17psi boost. If the calculations are right the HP is said to be 419-480 rwhp at 58MPH. I think my car is leaking boost into the radiator. So this is why i was asking. Thx for all the replys.

i was talking about 1/8 mile times, and i dont know how accurate g-tech's are,does that look alright to you grumpy

If mph is lacking look at the tune and torque converter slip. The g-tech e.t. is very accurate in my experiences. Ive used it at the drag strip and it within .1 on every clean full pass. Mph is always 3-4 mph too high.

If mph is lacking look at the tune and torque converter slip. The g-tech e.t. is very accurate in my experiences. Ive used it at the drag strip and it within .1 on every clean full pass. Mph is always 3-4 mph too high.
Mine has been very accurate to!