LT70GTQ Compressor A/R??

Cheeseburger

Please take a look at the compressor housing on this 70 turbo.
As far as i am concerned it should be the same size as the turbonetics 76 housing i have.
See the picture.
According to chopper at limit engineering every one who uses a lt70gtq should be EXACTLY the same as the turbo on the left in the picture.
Personally i have never seen this smaller housing except on a t63e turbo.
Also chopper states that they only make ONE 70gtq turbo.......EVERYBODYS are exactly the same inside and out.

Please confirm.

Thanks.

Yes i am curious to know why they are using smaller diameter/width backing plates and smaller compressor covers :confused:
Are they worried about interference with the water pump rad hose which is generally a none issue to most racers?
I phoned limit but no reasoning was givin, just "All Limit 70gtq turbos are the same".
I just do not recall seeing many if any of the small compressor covers in BG last year.

Here is a quick way to tell the difference.........
Count the amount of bolts holding your compressor cover to the backing plate.

here is a pic of a craig limit p rim 70 with a -1 compressor cover

Attachments

• turbo70.JPG
    turbo70.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 274
  • turbo.JPG
    turbo.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 263
gtq 76

i have a gtq 76 with .63 housing from limit, any of you guys use a .85 housing with out a t-brake? many thanks!! :)

et10sec said:
i have a gtq 76 with .63 housing from limit, any of you guys use a .85 housing with out a t-brake? many thanks!! :)

I have the same turbo and used it with the .63 housing as well.
For the price it costs for a housing it might be worthwhile to invest in one and do some testing.

The turbo on the left looks just like a buddies 70 p-trim from Limit. I believe that's the new GT series housing. BTW Dave England's Q-trim looks the same and it's been 9.60's or so.

I did order a precision 70 gtq for a TSM car and it's compressor housing is much bigger than the Limit. I think it's the same housing as a 76mm or PT88.

Dusty Bradford said:
I did order a precision 70 gtq for a TSM car and it's compressor housing is much bigger than the Limit. I think it's the same housing as a 76mm or PT88.

I was told that the smaller housing is suited for guys that have stock location intercoolers.
The larger housing should flow more air, hence make more power.........i would think!

Dusty Bradford said:
The turbo on the left looks just like a buddies 70 p-trim from Limit. I believe that's the new GT series housing. BTW Dave England's Q-trim looks the same and it's been 9.60's or so.

Pictures my friend speak a thousand words.

gtq 76 with .63 housing

i guess no one has used a large turbo (no trans brake) with a .85 housing, so the .63 housing is the best way to go with out a trans brake?? many thanks?

John Wilde said:
Pictures my friend speak a thousand words.

If I had some I'd be glad to post them :D Since I have my own camera now I should probably keep it with me all the time.

Dusty Bradford said:
If I had some I'd be glad to post them :D Since I have my own camera now I should probably keep it with me all the time.

How about a camera on your cell phone??? :confused:

O.k. I don't know much longer I will be awake. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow if I'm going to make it to the track by 1pm ;)

ok the compressor on the craig turbo is a holeset cover the same used at precision they have small metric bolts holding the cover theres a bigger cover on the gts and pt-88 those are still smaller than the t series turbonetics but they have a 3 inch outlet i dont think theres much power in the cover Laz

Laz, you are using the 8 bolt cover on your TSM motor.....which is the same size as the cover on the 76.
The new cover on the 70 (6 bolt)above is slightly larger then the cover i have for an old t63e turbo.