LQ4/4L80E swap

WOW. Congrats on the build and the payoff on the times! I sure hate to see this thing with some rods and pistons and some boost.

What heads and cam are you running. Those times are awesome N/A!

Not meaning to mislead anyone the 10.92 run was with a 200 wet shot using a Nitrous Express PN: 20110 kit. The cam in this car loves the spray and has zero knock.

Car runs mid 12's on motor alone but I believe the gearing and 28" tall tires are holding it back a ton. The rear was purchased used and was suppose to have 410 gears. After the track shakedown I suspect the gearing is most likely stock 342's. I'll be pulling the cover to find out.

The heads are stock 317's with Comp 918 beehive springs and Magnum pushrods.

The front accessories are new from PacePerformance.com (19155166 - GMPP Accessory Drive System Without A/C - Fits LS1 & LS6 Engines) Block had to be drilled and tapped and a high flow water pump was used instead of stock.

Looking for the video of the run. A friend of a friend was at the track taping that night but I haven't got the video yet.

Not meaning to mislead anyone the 10.92 run was with a 200 wet shot using a Nitrous Express PN: 20110 kit. The cam in this car loves the spray and has zero knock.

Car runs mid 12's on motor alone but I believe the gearing and 28" tall tires are holding it back a ton. The rear was purchased used and was suppose to have 410 gears. After the track shakedown I suspect the gearing is most likely stock 342's. I'll be pulling the cover to find out.

The heads are stock 317's with Comp 918 beehive springs and Magnum pushrods.

The front accessories are new from PacePerformance.com (19155166 - GMPP Accessory Drive System Without A/C - Fits LS1 & LS6 Engines) Block had to be drilled and tapped and a high flow water pump was used instead of stock.

Looking for the video of the run. A friend of a friend was at the track taping that night but I haven't got the video yet.

Still nice times! Any pics of the car ?

Ls buick at atco

I saw this car running at Atco that night. It is a very nice conversion!! inside and out clean car. Most everthing looks or is brand new.. it sounds amazing at WOT screaming down the 1320. If i only had the money!! I recall it running low 11s high 10s with some very soft launches..

UPDATE!!!!! 10.469 @ 131.02 MPH on 200 shot and 12.07 @ 113 w/o spray

Made some minor updates and had Tunetime Performance tweak the tune a bit for driveability and top end performance.

Replaced junk Monro-Matics with Comp Engineering drag shocks front(80/20) and back(50/50). Converter is finally loosening up. I can hold it on the line up to about 3400 w the brake pedal alone before the vacuum gives out.

Thanks to Gero for some launch technique tips. Pulled a 1.491 60' and I think she has another tenth in the 60' with some minor tweaks. I ordered the UMI upper adjustable control arms to get the pinion angle right. We'll see!

Had car repainted and cleaned up the interior quite a bit. Really looks nice now. I have some new pics but must find some time to post them.

Minor 1-2 shift problem when on spray with the 4L80e. Keeps hitting the rev limiter before shift. I'll be pulling the trans to get that sorted out. Should be good for at least 2 tenths up top.

Turns out the rear does not have 4.10's but stock 3.42's. May throw a set of 3.73's in there for some more track fun but I'm loving the mileage and streetability of the 3.42's.

A lot of people have asked about my plans for forced induction. While I would love to turbo the car I'm at a stage where the thing runs so good I don't want to drop the $$$ required to convert it. If I keep it I may in the future but plans are to sell it once all the little tweaks are done.

This car should safely run a 10.0 or high 9 without much more. That's the goal.

All in all this build turned out great! Couldn't be happier with the reliability and driveability of it. Turns lots of heads and gets many thumbs up on the road!

So from what I've posted what do you guys think a 10.0 1/4 mile properly done V8 conversion in a super clean chassis should fetch in today's market?

Attachments

• Regal Small.jpg
    Regal Small.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 511
Nice conversion, really clean. Love the Edelbrock intake, it is sharp! Would love to see it turbo'ed for sure!

I'll start the bidding at 1 million dollars ;)

imgres

Just kidding..beautiful car :biggrin:

Attachments

• dr.evil.jpg
    dr.evil.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 504