You can type here any text you want

Lowering my T-type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboChrisBenji

Hey guys, I asked this in General tech, but nobody answered the lowering questions. Should I go with dropped-spindles or lowering springs? I want to keep a nice ride and occasionally drag-race, so it can't be super-stiff. I've seen guys use F or B body spindles with different upper control-arms. Other-than bigger brakes, what's the advantage of those spindles? The car already has Bilsteins, and I've had good results with those before, and the front sway-bar is 1.25". Not sure if that's stock, but the rear definitely is. Thanks for any help you can give me, Chris.:D

I think most people prefer lowering springs. That is what I used. Check out the recent thread started by "my1stgn". Lots of good info and Links. :biggrin:

Hey Chris, I use Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs and Competition Engineering adjustable shocks and you can get both from Summit Racing. I think the springs were $240 and the shocks are about $40 each. so its not too costly and you dont have to modify anything. just put them on. My car handles and rides excellent. and has a awesome stance. Here are before and after pics

Jason

Attachments

• Buick87 019.jpg
    Buick87 019.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Jason'sHotrod0013.jpg
    Jason'sHotrod0013.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 255
Thanks for all the replies. What do you think about running "tall" spindles or ball-joints? Supposed to help with negative camber when cornering. Which would you go with? I want to keep stock brakes, for now. Don't want the Wife to freak-out, you married guys understand!!!

Hey Chris, I use Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs and Competition Engineering adjustable shocks and you can get both from Summit Racing. I think the springs were $240 and the shocks are about $40 each. so its not too costly and you dont have to modify anything. just put them on. My car handles and rides excellent. and has a awesome stance. Here are before and after pics

Jason

what size tires do u have in the back? Any rubbing issues?

Thanks for all the replies. What do you think about running "tall" spindles or ball-joints? Supposed to help with negative camber when cornering. Which would you go with? I want to keep stock brakes, for now. Don't want the Wife to freak-out, you married guys understand!!!

If keeping stock brakes (or even if not), Cheaper and easier to go with tall ball joints. Check out Savitske Classic & Custom :biggrin:

Back