M&H Racemaster Cheater slicks!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I spoke with Tom at M&H Racemaster and we both want to know how much intrest there would be in making a new cheater slick size.

Specs:

26x10.5x16 cheater slick

#HB-11 compound

Price $169

It is just like the 26x11.5x15 except for the cross section and rim size.

This tire would not bulge on the rim like the 11.5's would.

I know alot of you guys run GNX style 16" rims so let me here what you think.

web site

www.intercotire.com

Thanks,
Bo

cheater slick...

how many grooves?
do they look anything comparable to their 305-40-16s?

sounds like a good idea, keep us posted
BW

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
cheater slick...

how many grooves?
do they look anything comparable to their 305-40-16s?

sounds like a good idea, keep us posted
BW

1. A couple of grooves

2. No. They look more like ET streets.

Basicly what is going to happen is if I can get enough intrest in this size tire then it will be made. The only two other tires that fit on a stock 16x8 rim bulge out too much to look really nice.

Thanks,
Bo

Im just looking for intrest not commitments thats all.

Lemme know if you dont like the idea or if it is not the right size for you or if you think is a good idea..... I need feedback for this to work........... Thanks Quick6'n'-K.C.

Bo

here is my take on it-

ET streets that are 26x11.5x16 are only 10 inches wide tread and 11.5 from sidewall to side wall- they rub a tad on my car when i ran em on my TTA-

ET drags that are 26x10x16 WHICH ARE NOT BEING MADE ANYMORE, are 10 inch tread section width.

if they make these tires, are they only 10.5 from side wall to side wall making it only a 9 inch tread section?

i think if they could make a tire like the HOOSIER quick time pros, with a 10 inch tread section with only a few grooves, use the beed lock system like hoosier has so no rim screws needed, then i would be in for a set of those, but i need a TTA first!

i think im correct on the above info, let me know if im mistaken
BW

I have the stock GN rims, but I have a few friends that run the 16" GNX rims that would be interested. They are always complaining about the fact of not having very many tire options. Thanks for the looking out for us TR guys.

If anybody has questions give Tom a call at 330-337-3062 and he can answer any questions you have cause I may screw up some numbers.

Tom is a real nice guy to deal with.

Just let us know what you find out.

Bo

Well, What do you guys think? Maybe I can get a group purchase going???? Not on just the tire we are discussing, but for any tire?

Do you guys want me to try them out first and report back? Throw me a friggin bone here:D

Oh, And how do you start a poll? I think that might work as well.

Bo

A better size would be a 27" or 28" tall tire.

Hard to go fast on a 26" tall tire (unless you have a TTA) without going into the motor.