M&P fans?

I know the picture sucks, but it shows 2 of my M&P's, my old Colt US Gov and one of my S&W 39-2 and few other tidbits... and clunkers.. I have a pretty nice picture of one of my 1911's, but can't find it. It's a S&W 1911sc 4.25" with the scadmium frame, nice carry gun, but I don't carry it much. I am partial to carry 10rds plus over 8..

Picture062.jpg

Just gotta love a blue finished 1911 with pearl look grips. I still like smith, but my last smith purchase has really left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Just gotta love a blue finished 1911 with pearl look grips. I still like smith, but my last smith purchase has really left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

What was it?

I bought a Smith and Wesson 617 22cal 10 shot revolver with a 4" barrel in late August last year. I couldn't find one anywhere, but a local dealer was able to locate just 1 through one of his suppliers. Since I ordered it he had me pre-pay for it. This didn't bother me because I know he has gotten stuck with guns in the past that he ordered for someone only to have them back out.

The gun came in and I had something going on so I picked it up and took it home without looking at it. The next day I went to shoot it and noticed the front site was crooked. Upon looking at it closer I found out the entire barrel was on the gun crooked(in pic notice how the serrations on the barrel don't match serrations on frame). I work in a manufacturing environment and know sometimes things get out, but damn.

I end up sending it back to smith for repair. Since it was there I was going to have them install a different front site on it as well (fiber optic or drill the existing site and add a gold bead). Well, I didn't get the gun back til mid November. There was a post it note inside that stated the site I wanted wasn't available and that was it. I live in Wisconsin so by the time I got it back it was cold outside and already lost interest in it.

I really like the m&p and was going to buy one that Cabelas had on sale a few months ago. It was a 9mm for $525. Cabelas had one of their sales where if you spend $500 you get $100 off, so it would have been $425. I get there and they were out of stock. I did buy a Glock 26 last week from a local dealer for ccw and I really like that gun.

2003_0101Image0013.jpg

2003_0101Image0015.jpg

Wow, S&W is usually good about customer service...

The glock is a great piece too!

S&W seems to be having this issue with the canted barrel lately with some of the revolvers including the L-frame 686 models. Luckily mine is good. As far as Glock goes, it seems like lately a lot of people have had issues with the Gen4 Glocks recoil springs. Not too big of an issue, but something to watch for with your G26.

As far as Glock goes, it seems like lately a lot of people have had issues with the Gen4 Glocks recoil springs. Not too big of an issue, but something to watch for with your G26.

Actually Glock just announced a recall on all GEN 4 Moldes made before a a few months ago, they are offering free replacement springs I read... However is does not apply to the G26 or G27...

Actually Glock just announced a recall on all GEN 4 Moldes made before a a few months ago, they are offering free replacement springs I read... However is does not apply to the G26 or G27...

Glock has awesome customer service so I'm sure it won't be much of an issue, however, I think because of this recall there are more people looking at the M&Ps as well as the XDs for those that like the polymer striker fired pistols.

Yeah, the 26/27 always had the dual recoil spring setup, hence the reason they were not part of the recall.

Glock has awesome customer service so I'm sure it won't be much of an issue, however, I think because of this recall there are more people looking at the M&Ps as well as the XDs for those that like the polymer striker fired pistols.

I really like the look and feel of my XDM pistols. However they have more recoil, IMO than either the glock or M&P. Has anyone else noticed this?

I really like the look and feel of my XDM pistols. However they have more recoil, IMO than either the glock or M&P. Has anyone else noticed this?

Shane, one think I like about the M&P compared to either the Glock or XD is the extended beavertail. It helps a lot with the felt recoil and also gives you a better high hand hold so it points more naturally. S&W did a good job in my opinion with that design although I know some will say it is not as comfortable for carry. Guess like anything it has its pros and cons.

Shane, one think I like about the M&P compared to either the Glock or XD is the extended beavertail. It helps a lot with the felt recoil and also gives you a better high hand hold so it points more naturally. S&W did a good job in my opinion with that design although I know some will say it is not as comfortable for carry. Guess like anything it has its pros and cons.

Yeah, that does help. I love the way the XDM looks and feels. I just don't like the way it shoots...

I love my M&P's and Glocks all the way around... S&W is more ergonomic, however you just can't beat the dependability of the Glock IMO...

Wow, S&W is usually good about customer service...

The glock is a great piece too!

This is what I was talking about when my buddy called S&W . They thought he was a civilian and were giving him the run around, their tune changed after he told them it was he duty gun !!!