You can type here any text you want

LS1 starter motor bolts - ARP?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey Jan,
Looks like they should work as ours are 1 & 7/8ths for the short one and 4 & 5/8ths. for the long one. Thats just the bolt lenght. On starters you want and should have complete thread engagement in the block.

I believe those are for the older larger starters.I phoned the dealer and bought ones for a 94 camaro.The mini starters have shorter bolts than old style.Napa also carrys them.

Kevin

Sorry Jan but Kevin is right those do look like the longer ones for a stock style starter.

yeah, i don't think a Gen 3/Gen 4 (commonly called LS engine) starter will work...

and i can definitely say that those ARP bolts in the OP will work even if you have an LT1 starter and just got a letter wrong- they are metric and your block is tapped for 3/8-16.. just go to your favorite parts store, head to the "Help!" section, and buy the 3 pack of GM starter bolts.. if they are too long for the LT1/LT4 mini starter i assume you've actually got, then a couple of washers under the head will take up the gap.

Back